Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• But he was building the WALL! And had the remaining in Mexico law. He was doing something about it. Unlike the idiot in the WH now.

"WAS", NOT "DID". He failed in this promise. He actually only completed 80 miles of new barriers where there were non. the rest of his "wall" was replacing/repairing older sections. Regardless of the idiot in power now, Trump failed to build his wall.

• Wow, just read this about "another" big problem in large California cities (I am sure other cites have this problem as well) but I like the fact that Oakland has a Dept. Of Violence Prevention (not the police) and had violence interrupters to handle the problem...Crazy, women with thongs, breasts exposed, twerking, and some naked in broad daylight and I guess it is ok???

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cal…tion-human-070052475.html

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I don't know about that. Every time I get into my truck and hit "D" it brings us further into debt. But if you hit "R", it rolls taxes and spending BACK and life gets a LOT easier to make ends meet since it reverses the bad things the other party lied about and spent us into bankruptcy.

I don't know.... I got in my truck and hit D and went through the garage wall... then I hit R and went through the garage door... not sure which was better or worse.... :)

• I don't know about that. Every time I get into my truck and hit "D" it brings us further into debt. But if you hit "R", it rolls taxes and spending BACK and life gets a LOT easier to make ends meet since it reverses the bad things the other party lied about and spent us into bankruptcy.

that's what Republican leadership tells us, but history shows it just not true - Of the 5 presidents under which the national debt grew the most one was Ronald Reagan and another was George W Bush - - two Republicans

Seriously how to you square what you said with that?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I don't know.... I got in my truck and hit D and went through the garage wall... then I hit R and went through the garage door... not sure which was better or worse.... :)

Well, as in real life, putting it in D and driving through a brick wall is a heck of a lot more expensive to repair than putting it in R and driving through a cheap garage door.

The repair costs are always cheaper the "R" way!!!!!!!!

• that's what Republican leadership tells us, but history shows it just not true - Of the 5 presidents under which the national debt grew the most one was Ronald Reagan and another was George W Bush - - two Republicans

Seriously how to you square what you said with that?

I love stats and most of the time they do tell an accurate story... Yes, Reagan and Bush II are on the list and mentioned slightly and without any discourse to the numbers is the fact that Reagan took office during a recession, high inflation, and energy crisis... If that had not been the case it is hard to say if he would be on the list.

Bush also had the 2001 problem (9/11) which he lead us into a 19 year war, and also the Great Recession of 2008.... again, what would those numbers look like without those events.

Working with those stats, one can statistically note that neither of those presidents would be on the list if not for the $$ spent on the crisis during their terms.

The same thing can be said for most who are on that list.... That being said, all of these presidents listed inherited a debt from a previous administration except Bush II...

• If like Ronald Reagan a President lowers taxes more than almost any other President in history, at the same time also increases the national debt the third most of any President in History whats the point?

You are giving the people a small amount more in each paycheck, but you are also handing them a much larger debt that they will have to pay back later

Its all smoke & mirrors - - they make you feel good today, but they dont tell you that later your going to be screwed

Tax cuts are meaningless if at the same time the National Debt is still going up - - its just a trick to keep us voting for them and by the time the bill comes due - - they will all be off relaxing in their country clubs laughing all the way to the bank.

• and herein lies the problem. Lowering taxes and paying down the huge debt at the same time will increase hardship to many. Cuts to programs and other budgetary spending will affect many.
    This is where it falls off the rails. The current government (both in US and Canada) will not let that happen. They have to save everyone. Everyone has to be equal.
    Pisses me off up here also. I work my ass off to get ahead and live a comfortable life. The ones that don’t work hard should suffer a bit and have to deal with it. BUT, the government won’t let that happen. Hence why they are in power in both countries. More people voting for the free money.

• what have they done to you to deserve your hate?

If you truly just want a better life you don't enter a new land with your first act breaking their laws and making yourself a criminal. Add to that the drain on social service, unpaid medical, and the amount of money being sent out of the US and you have just touched the tip of my why I hate illegal aliens iceberg.

You want to come here the first thing you need to do is show you have respect for the country you are asking to become a member of it's society and follow the rules.Period. A migrant worker visa to work in the industry you mention is not hard to get.

Oh, and about Reagan, let me tell you about one of my first security posting where I watched thousands of truck mounted TOW anti armor missiles and thousands of man portable Dragon anti armor missiles and Infrared targeting systems being loaded on to transport planes on their way to Iraq (you know, to Bush Sr's hand picked proxy, Saddam) so they could fight the Iranians. At the same time Ronnie was on TV telling the US people we where only giving then LAW light anti armor missiles, nothing vehicle mounted, nothing with guidance capabilities, and nothing that could be effectively used against us in the future. Fast forward and these same weapons where skillfully used against us as built or turned in to IED's after Sr's rabid dog broke his chains when he found out he was going to be neutered. Well, you know the rest of the story. Or do you.

..... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• If you actually believe its easy to get a migrant visa then you have never known anyone from a third world country who has tried to get one - - My wife is Filipino and American Citizen and we have tried and failed to get migrant work visas for a few of her family members who are still in the Philippines. Heck our nephew tried to come here for a 1 month vacation just last week on a ten year tourist visa that the U.S. embassy approved. His plane landed at LAX at 12:20pm last Saturday. My wife and I drove out to LAX to pick him up and we waited and waited and waited until 8:00 PM at night and he never came out from customs. We were finally advised to go home another 2 1/2 hour drive and we were still not sure what happened. Finally at just before midnight we got a call from Noel on the customs phone - it was his one phone call. They had decided that they didnt trust him to return back when his vacation was over so despite the fact that he had an approved visa they held him until 3:45 the next day and then put him on a plane home - And this was a guy trying to come here legally just for 1 month who had an approved visa from a U.S. embassy - - oh and the money he spent on the round trip airfare - - GONE WASTED! - - for nothing! and our entire Saturday wasted - - -it aint easy!!!

Getting here legally is incredibly hard . as a citizen my wife has the right to petition for her unmarried brothers and sisters to come here legally - - the current wait is over 20 years.

Unless you have a skill that is special that an employer will swear in writing on the visa application that they can't get here in the U.S. who will petition for you to get you a work visa - - it is not easy

Yea - its easy you say - - and if you actually believe that you don't know shit!

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Yea - its easy you say - - and if you actually believe that you don't know shit!

Actually I do know shit. I guess you forget where my well worn screen name comes from. Strangely it has a basis in a few portions of my life but for the purpose of a response to your insult it refers to a generational industry my family owned company participates in using thousands of migrant workers over the roughly 100 years of it's existence and aiding in their legally obtained permits so my shit sir, is deep.

Oh and it being hard well, for some it may be, but that is a different conversation. It is still no reason to accept someone breaking the law to come here.

...... kiss-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Did they say why your nephew had so much of an issue coming into the US... Every day at the San Diego-Tijuana border over 100k people cross back and forth... some for work, doctors, shopping... and so on... That is just one border crossing where people legally go back and forth.

What did he say to make them not think he would return to PI?

What Orangeman says is true. If a migrant has a job offer the process to come to the US is quite easy.. Without a job offer it is much more difficult. For example, a Canadian (I know Canada is not a third world country) can get a work visa at the border with no wait involved at all. My buddy works for a billionaire who has workers come every year from Mexico and even flies them here on his private jet.. they stay for 9 months and then go home... come back next year.

A person does have to have a job here before getting a work visa in most instances... not all but most...

With inflation... another 5 cents worth of my opinion......

• In the year 2000 Al Gore said the sea levels would rise 40 ft and the whole world would be flooded by 2010 if we didn't reduce CO2 now. Since then, we've increased CO2 20% and sea levels have risen 2 in, temperature is in a normal cyclical range, and the Earth is 5% greener because of CO2. Fuck Gore and fuck the scam that is "climate change"

• https://www.reddit.com/r/Walls…&utm_content=share_button

This is a good one guys. This is the woman that was one of the heads at Twitter before Musk over.

I saw this and this judge is absolutely right!

It's too bad the main drivers of this BS - will never be held accountable - by the law.

#BringBackVigilantes

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• And SoCal for knowing where you live and who you are keeps me hope in this world. Sorry I really hate California/China lmao. JK it’s only my opinion I mean Nancy lives there so must be a great place. That last one I had too

I understand where you’re coming from as California usually gets painted in a certain light, but I can guarantee you that it is as diverse as any other state. If you come to Orange county, Riverside county and parts of San Diego county, you’ll find a very law and order no messing around environment, You get north of Santa Barbara and all that goes away.

California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah are a playground unrivaled I believe and my wife and I are almost running out of roads right now. It’s a beautiful thing. 😎

My beautiful wife of 36 years is coming up on the big 60 this year and I asked her what she wanted to do. She said let’s do the loop! She said let’s get on the road go to Flagstaff, Monument Valley, Moab, Canyon lands, Bryce Canyon, Zion and finishing up in Vegas. looks like I’ll be keeping, the big bag brackets on!

I married well!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Sad to say as much as I loved the law it has become a shadow of its former self and something that has set this country on a road to oblivion if a course change is not set in motion SOON!! With an obviously weaponized DOJ, IRS - the castration of law enforcement nationwide with policies that favor violent criminals over innocent victims how are we to survive? I used to be proud that I represented law and order. If I was graduating from high school now going into law would be the farthest thing from my mind because what the law is now opposed to what it was 40 years ago I just couldn’t stomach it. Lady Justice has been raped and dishonored .. this should depict her now….

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it