Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Oct 18th 2016 7:33PM

Ecuador acknowledges limiting Julian Assange's web access

QUITO (Reuters) - Ecuador's government acknowledged on Tuesday it had partly restricted internet access for Julian Assange, the founder of anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks who has lived in the South American country's London embassy since mid-2012.

Ecuador's leftist government said WikiLeaks' decision to publish documents impacting the U.S. election was entirely its own responsibility, and the country did not want to meddle in election processes or favor any candidate.

"In that respect, Ecuador, exercising its sovereign right, has temporarily restricted access to part of its communications systems in its UK Embassy," it added in a statement.
    "Ecuador does not cede to pressures from other countries."

Assange was granted asylum by Ecuador after a British court ordered him extradited to Sweden to face questioning in a sexual molestation case involving two female supporters.
    WikiLeaks said it activated "contingency plans" after Assange's cut-off, and Ecuador said that its action did not stop the group continuing "journalistic activities."

Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa has long backed Assange's right to free speech and has also supported Clinton publicly. "... I would like Hillary to win," he told broadcaster Russia Today last month.

(Reporting by Alexandra Valencia; Writing by Andrew Cawthorne; Editing by Sandra Maler)

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Well said Wolf! I will just say get out there and vote and let your voices be heard. We all know this election isn't rigged, most prominent republicans attest to that. I just hope this mess finally ends in November because no matter who takes office someone will be pissed off! Regardless who wins I will man up and accept that person as the president no matter how I feel. :/

• Trump is saying it's rigged so if He loses he can say "I told you so" and if He wins He can say He overcame the system. He Is an Asshole that believes that if I shout it out loud enough if must be true.

We as a Country cannot win with either of these Candidates.

• Trump is saying it's rigged so if He loses he can say "I told you so" and if He wins He can say He overcame the system. He Is an Asshole that believes that if I shout it out loud enough if must be true.

We as a Country cannot win with either of these Candidates.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• There has already proven to have been early votes made that were from people 148 and 152 years old.
    There has always been, and there will always be fraud in voting.
    The only way to minimize it is to require identification to vote.
    Just like you have to have identification to buy beer, drive a car, get medical care, open a bank account, and supposedly get government assistance, but we all know there is fraud there too.
    Actually saying there is no voter fraud happening just shows how blind some people CHOOSE to be.
    The only thing that is unknown is just HOW PROLIFIC it is, but we all know it is happening.

• Well, some gov't assistance doesn't require an ID. Like food stamps/EBT - those you can get as long as you have someone there (or on the phone) who can vouch for who you are. :00008862:

My question is this: if the Constitution protects your right to have a gun, and if you need an ID to buy a gun, and if it provides an undue hardship to get an ID, then isn't requiring an ID to buy a gun Unconstitutional?

• Rigged and voter fraud are two different things. Half the frauds could be Republican and the other half could be Democrats, nobody knows. What we do know is the incidents of voter fraud are a fraction of a percentage point in the electoral process, inconsequential.

Um .....OK.....

......... laugh-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Voter fraud has been around for years. Isn't it surprising that the democrats don't want a voter id requirement, EBT, "handouts", yet they want id's for most other things. Obama telling Trump to quit speaking about voter fraud laughable. Isn't it what put him over the top.

A week ago I spoke to a County employee who works in the voter program. I told him about incidences I have seen at the polls. In MS all people who show up to vote are allowed to vote, even without ID. That is what makes voter fraud so obvious!

YLM. Your Life Matters

• Just a quick google search returned this..........
    Voter Fraud - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

1,251 illegals registered to vote in Florida. That is only 0.009% voter fraud.
    537 votes is all it took for Bush to beat Gore (THANK GOD Gore didn't win)
    But as it has been said, it is just a small percentage, so don't worry about it, what can it hurt........

JUST KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON
    :00008674:

• I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm not saying it couldn't possibly swing an election. I'm saying you can't assume it's all one side and it is extremely unlikely to swing an election.

But if it did, would it be called a "Swingshot"?!
    :00008356:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014