DDMWorks Rear Big Brake Kit - 6 piston Wilwood

• We have received our production parts back, and after more testing and validation, we are happy to release our rear big brake kit for the Polaris Slingshot. This rear big brake kit is designed specifically to be used with our front big brake kit and features the same Wilwood 6 piston caliper with a separate mechanical spot caliper to function as a parking brake. The 6 piston Wilwood caliper we are using is forged for strength while also being lightweight at only 4.4 pounds. The caliper also has stainless steel pistons and an internal transfer tube for durability. Piston sizes on the caliper are 1.62", 1.12" and 1.12" for an overall area of 4.04". This unique caliper setup allowed us to maintain the same piston size as our front caliper setup on the back to keep the overall brake system balanced. At the same time, the separate mechanical parking brake caliper also allows a purely mechanical setup that will continue to function if there is ever a hydraulic failure in the system, just like the stock brake setup does now. The rotor for the back is the same huge Wilwood SRP rotor we use in the front that is 14" in diameter and .81" wide. This is the largest 3 wheel big brake kit available for the Slingshot. We will have these available for shipping starting May 22nd and also have them at the Maggie Valley event the following week. The Big Brake Kit on our site is being modified to allow the kit to be ordered as a 2 wheel or 3 wheel setup and should be updated by the end of the week.

Slingshot Front Big Brake Kit by DDMWorks

Price for the rear setup only is $1295 with the SRP cross-drilled and slotted rotors, both calipers, brackets, pads and all mounting hardware needed to complete the install. There will be a separate page being built on our website for just the rear big brake kit also for those that have already purchased our front big brake kit and want the rear to go with it.

If you have any questions, just let me know
    Thanks!
    Dave

• That looks like a killer set up @Dave@DDMWorks. I can say that I have been using Wilwood brake assemblies for over 20 years on my dirt track cars. Very reliable good customer service and always refining their products. I would imagine your big brake kits will stop the Sling on a dime. Gonna have to consider this kit in the future.

Little dirt car action

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• I'm in for the rear set up. Replied to Angie a bit ago to hold my front kit until the rear is ready and ship together