22s (Rear) on SSSL? Help!

• I was going to replace my rear wheel with a 22x11 wheel but now having 2nd thoughts because of ride comfort change, offset issues, etc. I would run 245/35 (or 245/40)/20x8.5 on the front.

Anybody running 22s ontbe rear or suggestions ?

Edited once, last by LD3 ().

• Whatever you do, change the front and rear an equal percentage for height. That way it won't mess with your traction control. Your speedo will be off, but you can live with that. I run a 325/30/20 on the rear and my speedo is off 11%. So at 70, I am actually doing 77.

• I was going to replace my rear wheel with a 22x11 wheel but now having 2nd thoughts because of ride comfort change, offset issues, etc. I would run 245/35 (or 245/40)/20x8.5 on the front.

Anybody running 22s ontbe rear or suggestions ?

Our CT buddy BONES is running either 22's or 24's, so I'm sure he'll chime in. If not, send him a pm and he'll let you know what he's running. Here's a picture of his first ride which gave him the idea of the mod for his slingshot.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Whatever you do, change the front and rear an equal percentage for height. That way it won't mess with your traction control. Your speedo will be off, but you can live with that. I run a 325/30/20 on the rear and my speedo is off 11%. So at 70, I am actually doing 77

Geat That's my plan from info I've received . My concern is the offset. I've heard from forums and tire shops everything from staying with the factory offset is a must to it doesn't matter as much because we're talking millimeters. I'm looking at a +30 on the 22x11.

What offset do you have?

• Our CT buddy BONES is running either 22's or 24's, so I'm sure he'll chime in. If not, send him a pm and he'll let you know what he's running. Here's a picture of his first ride which gave him the idea of the mod for his slingshot.

I'll do that. And I'm LMAO about the stroller! Can he get one for my twins???

• Got off the phone with the wheel company earlier today. They say they're gonna make the rear wheel +45 (Whew! :thumbsup: ). They say they're working on meeting the front offset too or at least +40 (Even better!). We'll see once they send me the specs…

Love that pic! That's what I'm going for. Fat 'n Nasty! :thumbup::thumbup:

• Great to hear @LD3!

With your 22x11 you might go to 325... Heck maybe risk 345, but that's awfully close to your spring... Though there are some out there...

I believe the difference in width from a 315 to 345 was about 1 inch maybe 1.5, and really that doesn't matter... Right ladies??? ;(

• Great to hear @LD3!

With your 22x11 you might go to 325... Heck maybe risk 345, but that's awfully close to your spring... Though there are some out there...

I believe the difference in width from a 315 to 345 was about 1 inch maybe 1.5, and really that doesn't matter... Right ladies??? ;(

An inch is 25.4 mm. The difference between a 345 & a 315 is 30 mm. 30 divided by 25.4 is 1.1811 inches. Splitting the difference puts the tire about 0.59 inches closer to the shock spring.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• So biggest tire I can go with on this rim is????? Can't even get a solid answer from tire shops!!!! :whistling:X/ANYONE???

Wheels:22x10

Lexani CSS-10 Chrome Wheels 5x4.5 ET35

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• @BONES, I'm not sure if the offset affects anything, but for a 10 inch rim, I think you could get away with a 295? Maybe 285 is at the recommended limit...

that's what I have 295

Tires:295/25ZR22

VREDESTEIN SESSANTA 97Y UHP Summer Tires

...there saying I can go

Tires:295/30R22

Lionhart LH-Ten BW XL 97W.....Just don't know what I'll gain??

• Well, 30 is just the sidewall height, right? So I guess a more cushioned ride?

Possibly change your handling too... :huh:

WHO cares about handling , just looks... :whistling: Hell in this Shit hole of Ct we can't ride anyway..if it's not snowing it's raining and cold

give it 1 more month then there's gunna be a Super Fast Red Sling for Sale!! :cursing::huh:

• a really poor quality tire.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Great to hear @LD3!

It can also have something to do with who makes the tire also, overall width are not always the same.