WELTER or OTHER EXH?

• Has anyone come up with a fix on fumes running the Alpha variable?.....can't do side or rear exit because of body kit. Strangest thing, drove home after install, about three hours no fumes. Now the fumes are very strong.

We have a variable on one and it has no fumes. I would check the manifold and exhaust for cracks. Not to be negative, but the exhaust has been know to crack. Check in the area of the end caps on the can and the point where it mounts to the manifold.
    Also make sure the mount strap is secured correctly because if that strap comes undone it will put a lot of stress on your header.

• I totally love my Welter Bagger set up. The sound is good and have zero smell of any exhaust. My set up is not stock, I have a v-shaped med. size wing, wind restrictor, saddle bags above the rear tire, roaddog's dust mod, and a madstad 9" windshield. Not sure if any of that helps me, but I'm very happy with it

• @SpeShees if you have a compressor, you can stick the end of your hose(w/nozzle that allows air out) into your tailpipe. Stuff a wet rag in the tailpipe to close off around the hose. Get a spray bottle with soapy water and heavily spray every weld and connection. Bubbles = Leaks. ;)

• I am considering a WP exhaust system. I currently have a Madstad roof and will soon be installing a rear wing. Was wondering if anyone else has a similar set up and if they have any issues with exhaust fumes coming back into the cabin area ? I am also getting a Wyked hitch system, will the duals still work ? Down the road am also looking at a possible super charger so will probably look at the 2.5" system.
    Thanks in advance for your input.

• I have the duels and just installed the Wycked hitch last week no problem. Can't answer your other questions about the top and wing.I have a 7in Madstad adjustable windshield only fumes I get is backing up my drive.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

Edited once, last by slolane ().

• I am considering a WP exhaust system. I currently have a Madstad roof and will soon be installing a rear wing. Was wondering if anyone else has a similar set up and if they have any issues with exhaust fumes coming back into the cabin area ? I am also getting a Wyked hitch system, will the duals still work ? Down the road am also looking at a possible super charger so will probably look at the 2.5" system.

As long as you use the stock wind screen (as in short) the taller the screen the more fumes. @Summer Breeze can tell you more about this.

I tried my damndest to see if Jeff could do something cause I really really really like the way the duals look in the back. Jeff pretty much said I'd get fumes regardless of what I did. I have the +5 windshield so as @FunCycle said, you might be able to get away with them with the shorter windshield, but the way the airflow naturally comes over and back around on tops will lead to some fumes in the cockpit. Got this from the man himself there at Kerrville. The best he could do for me was the stealth setup, but even that, with the turbo required extending it out past the body on the left. I didn't like the look... sadness.... I really really like the way those duals look coming out the back...
    Did I mention I really like the Welter duals :(

• I tried my damndest to see if Jeff could do something cause I really really really like the way the duals look in the back. Jeff pretty much said I'd get fumes regardless of what I did. I have the +5 windshield so as @FunCycle said, you might be able to get away with them with the shorter windshield, but the way the airflow naturally comes over and back around on tops will lead to some fumes in the cockpit. Got this from the man himself there at Kerrville. The best he could do for me was the stealth setup, but even that, with the turbo required extending it out past the body on the left. I didn't like the look... sadness.... I really really like the way those duals look coming out the back...Did I mention I really like the Welter duals :(

@Summer Breeze had the +6 we cut 2 inches off and put it back on, he went for a ride and put the stock screen back on. This was months ago. As for me I have cut the stock wind screen off to 1/4 inch above the center brace, where I can look over the top, very little problem with the gas fumes. (5 ft. 6 inches and Stock seats) and the Welter Duals.

• Thanks for all the info so far, much appreciated. Also forgot to mention that I have the Madstad dual windshield set up as well, this probably won't help the situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• @Spudinator has a stock windshield (or what looks to be stock) and the rear windrestrictor with the duals and it sounds and looks great. He has no problems with fumes in the cabin. Problem is the boosted engines. If you never plan on boosting, then it's ok (according to Jeff). The boosted engines are running richer than stock so they create more fumes. There's no way to keep them out of the cabin other than the aforementioned stealth extended out the sides. I have the Alpha side exhaust and while I don't get any fumes, my wife will occasionally get a bit. Not too bad, but they are there.

• @Spudinator has a stock windshield (or what looks to be stock) and the rear windrestrictor with the duals and it sounds and looks great. He has no problems with fumes in the cabin. Problem is the boosted engines. If you never plan on boosting, then it's ok (according to Jeff). The boosted engines are running richer than stock so they create more fumes. There's no way to keep them out of the cabin other than the aforementioned stealth extended out the sides. I have the Alpha side exhaust and while I don't get any fumes, my wife will occasionally get a bit. Not too bad, but they are there.

The NA with Bob's tune will be a little rich also.

• oh yeah! and @Spudinator also has some Texas Horns on the front of his sling. That's probably scaring the fumes away :whistling::thumbsup:

Yep. Scares those fumes right away. Lol I have the F4 windshield that is stock height. I have fought fumes with another rear exhaust but I have none with this set up. Very happy with it.

Those that are having more than usual fumes check the manifold because it will loosen up some.

• On Tuesday I installed a 1320 header and the Welter 2" dual system. A REALLY easy install. Basic tools. The look and sound is just what I wanted. Bought both from slingshotsonly. While perhaps not necessary, I wrapped the pipes in the area of the angle drive as they are rather close. Too much heat there would not be a good thing! EditEdit[/b]

If you are referring to my post and pics, my fender is a homemade one. The Welter duals clear it nicely.

Yes I was! I knew I didnt recognize the fender, and knew it wasnt assault.. looks good and I guess you could day you have an original one of a kind :thumbsup:
    Curious about the material you used... is it painted? It has a metal color to it, but Im on a tablet and maybe Im mistaken.

Wish we could have done the welters... :(
    Wish welters would fabricate some to accommodate metricks!

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Has anyone come up with a fix on fumes running the Alpha variable?.....can't do side or rear exit because of body kit. Strangest thing, drove home after install, about three hours no fumes. Now the fumes are very strong.

We have the variable... and yes it was "take your breath away with the carbon monoxide strong..." after you install any headers, or exhaust, you gonna have a weird funky smell for a few hundred miles (500 for ours) or so till it all burns off..But if it persisted much longer than that, I'd go back to the shop you had it installed and see if they can lift it up and take a look just to make sure..

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)