engine code???

• While I was setting up the radio and the dash I noticed that there was an engine warning.
    According to the manual that option isn't there when there is no code or no fault in the system.
    When I hold the mode button it gives me a nr.

Is there a list somewhere with the explanation?

The code is 0520230 and then a small 31

Thanks

Edit: I don't have the check engine light lit on the dash

• Its the "I'm enjoying my SlingShot in the Garrage" code..... Be very careful with this one. It has been known to cause an empty wallet.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• You are correct....nothing to worry about....it is basically telling you that it has turned off the power steering.

If you want to test this theory... leave the key turned on and turn your steering wheel and you will notice you have NO power steering....

As soon as you turn the key off and back on the power steering "timer" is reset. I believe it is close to 2 minutes.

You do know that the key has two positions. It has an accessory position if you turn it past the first spot. Sometimes you kinda have to push in on the key to get it to go into that position.

• Yep, knew that. Isn't normally the first stop of the ignition the accessory position? Or is that only on european cars?

I found out because when I wanted to start it for the first time I turned to that position (like I am used to with the cars) and there was no way to get it fired up.
    So turned it back one click and then it worked!

But thoughtfull of you to ask! Thanks for that!!!

• Just a note that if you have or download an IR reader to your phone and scan the IR code under the hood on the fender(has tire sizes/preasures etc...) you will be taken to an accessible page with engine codes that you can print out if you want for the garage. I just stumbled upon it trying to look up parts on the Sling that have those square codes on them. :00000156:
    Saved all 5 pages to my drop box :00006725:

• Just a note that if you have or download an IR reader to your phone and scan the IR code under the hood on the fender(has tire sizes/preasures etc...) you will be taken to an accessible page with engine codes that you can print out if you want for the garage. I just stumbled upon it trying to look up parts on the Sling that have those square codes on them. :00000156:
    Saved all 5 pages to my drop box :00006725:

Nope, this was something new! I saw the code but never bothered to try and scan it.

Tnx for sharing the knowledge :)