Used Slingshot extended warranty?

• Just found a killer deal on a slingshot locally. But the dealership isn't a slingshot dealer, just polaris.
    If I buy it from them used, can I still buy the extended warranty?
    It's a 2016 with less than 2k miles. They are asking $20k. I know the owner of the dealership, so, he will sell it to me for $18k.
    Would be a month or so until I could drive it because of my foot, but, hard to pass up that kind of deal.
    Thoughts?

Sent from my phone using my big fat fingers to push the buttons

• do you know the build date? Should retain the 2 year warranty regardless.

Build day could be misleading as far as warranty, it starts the day the first owner signed the papers.

Any Polaris dealer should be able to run the vin and tell you how much warranty is left on it.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• @Joker256 I would contact @FixMyToysZach or @cball86 From Ball Equipment They can let you know on warranty and on the extended warranty. my 2yr is up June 1st and thinking on buying extended

Yes, I would be happy to assist with this. The moment that was sold to the first buyer is when the 2 year factory warranty started. You are able to extend that warranty with any Polaris dealer. We are currently offering 25% off all plans right now if you were interested in a quote. When you get the VIN # I can get you a exact quote with the discount. If not, I can still get you a rough $$$ amount. Shoot me a PM and I can get you taken care of. As long as it is a 2016, you are still within an extended warranty period.

• Cool. Thanks @FixMyToysZach . I wasn't sure if it had to be the original owner or not.
    I'm going by to check it out tomorrow. He know I was looking for one so he called me and sent me the pic.
    The price seems like a great deal for the mileage. I'll check everything out tomorrow and go from there.
    Thanks guys!

• Since you're here and all @FixMyToysZach...

I bought a oem double bubble windshield on ebay... Never opened the box because I have the f4+ shield on...

Well, I opened the box to just test fit and drive a couple of days with them, but... I have 2 passenger bubbles! Missing the driver side and I'm past my ebay warranty time... Could you help out? I will exchange a passenger side for a driver's side... Pretty please?!? PM me if needed...

Sorry @Joker256, carry on...

• I bought a oem double bubble windshield on ebay... Never opened the box because I have the f4+ shield on...

Well, I opened the box to just test fit and drive a couple of days with them, but... I have 2 passenger bubbles! Missing the driver side and I'm past my ebay warranty time...

you do know that you have a 180 day Paypal warranty, don't you? I would contact your seller, and if you get no response, you can open a Paypal dispute. With both Ebay & Paypal- the customer is ALWAYS right....... as a seller- trust me on this one. :(

• you do know that you have a 180 day Paypal warranty, don't you? I would contact your seller, and if you get no response, you can open a Paypal dispute. With both Ebay & Paypal- the customer is ALWAYS right....... as a seller- trust me on this one. :(

Yes, but I am also stupid... Long story... ;(

Anyway, that option is out. I tried!

• Yes, but I am also stupid... Long story...

Anyway, that option is out. I tried!

well, crap- sorry about that........... any of my buyers even snivel- and it is almost automatic refund........... even when the snivel is false....... there are some real scammers out there...... but they can ruin a good seller X(

• @Joker256, I'm pretty sure that's a 2016.5. I got one shortly after they started releasing them. If I'm not mistaken, the 2016 had red and black seats. I can't speak for all 2016.5 Slings out there, but mine has been great overall, and I'm very happy with it.

@FixMyToysZach, I'm planning to buy an extended warranty also. I thought I'd wait until about this time next year, maybe 30-60 days before mine expires. I bought it May 22nd of 2016. My only thought of holding off is that I'm driving the wheels off this thing and something could happen between now and then that could change my need for it. Would that make it any more difficult to get, as long as I'm still well before the warranted period is up?

• agree with @Goats_Hogs

Mine is a 2016.5 as well and they also didn't paint the headrest trim under the hoop. The 2016.5's are black.
    I have had a lot better experience with it than my first one.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @Ruptured Duck and @Joker256, the one thing that is exclusive to the 2016.5 that the others don't have, is the metal support pad under the driver's side panel that WILL spider crack the paint from the inside pressure and/or vibration. Polaris knows of this, and will cover it on warr. Some dealers have said they won't, but mine has been replaced by Polaris. Trouble is, the dealer didn't do anything to the pad below. My new one is doing the same thing. I'll change it out with another dealer but likely will wait until next spring unless it gets looking really bad. I just got my SLR vinyls on, hate not to run them for awhile.

• @Joker256, I'm pretty sure that's a 2016.5. I got one shortly after they started releasing them. If I'm not mistaken, the 2016 had red and black seats. I can't speak for all 2016.5 Slings out there, but mine has been great overall, and I'm very happy with it.

@FixMyToysZach, I'm planning to buy an extended warranty also. I thought I'd wait until about this time next year, maybe 30-60 days before mine expires. I bought it May 22nd of 2016. My only thought of holding off is that I'm driving the wheels off this thing and something could happen between now and then that could change my need for it. Would that make it any more difficult to get, as long as I'm still well before the warranted period is up?

@Goats_Hogs, You are able to purchase anytime before it is up. I suggest not waiting until the last few days but other than that you are okay with waiting.

• @FixMyToysZach, if I get you my VIN, can you give me a price? I don't know what all is covered, or how much the warr is. The dealer I bought from has overpriced about everything, and can't fix anything without messing something up. Never going back to them. I'll be using a dealer out of Indy from now on, but have yet to have any work done by them.

• @FixMyToysZach, if I get you my VIN, can you give me a price? I don't know what all is covered, or how much the warr is. The dealer I bought from has overpriced about everything, and can't fix anything without messing something up. Never going back to them. I'll be using a dealer out of Indy from now on, but have yet to have any work done by them.

Certainly, I would be happy to get you a quote. Email me at Zach@fixmytoys.com with your VIN and I will shoot you back some more info on what is covered in each plan, Total & Power Warranty. We always offer 25% off retail price. If you are looking to make a drive, we aren't too far from you.. Richmond, MI .

• @Ruptured Duck and @Joker256, the one thing that is exclusive to the 2016.5 that the others don't have, is the metal support pad under the driver's side panel that WILL spider crack the paint from the inside pressure and/or vibration. Polaris knows of this, and will cover it on warr. Some dealers have said they won't, but mine has been replaced by Polaris. Trouble is, the dealer didn't do anything to the pad below. My new one is doing the same thing. I'll change it out with another dealer but likely will wait until next spring unless it gets looking really bad. I just got my SLR vinyls on, hate not to run them for awhile.

I have two panels already covered under warranty. Just need to get it up to the other dealer. I wanted to build my own support rather than trust Polaris's version of a fix.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: