• Have 20/22 that I got from Roaring Toyz. Have 245/35/20 front and 305/25/22 rear. Tires are Delente D7. Got about 3,000 mi.+ on them now. Had never heard of them but they have been alright so far. Not a speed demon anymore but have run Dragon, Rattler, Devil's Triangle, and most of the other roads here in E. TN and W. NC + Ky and have had no issues with them so far. Running 34/40 on air pressure. Rain shower once, just slowed down, no problem.

There are a lot of 20/22 packages, but I like the big look of 22's up front..

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• My $0.02 is that tires are the only thing in contact with the road and make a HUGE difference in handling (turn-in, grip) and comfort (ride quality, which at 20 or 22 inches doesn't leave much sidewall). That's for a normal 4 wheel car. On a bike, with only 2 wheels, I'd always buy top dollar tires since, well, there were only 2 wheels. I think the Slingshot is right in the middle. I.E. find out how much more it would be to get something decent. Especially in the rain. There isn't much savings when you're using it on insurance deductibles. OK, getting off the soap box...

• My $0.02 is that tires are the only thing in contact with the road and make a HUGE difference in handling (turn-in, grip) and comfort (ride quality, which at 20 or 22 inches doesn't leave much sidewall). That's for a normal 4 wheel car. On a bike, with only 2 wheels, I'd always buy top dollar tires since, well, there were only 2 wheels. I think the Slingshot is right in the middle. I.E. find out how much more it would be to get something decent. Especially in the rain. There isn't much savings when you're using it on insurance deductibles. OK, getting off the soap box...

My bikes have always been low profile, big rims. It's more of a look for me. I get your point, but I like the Look of the big rim low profile Tiahs. I don't ride in rain so that's not a concern. I get your point though.....

• My bikes have always been low profile, big rims. It's more of a look for me. I get your point, but I like the Look of the big rim low profile Tiahs. I don't ride in rain so that's not a concern. I get your point though.....

WTH is a Tiah?! :00008084::00008356:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Not many 305/22 tires out there that I can find.. A few more options in 295/22. Toyo Proxy 4 come in 305 and looks good. Think Rab is running that tire? I like the look and so far has worked OK for me. Speedo off about 5-7 mph (slow).

• That was the ones I had picked out, if I had the MONEY. I Like

• Jay, you couldn't have worn out your tires and wheels already have you? I thought you would have gotten a LOT more than 500 miles out of a set of them

Phil, they were stock SL rims & tires , they don't last long, Need new ones hit 600 miles :00008172:

• I know all about that Jay. Mine must have been defective from the manufacturer. Ever since the turbo was installed, I get this high pitched sqealing and smoke coming from the rear tire and it wears out faster than the front ones. 14,000 miles so far and I'm on the 4th rear tire. Not sure how I'm going to make a 12,000 mile slingshot across America run this summer without stopping once for an oil change and twice for a rear tire. Good thing the wheels are ok or I'd be in real deep dodo

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• There are a lot of 20/22 packages, but I like the big look of 22's up front..

Was working with Roaring Toys on my 20/22 package until they informed of the brand/style of tires. Reviews for Delente on passenger cars are OK, but on performance vehicles they are bad.
    I found the rims they were selling elsewhere and searched for tires that fit better and were a performance type. Had a local shop mount and balance them. Cost me only $110 dollars more than what RR was asking, but I got Pirelli P Zero GT tires in 275/30/20 fronts and a 315/25/22 rear.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

Edited 2 times, last by WraithSS ().

• @WraithSS, can you show a picture of your wheels and tires, especially the rear (from the side and from the rear). Sorry if I'm asking too much.

@WraithSS, can you show a picture of your wheels and tires, especially the rear (from the side and from the rear). Sorry if I'm asking too much.

Let me see if I can find one from the rear...Please forgive the falling side wall letters. Was just test fitting them.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Thanks! And for the quick reply! So it's a 315/25/22, not a 315/25/20 tire, correct?

I'm currently on Nitto NT555 on Motegi Wheels (Cycle Springs Wheel/Tire combo), and less than impressed with their rear grip. Will be upgrading to wider tires, especially in the rear, and it appears to be best to find great, sticky tires from well known brands first, then the wheels that accommodate the size you want. Pirelli P Zero would definitely fit the bill.

• You guys may want to check with Envy motorsports for rims/tires. DJ at envy give him a call usually beats everyones prices. Compared a set Roaring Toyz wheel/tire package to his (same except was adding painted barrels and other small areas to be painted) price was still $50 less than RR. But go with the go you feel more comfortable with. Price is not always the bottom line.