Pros and Cons

• Im 16 And ive been working my ass off with 3 jobs for the last 2 years to afford it so i dont have any experience with cars. For mods, is it stuff any old person can figure out how to install or does polaris install it for you? Have you ever drove this on the highway or long distance? Sorry just want to be sure I apologize for all the questions

Driven mine to Canada. About 1200 miles one way.

• @Skapoor There's so many things you could change and not to much experience is needed. Your young you should know the internet has so many things it provides. And also the aftermarket companies are kind enough to make install videos. And also great customer service.that's a big purchase for a guy your age I hope that you enjoy it , you won't regret it every day I drive my sling I catch my self smiling at one point on my ride . And long distance rides are no isssues . I did a 5000 mile. Round trip from Boston to Avon Colorado,last Summer with the wife . But my sling was already very well modified and the aftermarket seats are a must on long distance. Polaris doesn't offer much for accessories and mods . Check out slingmods.com and Slingshotonly.com, alphapowersports.com and ddmworks.com, there's a couple others out there but those are the major 4 we on the forums tend to use. You can Get an idea of what type of things you could get into or not get into.

• Well sir even a young person can install mods - I am old now but started working go carts when I was 12.yes we drive them on the highway for long distances. It drives very much like a car. You should be very proud of yourself working so hard to get something you want. When you get one this is the place to come for help of with questions.

any suggestion on what to modify? So pretty much im just going to get the polaris for 20k the base one, what should i buy to upgrade

• Im 16 And ive been working my ass off with 3 jobs for the last 2 years to afford it so i dont have any experience with cars. For mods, is it stuff any old person can figure out how to install or does polaris install it for you? Have you ever drove this on the highway or long distance? Sorry just want to be sure I apologize for all the questions

You should be able to install most any mod you can afford. Especially with the wise people on this forum. Problem is you'll have to work a bunch more to buy all the Mods you'll be wanting. It is a hobby for sure.

• any suggestion on what to modify? So pretty much im just going to get the polaris for 20k the base one, what should i buy to upgrade

Well if you get a base most likely the first 2 things you will want is a windshield (3 - screw and a support post less than an hour to install)
    Then most likely a stereo. That would have you driving and happy.

If you go to the section for Members Builds you can see what a lot of us here have done.

We are always here to help. Not sure where you live but sometimes groups of us get together to help each other wrench on mods.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I live in marlboro Nj

Grab it and drive it. Get a feel for the vehicle. Decide down the road what you're going to do with it. There's plenty of easy engine mods that are fun as hell and give the sling a nice naturally aspirated boost. The other cool thing is how easily you'll be able to sell off aftermarket parts. I also have an f4 +3 windshield i'd be happy to help you out with. I live in williamsburg Virginia, though.

Just get out there and work on it yourself as far as the mods. Warranty for the rest, if you have any problems. I rebuilt my 2 stroke top end when I was 16. At the time I had never seen one tore apart. Just jump in a do it, now you have the internet to even show you pictures on how to do it. Have fun and ride safe when you get something.

• Even if you left it bone stock, you'll love it. One warning though, as hard as you try, you will not be able to leave it stock. Sad, I know, but true. And another thing that is very true. If you have any question/problems, just ask here. In ten minutes you'll have at least half a dozen responses.

• At 16 I'm going to guess his insurance will be like $400 a month.

On a second note props to you for working your butt off to buy something you want..
    BUT I would suggest you get more driving time under your belt before you get one. You don't have much driving experience and with one wheel in that back it's easy to try and over correct it if you don't know what your doing.