I'm glad I have health insurance but I have a question for yall....

• Boy - did you open up a can of worms there - MEDICINE!! Wonder why pharmaceutical companies have a powerful lobby in Washington DC - again the consumer gets screwed!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @FunCycle unfortunately that tells me more than you can imagine.. That tells me he is not participating in the MANDATORY "meaningful use" government program. He cant escape it if he continues practices medicine. However some Dr.s that are close to retirement have chosen to take the stacked annual penalties and just practice and take the reduction in reimbursement. Each year that a Dr.s fails to comply and start using a certified EHR (Electronic Healthcare Record) system he has to take a cut in his reimbursement.. It just the governments way of screwing him and being BIG BROTHER.

Take advantage of your deal as long as you can... Its a good one I will admit. But as time goes on he will either comply or be forced out of business.

Meaningful Use is the worst bunch of useless shit we have ever had to deal with . I say "we" because I'm the guy that has to make sure all the data is secure and that my clinics are in compliance. It slows down a clinic so bad that they can barely function. And on top of the slowdown you now have the Government getting constant reports on how many people you see and what services were rendered. They say they cant see exactly what you had performed but it doesn't take a scientist to put together a report.

The doctor is in his mid forties. One thing I have learned with my problems 3 years ago and dealing with Brenda's current problem is to get a copy of everything.

• Boy - did you open up a can of worms there - MEDICINE!! Wonder why pharmaceutical companies have a powerful lobby in Washington DC - again the consumer gets screwed!!

Yeah what is the narcan example 10 years ago it was $8 now it's over $40 with no changes to packaging or delivery

sent from my FAST red slingshot

• The problem here is all of the doctors work for the hospital system. So if you are having a problem with a doctor you not only have to change doctors, you have to change the hospital system. Through all of these problems I have found out that you do not like what is going on you need to move to another system. If you cannot get a visit/appt. with the doctors that you need to see you just go to the ER of another system and you will have brand new doctors which is what happened to me. Three years ago if I had stayed with these doctors in Georgetown I would have never made it to SSITS15. I would have been dead.

• It was all the time you were spending at DDM! I did not know that they had a super secret turbo!

The water up there is even fast......

Seriously,,,, its like going to a speed factory... Each time I go they have more cool stuff to put on my slingshot.

They have pizza and cinnamon rolls and the local Best Western even has a special rate for their customers.

Everyone that has been there will tell you its the best place to go to find some really cool stuff.

@Dave@DDMWorks has got it going on for sure.

@Jeff@DDMWorks has got the shop floor held down also... Not much gets by either of them....

• @rabtech I feel your pain.
    In December i tripped over my late fathers brown lazy assed dog laying on the brown carpet in my dark assed bedroom and fell on my shoulder and arms.
    Heard a very loud "POP" in my shoulder followed by pain, followed by loud cursing.
    Trip to a emergency clinic couple days later due to pain and soreness.
    They took X-rays, since it was end of 2016 and deductible was met, my part was $75.
    They said x-rays didn't show enough, so they sent me to get a CT scan.
    New year by then, so deductible not met. Thanks to Obamacare my deductible went from $2000 to $7000 and monthly payments tripled. Soooooo
    My part of CT was $350.
    Dr said no bones broken, now we need a MRI to see the muscles to see if rotator cuff was torn or damaged.
    Just had the MRI last week, deductible not met yet so my part was $650.
    Yep, torn ligaments, multiple muscles, but want to try physical therapy first to see if they can get away with no surgery.
    So, since deductible STILL not met, therapy will cost me $50 per visit, 3 times a freaking week.

That freaking dog better not get sick the rest of his life, he has already used up his lifetime supply of money.

All he has left is a few .556 "pain relievers" :evil:

And if i have to have surgery, he may need them :00008172:
    So, there goes any hopes of starting mods, I guess I will continue to have the only bone stock, low mileage 2015 SS on this forum. :00007505:

• Dam!
    I sure am glad that I live in the UK. If you check out my recent thread, you will see I have been very ill for the last year. We have a system that we call "National Health Insurance" Every person working contributes a portion of their salary to it and every person in the UK has totaly FREE Health care when they need it. (You can have additional insurance if you want shorter waiting times, for non urgent work and a softer bed, in a posh room. But the doctor's tend to be the very same people). The important part of it all is the "when you need it" comment. You never have to worry if you are headding into hospital A&E, in an ambulance. They don't care if you are a king or a tramp, you get the care you need. (Not always the best care but you do get it).

I would have gone bankrupt by now, if I lived in the US with all the problems that I have recently had.

UK_Paul's - Slingshot Build & Other Adventures -

All the best, from UK_Paul