SLINGSHOTS IN THE ROCKIES,July12-16

• I am thinking about it, will have to wait and see and it WILL BE A SlingShot Ride if it happens. Wife has already said no, she will not be going. So maybe someone else from the east coast area and we could ride out and back together with the SlingShot's. OK, just to be nice even if you are going to trailer your SS. I will make exceptions just to go along with someone else. Is anyone planning on the trip? If so I will work extra hard to try and do this.

OK!!! @Bubblehead what do you think about this?

• Thank

• Hey, quick question.... Is there a group ride sign up somewhere that I have perhaps missed, or is it just not ready to go yet?

Just want to ensure I don't miss out.

I haven't looked at the Site yet to register. But last year I think we all pretty much signed up for group rides when we showed up to pick up our packets.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Hey, quick question.... Is there a group ride sign up somewhere that I have perhaps missed, or is it just not ready to go yet?

Just want to ensure I don't miss out.

Group rides have not yet been setup for SSITR.
    This year we have the Police Controlled Hillclimb and the AutoCross.The Hill Climb is limited to 70 Slingshots.The first 70 that register get to do it.28 registrations in so far.
    Group rides for this event will be selected at checkin.Its only SSITS we prebook them due to the large numbers of Slingshots that participate.

• Booked hotel yesterday, still rooms left at group rate of $99.00. That seems to be a deal for the area. I looked at Airbnb and wasn't impressed with the rates. We are going to stay in Moab, Monday and Tuesday night, and hit the three or four national parks in that area then will arrive sometime on Wednesday in Avon. Gonna be a great time!

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Booked hotel yesterday, still rooms left at group rate of $99.00. That seems to be a deal for the area. I looked at Airbnb and wasn't impressed with the rates. We are going to stay in Moab, Monday and Tuesday night, and hit the three or four national parks in that area then will arrive sometime on Wednesday in Avon. Gonna be a great time!

That sounds like our plan also, going to do Arches and Glen canyon then up to vail for the event

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• Just booked room at Comfort Inn in Vail Beaver Creek - girl said they are booking up fast - don't procrastinate on this one guys or you will be sleeping under a bridge :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Group rides have not yet been setup for SSITR.This year we have the Police Controlled Hillclimb and the AutoCross.The Hill Climb is limited to 70 Slingshots.The first 70 that register get to do it.28 registrations in so far.
    Group rides for this event will be selected at checkin.Its only SSITS we prebook them due to the large numbers of Slingshots that participate.

So the hill climb, it's a timed run? It seems like a blast, and the road looks very entertaining. However, I was kinda lead to believe that was more for the boosted crowd than us n/a pokey joes.

• So the hill climb, it's a timed run? It seems like a blast, and the road looks very entertaining. However, I was kinda lead to believe that was more for the boosted crowd than us n/a pokey joes.

whatever you have been lead to believe here is the exact facts.The Hill Climb has been setup for the attendees of SSITR only.It is NOT for the public.
    It is a great road which has taken 4 months and a lot of fees to get permission by the town &police to get this road shut down from 10am until 3pm.
    There will be timekeepers,police controlling it and prizes.The permit issued is for 70Slingshots.That is it.The first 70 registered will get to participate.After that a waitlist.If any drop out then the next on the waitlist gets to play.Its a great Rd a few of us got to test out last Sept.
    There are no restrictions of numbers for the Police track Autocross.This again is for Slingshots only.Not the public.

• So the hill climb, it's a timed run? It seems like a blast, and the road looks very entertaining. However, I was kinda lead to believe that was more for the boosted crowd than us n/a pokey joes.

I'm thinking it would just be fun to drive the road with no one else on it - pokey or not!

Hill climbs are interesting cause it's Power and Control...The easy part is getting the power...the hard part is learning how to control it. lol

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I just want to know if you can keep up with her! Love the "on your left".

Believe me.....no one can keep up with her!!!! Those that have tried just end up on the side of the road, curled up in the fetal position, crying like newborn babies!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I'm thinking it would just be fun to drive the road with no one else on it - pokey or not!

This is my thought as well. If it is open to slingshot owners, and the emphasis is not solely geared to those doing the Hill Climb as a timed event, then yeah, I am seriously thinking of signing up.

But if it is meant for those who want to push their machine and challenge their driving skill, then those of us who want to take a leisurely ride up the road should take a back seat until the road is opened back to the public.

That's my way of looking at it anyway.

But, if this is a one time deal to allow us to travel this road, then I want to take advantage of that and get on it.