We're giving away a Slingshot and Need Suggestions on how to do it...

• the company I work for did a similar giveaway at the SEMA show three years ago.
    My suggestion would be to have keys made (40) but only one of the keys cranks it. 39 almost correct keys 1 that works.

Make sure you make extra dummy keys and triple check that they do not work. You do not want to have two that work.
    39 confirmed non-working keys and the one working key are place the in a bag and have the 40 people pull blind.

This is a good idea. But make sure no one sees the working key.

I was a participant in one like this, giving away a car. They made a big production over showing the working key going into a jar. They held it up for everyone to see. They were also multi colored keys with swirl patterns on them. One guy ran out of the crowd up to the stage to get a close look at the key. Wouldn't you know it, he was about the 10th person called to draw and he picked a key, looked at it and threw it back and picked another. Same thing with that one. Finally, he looked in the jar and picked a key out, tried it. Guess what, he drove home in a new Mustang that day. He said he looked at the swirl pattern and the pattern of the cut and new the first two he picked were wrong and since they didn't stop him, he kept looking for the right one. Everyone cried fowl, but what are ya gonna do?

Just make sure it is a blind draw and only one chance to draw.

• 4. However we do it, there has to be a clear and undisputed winner, I have nightmares thinking about doing this and ending up in a lawsuit because multiple people thought they won.

This was going to be my thought exactly. You could purchase actual Slingshot keys for the extra 39, or go to Ebay for a cheaper option so that all keys look exactly the same, except for the cut of course.

Have one proper key, (ensure it works prior) then throw them into a large bin and have people pick the key out of the bin. You can have them pick in the order they were selected.

Gather your contestants from the call in for the big day. For a "random effect" utilize something like a Bingo tumbler. For every contestant, build the drama by turning the tumbler. Have people reach in blind and select one key. This way there is legit drama to each and every contestant. The excitement will build higher and higher until someone's key actually works.

Then........ :SUNSETSS: WINNER!!!!!!!

• This was going to be my thought exactly. You could purchase actual Slingshot keys for the extra 39, or go to Ebay for a cheaper option so that all keys look exactly the same, except for the cut of course.
    Have one proper key, (ensure it works prior) then throw them into a large bin and have people pick the key out of the bin. You can have them pick in the order they were selected.

Gather your contestants from the call in for the big day. For a "random effect" utilize something like a Bingo tumbler. For every contestant, build the drama by turning the tumbler. Have people reach in blind and select one key. This way there is legit drama to each and every contestant. The excitement will build higher and higher until someone's key actually works.

Then........ :SUNSETSS: WINNER!!!!!!!

The key idea satisfies not having anything disputed really well. The two issues I see or think are if the first person wins or even the 5th person it's extremely anti-climatic. The other is that I feel a lot of similar giveaways like this have done it and it's not the most original. That being said, it's an excellent fall back in the event we couldn't come up with something better.

I think point I think I have read about every radio contest that happened in the last 10 years trying to get ideas lol.

• How about something along the lines of a “short straw”, dividing the 40 people into Groups, then having “Rounds” like boxing rounds. Ding Ding!

Round 1

Divide the 40 people into 8 groups of 5 people.Each Group draw straws – short one wins that groups round and is eligible for Round 2.You can have the 8 Groups draw all at once or stagger the Group drawings.You now have 8 people ready for Round 2.Divide them into 4 Groups of 2 people.

Round 2

Like Round 1, each Group draw straws – short one wins that groups round and is eligible for the Final Round.You can have the 4 Groups draw all at once or stagger the Group drawings.Now, you can go to a Round 3 of 2 Groups with 2 people each OR go to the Final Round with 1 Group of 4 people.

Round 3

If you went with the Round 2 winners divided into 2 Groups of 2 people each, short stick in each Group goes to the Final Round.

Final Round

Here we go! Short straw wins it all!

• I like this concept... at one point i had thought of a massive coin flip tournament bracket style like the ncaa tourney. Your concept works somewhat similar to that. perhaps something more interesting or exciting than coin flips or drawing straws?

• So, our local church does an annual car raffle and each entry gets a unique number... Drawing is held at an annual dinner that's included with the purchase of their entry, and it basically becomes a last man standing type drawing. We have smaller events or activities between each group of drawings In your case, since you'll only have 40 or so finalists, this should go pretty quick. So:

Start with 40
    knock off the first 10
    have some event or some smaller give away (to kill some time)
    knock off another 10
    event or some smaller giveaway
    knock off another 10
    event....
    Knock off another 5
    for the last 5 knock these off 1 at a time with something in between each.
    We've had people bid on people's remaining #'s. Don't know the legalities of that for you, but you get the idea. You can make it as fast or as slow as you want it and the entire process builds up until there's only one standing.... there's your winner.

• The key idea satisfies not having anything disputed really well. The two issues I see or think are if the first person wins or even the 5th person it's extremely anti-climatic. The other is that I feel a lot of similar giveaways like this have done it and it's not the most original. That being said, it's an excellent fall back in the event we couldn't come up with something better.

I think point I think I have read about every radio contest that happened in the last 10 years trying to get ideas lol.

ok... Then make it a tiered draw.
    (1) round of 40keys randomly selected by the contestants are used open a box. Only X number will open the box that have another selection of keys that they pick.
    (2) next round allows the first level of keys to open another box. Same prosses, only X keys will open this box and maybe it has 3-4 SlingShot keys.

This will allow you to take it a long way b before getting the the real keys. Solved the anticamatic aspect but does increase the cost of keys.
    Regardless the person should not be able to see the keys after it has been shown to crank the SS and placed wherever it will be picked from. An unrelated or associated person should be the one that places the key in the place to be extracted....Maybe the local police or fire department.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• "I like this concept... at one point i had thought of a massive coin flip tournament bracket style like the ncaa tourney. Your concept works somewhat similar to that. perhaps something more interesting or exciting than coin flips or drawing straws?"

Ok, then same concept but use "Door Prizes" instead. Each can grab a closed bag, each bag contains a "prize" (Ball Equipment T-Shirt or something like that) however, one bag, in addition to the "prize" ALSO contains a "green ticket" which allows that person to go to the next Round.

The next Round's "Door Prize" is higher in value, yet only ONE contains a "red ticket" to go to the next round.

You get the idea....

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84

• The key idea satisfies not having anything disputed really well. The two issues I see or think are if the first person wins or even the 5th person it's extremely anti-climatic. The other is that I feel a lot of similar giveaways like this have done it and it's not the most original. That being said, it's an excellent fall back in the event we couldn't come up with something better.

Well then, another twist to the drama is this....

Use the "round" idea.

Round 1: 40 people are entered. 30 dummy keys with 10 real keys in the drum.
    The 10 people who select a key that starts the Sling move on to the next round. (Odds are 1 in 4) You could even advertise the odds of "starting" not winning

Round 2: 10 finalists. 9 dummy keys with only 1 winning key. (Odds are 1 in 10)
    :SUNSETSS:

One caveat for this one..... As a safety precaution, have a different set of keys for Round 2. Try generic keys for Round 1 and actual Polaris keys for Round 2. This will prevent issues of people trying to memorize a feature on a winning key from the round prior.

This way, all 40 people get to participate at least once, with the dramatic effect building for Round 2.

Hell, I want to come down there and attempt to win this, lol. Do you stream you radio station online? lol
    :ORANGESS::SILVERSS::REDSS::BLUESS::WHITESS::BLACKSS::SLRSS::GRAYSS::SUNSETSS:

• Just realized an important piece of information, indoor trade show...i'm pretty sure no running engines due to exhaust and safety. Someone pops the clutch and takes out 5 spectators and i get the wrong kind of media attention.

• Than make a vrrrroooommm box - a faux engine sound that operates with a key, powered by batteries? If the key turns.......

• Just realized an important piece of information, indoor trade show...i'm pretty sure no running engines due to exhaust and safety. Someone pops the clutch and takes out 5 spectators and i get the wrong kind of media attention.

remove the shift knob. Have it in neutral e-brake pulled.. No way for it to go anywhere

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• RD - I suspect they are prohibited from having any engines running due to the fumes.

Though they could maybe disconnect something that it wouldn't actually start, just turn over. IF that's permissible.

• There is an organization in my home town that raffles off a new corvette every year.
    All of the chances (tickets) are put into a tumbler and they draw one out at a time and write the number and name on a chalkboard. They usually give out swag as the number of chances left gets lower. The last one to be drawn out wins the Vette. I've seen it get down to three or four maybe it was five tickets left and guys start selling their chances... something is better than nothing right? I was in the last 50 one time won a little money and donated it back, it's a good cause. :thumbup:

• Haha some great suggestions guys...

I don't have much in terms of actual ideas for competition, however I came up with "King of the Sling" as a catchy promo name... need some king of the hill style contest to go with it.

SOunds good, but playing Devil's advocate, wouldn't that name maybe turn off some women that want to try. js gotta watch how you word something that's going to be LIVE

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'