DDMWorks Christmas Vacation.

• Your going to want to keep the power down at around 400hp. Anything more than that for daily driving is just asking for somthing bad to happen. It's ok to turn them up occasionally. But for everyday use it is a handful. You will be constantly worrying about pulling out in front of somebody and the tire breaking loose. You have to feather the gas like your trying not to spill a glass of water.. And the biggest problem is passing people. You have to get in the other lane and then apply the gas. If you don't and you just get in the gas when your moving to the passing Lane it will almost always break the rear loose and twitch sideways. And even when you carefully get into the passing lane you still have to be careful of it breaking loose.

And another issue that comes up is the traction control... if it's turning back the timing or fuel when it detects wheel spin then your not gaining ground. So when you pass someone and the traction control detects spin you end up trying to feather the gas to get around them..

I know it sounds like I am complaining about having to much power. That's because when it's turned up to 16 or 17 psi I do have to much for street use..

Basically you want to run it at 350 to 400hp daily. If you are wanting to see what she can do then you would want to open the tap and let it go..

• Some excellent input as always Rab. I wish there was a way to have gear specific boost levels without doing an expensive stand alone ecu so 4th gear could could boost high but 3rd would around 12psi, 2nd at 9psi and so on... This power will definitely bring driving skill to a whole new level though and reading your posts is very helpful in gaining some sort of knowledge as to what to expect without physically being in the drivers seat. Power is tremendous... but what about the upgraded clutch? Does @Jeff@DDMWorks have another clutch option that doesn't engage so abruptly for a smoother driving experience but also holds strong at high hp?

I always ride safe sometimes!

Toys in the Sand Box:
    2016 400hp Alpha Turbo Sling
    2016 BMW s1000rr - Austin Racing
    2015 AR 240 Jet Boat 4,000watt Stereo
    2002 CBR 954
    2003 CRF 450

• Did you ever notice the guys with all the big HP always tell us to be conservative.
    Actually it is very good advise - Currently I have more power than I can use as a daily driver..

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Some excellent input as always Rab. I wish there was a way to have gear specific boost levels without doing an expensive stand alone ecu so 4th gear could could boost high but 3rd would around 12psi, 2nd at 9psi and so on... This power will definitely bring driving skill to a whole new level though and reading your posts is very helpful in gaining some sort of knowledge as to what to expect without physically being in the drivers seat. Power is tremendous... but what about the upgraded clutch? Does @Jeff@DDMWorks have another clutch option that doesn't engage so abruptly for a smoother driving experience but also holds strong at high hp?

Yes these things can be a handful at the higher power levels especially if not set up properly with some good suspension, BRAKES, and tires. Lol

We have talked about some different clutch options but have not had a chance to get them in and test them yet.

Here after the first of the year Dave and I will have to get some options set up for testing.
    January is already shaping up to be a crazy month and looking like a crazy year for us here at DDMWorks so hopefully we will have time to do some tests like this.

As always we will keep you guys up to date with the latest in DDMWorks goodies.

Jeff Mellor
    DDMWorks
    119A Highway 183
    Piedmont, SC 29673
    Orders - 864-438-4949
    Tech Support - 864-907-6004
    www.DDMWorks.com

• Awesome... thank you for the quick response @Jeff@DDMWorks. I sent you and Dave an e-mail yesterday pls get back to me when you guys have some down time. (Eric from Boston). Hey @jluna317 some good info for us in these past few threads.

I always ride safe sometimes!

Toys in the Sand Box:
    2016 400hp Alpha Turbo Sling
    2016 BMW s1000rr - Austin Racing
    2015 AR 240 Jet Boat 4,000watt Stereo
    2002 CBR 954
    2003 CRF 450

• @sideseatdriver, did you read this? @rabtech says we need to increase power to the 350-400 band.

I should install one of my turbos on yours and let you get used to it for about a month. Then come take it back off and let you drive it around the block.

Can you say "Honey the kids don't really have to go to college do they"?

• I should install one of my turbos on yours and let you get used to it for about a month. Then come take it back off and let you drive it around the block.
    Can you say "Honey the kids don't really have to go to college do they"?

First, I love that you say "one of my turbos."

Second, based on my style of driving, I think I'm better suited for a SC, but I'd have to do more research to be able to make that decision.

Third, we're not paying for college. They're getting my GI Bill and whatever is already in the 529. So, that ain't gonna make me feel guilty at all. Having to make the decision between Slingshot mods and ammunition, now that might be a different story. :HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::ROTORSS::TURBOSS: