Hood Latch --Buttons

• I'm not sure I'm understanding the subframe issue..There's very little info as to where the originals mounted...the one pic that shows it seem to be just to the outside of the current rubber posts. Aren't the current rubber posts mounted to the frame?? Also, I've got the Anibel fenders which I have rubber cushions between the stock flapping SS fenders and those. I think if I mount the Cycle Springs way that I will compress the stock fenders to the Anibels. Any thoughts on that?

• I'm not sure I'm understanding the subframe issue..There's very little info as to where the originals mounted...the one pic that shows it seem to be just to the outside of the current rubber posts. Aren't the current rubber posts mounted to the frame?? Also, I've got the Anibel fenders which I have rubber cushions between the stock flapping SS fenders and those. I think if I mount the Cycle Springs way that I will compress the stock fenders to the Anibels. Any thoughts on that?

The subframe that others and myself are referencing is the frame in which the hood and fenders are mounted that makes up the entire hood that you open. The fender bumpers(or rubber posts) are mounted to frame which supports the headlights. I have no idea whether Cycle Springs method will stand the test of time, it also still has a lot of flex as shown in the video.

I am not going to tell you not to install them, you can see for yourself that they work as shown. If you do the install, you own it. I would not do my installs if I thought it would create problems miles down the road and for that reason is why I would not install it myself. I do know the fenders are expensive to replace. Improper support of the plastic skins of these SlingShots have shown up in cracked hoods and side wings which Polaris has warranty replacement on most. Polaris most likely will not cover any damages from this mod.

• These pictures show the location and position of my installation. The holes are drilled in the fenders first and then the alignment for the pins are located. Since the frames are slightly different on every SlingShot the location of the pins differ on each. The buttons on the fenders will always be symmetrical because they are located first.

• For those of you who have not had the opportunity to see @mnirons Slingshot, you are missing something special. The modifications he has done throughout with the fit and finish of the paint is one of the best. The attention to detail on his sling is the reason I trust his judgement. He has engineered every change he has accomplished.

• For those of you who have not had the opportunity to see @mnirons Slingshot, you are missing something special. The modifications he has done throughout with the fit and finish of the paint is one of the best. The attention to detail on his sling is the reason I trust his judgement. He has engineered every change he has accomplished.

Thanks! That is a huge compliment! I have some projects in the works, a couple more one off.

• Hey guys - I have been in touch with Noel pointing out some of the concerns raised here about Cycle Springs new hood buttons. Noel sent this to me and I am sharing it with you so you can make up your own mind. I think Phil & Noel both have a wonderful product they have developed.
    He also sent me a video but the file is to big to post. Explaining as best I can with my limited knowledge on this subject all the wind at high speed wants to lift up the hood. These pictures show how strong the fenders are. Fernando weighs 180 lbs and is swinging on the fender with a rope pushed thru a hole knotted on the other side. According to Noel both buttons accomplish the same thing except his is easier to install. Phil and Noel are both great guys - make up your own mind what is best for you. Just call me Switzerland
    :)

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Edited once, last by Bill Martin ().

• Hey guys - I have been in touch with Noel pointing out some of the concerns raised here about Cycle Springs new hood buttons. Noel sent this to me and I am sharing it with you so you can make up your own mind. I think Phil & Noel both have a wonderful product they have developed.
    He also sent me a video but the file is to big to post. Explaining as best I can with my limited knowledge on this subject all the wind at high speed wants to lift up the hood. These pictures show how strong the fenders are. Fernando weighs 180 lbs and is swinging on the fender with a rope pushed thru a hole knotted on the other side. According to Noel both buttons accomplish the same thing except his is easier to install. Phil and Noel are both great guys - make up your own mind what is best for you. Just call me Switzerland
    :)

I did not know Fernando was a swinger!

• Slingshot Only and I believe Phil use the same buttons.
    The amount of hood play would be the same in both Applications
    The button only has so much movement and the hood doesn't move.

Yes, Noel, the buttons are the same product. You have shown confidence in your install, which is great. The differences are in the install, I cannot simplify my method like Slingshot Only nor will I try. One thing that wins out in the DIY world is if you make it simple, it sells. I hold no animosities.