Hood Latch --Buttons

• Holy Crap!! @Noel Hughes you make that look so easy - as I watched the video you couldn't drive a 10 penny nail in my butt with a 12 pound sledge - and it ain't even in my paint!! @MiM - already committed to @mniron if he goes to Kerrville but I AIN'T drilling my paint myself - my heart couldn't take it

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Ok, I will chime in on the SlingShotOnly release of Hood Latches. I think Noel and the crew do a great job bringing SlingShot accessories to the masses. I buy from them too, in fact, I have an order in with them right now.

The buttons are indeed the same as what I have been installing. Noel's video does make it look very easy because simply, it is. It is easy because the method is easy and I give them credit for that. My installation is substantially different and has been improved in the past year from miles of use, this is the main reason I did not rush to put out kits. My installs have been the proving ground, mine being the first.

I will not compete in price with SlingShotOnly. I would not even be able to compete in an installation price because it simply takes more time to install my method. Would I install using the SlingShotOnly method? Answer; No, not on mine and for that reason, not anyone's. It is in fact the first method I looked at doing to my own and could not bring myself to drill the holes in my fenders.

The major difference between the two installs comes down to strength, reliability and stability. SlingShotOnly install is on the fender skin only. My method sandwiches the fender skin and the fender subframe together providing substantial more strength, also the fender bumper remains in place to provide support from excessive downward force.

For those that have my installs know the difference, for those that haven't seen them may now be a little more informed.

• Are you gonna go to Kerrville Phil?? I guess if you can't make it there I can catch you in Maggie Valley right?? Enquiring minds want to know :D

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Watching the video I immediately noticed the difference @mniron. I would be very worried about the flex that would be present without the subframe support in the button fastener.
    All the vibration, pulling up on fenders and opening/closing would lend itself to fracture. Sorry, but I would suggest waiting on your kit!

• Yes, I hopefully make both Rallies. I need to square away with Ivor yet.

My personal opinion (and I expressed it on the Dark Side) is that you should have complete freedom to sell and install YOUR idea with no fear of reprisal. You are not a business but an enthusiast with a great mind who has tested an idea and would not release it until you were satisfied it would meet our expectations.

@ivor should be open to owners willing to help other owners correct Polaris problems and this instance is more of a "Service" than a product and, let's face it, you had this a year ago!
    Anyone who uses this idea now should not affect you in your offer to share, sell or install YOUR idea.... period!

• @Painter
    Wouldn't continued flex up and down on the panel skin loosen it, warp it over time? That fender is going to try and fly with only the skin retaining it.
    @mniron
    After watching you install two sets in Eureka Springs and using your system, I would still only recommend your install.
    Thank you for such a great product that has been well thought out.

• @Painter
    Wouldn't continued flex up and down on the panel skin loosen it, warp it over time? That fender is going to try and fly with only the skin retaining it.
    @mniron
    After watching you install two sets in Eureka Springs and using your system, I would still only recommend your install.
    Thank you for such a great product that has been well thought out.

I'm not sure it would "loosen" the panel but the constant wind difference and pulling on little more than an inch on a piece of TPO that is only 1/8" thick .... well... bad things could happen.
    Sandwiching with the subframe creates the pull on the subframe and a fraction on the panel.
    The fender is supported by the subframe and when lifting occurs the subframe is lifting as well. So..... holding down the subframe with a button only attached to the fender skin is not a good idea IMO.

• I'm not sure it would "loosen" the panel but the constant wind difference and pulling on little more than an inch on a piece of TPO that is only 1/8" thick .... well... bad things could happen. Sandwiching with the subframe creates the pull on the subframe and a fraction on the panel.
    The fender is supported by the subframe and when lifting occurs the subframe is lifting as well. So..... holding down the subframe with a button only attached to the fender skin is not a good idea IMO.

That's what I was thinking. Will differently have @mniron install them on my better halves in Maggie. Please sign me up for one more install.