Christmas tree Help in Jacksonville, FL

• Just to keep everyone in the loop.
    This is the results of the first shopping spree. We still plan on more clothes and we did pick up a spiral sliced ham and a tree that is not in the pic.
    More to come.

Great Job - you and your Family are making all of us look good.

Now when you shop for my Christmas gifts it can all be done right here on this forum without leaving the house.
    I will have a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree next to my Slingshot so you have a place to put everything.

Just kidding - thank you for all the effort and time you have put into this.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I don't care if we never get another NEW member.

Well, then, stop inviting the Chinese terrorists!

:00008172:

@AllIn5450 and everyone who donated or helped organize, this really is a wonderful gift you're putting together for the family. This is what Christmas is supposed to be about, and we forget it all too often. Thanks for the reminder.

• Great Job - you and your Family are making all of us look good.
    Now when you shop for my Christmas gifts it can all be done right here on this forum without leaving the house.
    I will have a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree next to my Slingshot so you have a place to put everything.

Just kidding - thank you for all the effort and time you have put into this.

My Slingshot just wants to head to Florida for a couple of weeks in late Jan or Feb. And maybe a little gas money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @AllIn5450 what you and your family have done in aiding in this endeavor is just simply awesome.... we could not have done this without your willingness to go that extra step in helping your fellow man or woman in this case. It is people like yourself and all the others in this Forum and our extended Slingshot Family (those who have not yet discovered us here) that gives me pause to realize that there are still people that actually show compassion for others, friendship for all, a love for life and an unquestionable sense of caring. Thank you to everyone who has helped this family.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Please be careful on food items...... I have adopted families, collected grocery store gift cards, etc. One year, I took the decorated tree to their "house". cardboard & newspaper on the floors to insulate. Kids with "mattresses" on the floor..... you get the idea. When I took the Mom grocery shopping, (no car), she chose a large box of corn dogs. I didn't understand- thought a large roast or ham would be so much more cost effective, and go farther. Didn't realize that she did not have a big oven, much less anything that vaguely looked like a roasting pan........ Was totally educated and humbled that day- folks do what they have to, to get by- so many don't have the choices in life. Almost cried when she asked if there was enough grocery money left to buy her kids tooth brushes & tooth paste.....
    If much extra money- might consider paying on her electric bill at the local utility co......
    Just my humble opinion

• Today's shopping trip by the wife and daughter.
    3 hoodie type long sleeve light weight coats, 2 remote controlled trucks WITH batteries, LOL, assorted stuff for stocking stuffers,

And check out this COOL ASS TOY. It actually hovers the balls in mid air for you to shoot at!!!!!! HOW FREAKING COOL!!!!!!

All that is left are shoes and the rest of the fixins for Christmas dinner. Spiral sliced ham, dinner rolls, corn, bag of taters, and so forth.

• Please be careful on food items...... I have adopted families, collected grocery store gift cards, etc. One year, I took the decorated tree to their "house". cardboard & newspaper on the floors to insulate. Kids with "mattresses" on the floor..... you get the idea. When I took the Mom grocery shopping, (no car), she chose a large box of corn dogs. I didn't understand- thought a large roast or ham would be so much more cost effective, and go farther. Didn't realize that she did not have a big oven, much less anything that vaguely looked like a roasting pan........ Was totally educated and humbled that day- folks do what they have to, to get by- so many don't have the choices in life. Almost cried when she asked if there was enough grocery money left to buy her kids tooth brushes & tooth paste.....
    If much extra money- might consider paying on her electric bill at the local utility co......
    Just my humble opinion

Good advice.
    Will keep that in mind.
    Bought a precooked spiral sliced ham, warm & serve dinner rolls, assuming they have at least a hot plate for mashed potatoes and warming up gravy.
    Trying to make Christmas dinner easy on grandma.

• Ok peeps, another update.
    All the shopping and wrapping has been done. A lot of the gifts were wrapped combined like pants, shirts, socks, drawers for each child. All that is missing in this picture are the food items. We did pick up 1 pair of shoes for each child. Not cheap shoes but decent quality. Nike, Adidas, and New Balance. Just trying to get back with them in Jax to see if we can deliver it all tomorrow.

• Made contact with them, will deliver at 11am eastern time.
    Will post what I can after Santa drops off :thumbsup:
    Just sat back to enjoy one of them there pineapple upside down margarita drinks
    @rabtech I might need those pocket T's sooner than later
    Those drinks are GOOD, I might be falling down sooner than later :D

• Made contact with them, will deliver at 11am eastern time.
    Will post what I can after Santa drops off :thumbsup:
    Just sat back to enjoy one of them there pineapple upside down margarita drinks
    @rabtech I might need those pocket T's sooner than later
    Those drinks are GOOD, I might be falling down sooner than later :D

Enjoy, SlingSanta... :thumbup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• @AllIn5450 Awesome Job..... I know I started this but you grabbed it and ran with it... much to our appreciation.... without you and your family this would never have been possible..... It is with great pride that I call each and everyone of you Brothers & Sisters within our Slingshot Family.....To think most of this all came together in less than 48 hours is unbelievable.... Thank you to each and every one of you for helping to make this possible.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Just returned from Jacksonville.
    I did not get a picture.
    I felt like having her picture posted might be an embarrassment to her to be paraded around as a down on their luck person.
    When I opened up the back and she saw what the above picture shows, she did say "Oh my god, Thank You so much for this. You will never know how much this will mean to them".
    Maybe @Bubblehead can ask her to send a picture of the tree and presents once she puts the tree up and post that for you all. I just would not feel right posting pics of them or the kids.
    But I want to thank everyone for all the help, contributions that was made and done for this endeavor.
    Maybe 3 kids will have a nice Christmas now.
    Merry Christmas to all !!!!

Now can I go back to being a great big asshole Grinch hollaring at all the young whippersnappers to get the hell off my grass???????
    Or do I have to stay nice from now on?
    Torture, pure frickin torture i tell ya.
    :00008356::00008356::00008356: