If you have ever pushed these in.....

• My college English class had spelling test on computers. Each week we had a cassett tape that we had to listen to and the computer went along with the tape. You would type the words in the order that you heard them. And at the end of the test it would give you a percentage and you raised your hand and the teachers assistant would come look at your grade and write it down...

I figured out it was written in BASIC the first day and each day I would get the cassette tape to see how many words would be on the test. (Each test would have a different number so the score would be different )

I would escape from the program and change the line where it figures the percentage and every test I would just hit enter on every word. I would have to go slow so it didn't look weird. Then at the end it would show my pre-determined score that I had set it up to show.

Boy ,,, those were the good old days!

I guess I thought that if you were smart enough to rewrite the code then you didn't need to know how to spell.... :)

• Guess what?? I passed a Fortran class back in college. That REALLY pushed me over the top in my career
    ;(

I took a Fortran class as part of my Pre-engineering curriculum. My stack of cards was at least twice as large as anyone else's, but all that counted was getting the correct answer!
    I had selected Engineering as a Major because it didn't require a foreign language. Naturally, I got tired of going to school, volunteered for the draft and then extended my contract so the Army could send me to Foreign Language training (8 - 12 mos) and the Army chose to send me to German training.Met my Wife there while she took Russian for the Air Force.
    @rabtech, I have fond memories of Stacker and Microsoft's DriveSpace. Anybody remember Mark Williams C OS? How about OS2? (OS2's version of MahJong has always been my favorite).

• So we should call you Captain Kirk. It's just like the Kobayashi Maru 8o

• Back when computer class at school was playing "Oregon Trail" with floppy disks, and it took you all year to finally find out you died of Typhoid....

And to think...when I was in school, the closest thing to a computer was an electric typewriter. State of the art and cutting edge!!!! DAMN!! I AM old!!!