SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016 (Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016)

Date

SLINGSHOTS IN THE SMOKIES 2016

Tue, May 31st 2016 - Sun, Jun 5th 2016

Maggie Valley, NC, USA

Participants

19 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: May 30th 2016, 7:00 pm
  • @Tripod, keep this under wraps...I've got a "friend" who is trying to shoot a couple of satellite photos for me of the Maggie Valley area. Just talked to him today and he felt "sorry" for me. Said he wanted to make it feel like I was there. If the photos come out pretty clear, I'll send them along. Can't wait to see if he catches some of the SSITS!!!! Pass along to everyone, "have fun and be safe"!!
    John

• @Tripod, keep this under wraps...I've got a "friend" who is trying to shoot a couple of satellite photos for me of the Maggie Valley area. Just talked to him today and he felt "sorry" for me. Said he wanted to make it feel like I was there. If the photos come out pretty clear, I'll send them along. Can't wait to see if he catches some of the SSITS!!!! Pass along to everyone, "have fun and be safe"!!
    John

Okay, cool! I promise not to say anything publicly on the forum... :D?(

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Arrived Maggie Valley Monday afternoon and went for a ride. GPS then took us down 13 miles of bad road. We are talking deer hunting trail, one lane, freshly graded. You could just see the banjos in the trees. Funny thing is they had designated parking areas. Don't know if they were for deer hunters or date central here. Road got worse after this point. Jezebel got a wash Tuesday morning.

Day one of SSITS 2016, met several forum members and managed to miss out on all the small group ride outs. Hit the Blue Ridge Highway and a rain shower, had to slap the top back on, and Jezebel needs another bath.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Met @funinthesun, @FunCycle, @allison, @Painter, @Cameron Roberts, @MACAWS and few dozen more..... still have not met Mr @Bill Martin and his bride..., @EjFord, or @rabtech..(nabbed us a forum t shirt and decal) time for official meet and greet...

Then maybe a long island iced tea? Wheres a bar and grill close to comfort inn? All this riding..... I sure am thirsty!

Short story time.... after breakfast, I turned to look outside and couldve placed MONEY on the couple sitting outside being bill and his bride... grabbed airoutlaw, and said hey! Thats bill and.... lets go say hello! Airoutlaw looks at me and says, are you sure your ready to embarrass yourself?? I said I know thats him!..... he was smoking a cigar, and his wife looked just like her from the picture!.....

Theres a reason I dont gamble...... it was somebody else... :|

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• one less participant than planned. We had to scratch due to a family isue, and the bad weather forcast. I pray you all have safe rides under fair skys. I am heartbroken we didnt make it. Was looking to unveil my latest mod. Oh well, maybe Arkansas or rRockie @ivor any way to get my goodie bag?

• Well we made it without rain till 6 in Maggie Valley. The sky's are crying for the ones not here.

It was my absolute pleasure meeting Spud!
    Find me again before you leave so we can grab a meal together.
    I am just drying off and catching up during our rain delay

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• NatomasSlingshot1 wrote:

Ya'll keep posting as many pictures as possible for all us Les Miserables who are living the trip vicariously!
    (rest of us need to start our own little pity-party!

Wouldve liked to have taken pictures at the meet and greet... but it was raining, slings all under coverage (except for those whose owners havent sprung for a cover yet... :| ) Tomorrow is the dragon ride, and well... looks like we're clear til 12noon... we had a nice invitation to join others for a nite cap, but took a raincheck offer for another night. So... a night in with food delivery, @airoutlaw, and Bud...
    Here's to you @Chubs, @NatomasSlingshot1, @Tripod, @V-SHOT and @JimM

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• one less participant than planned. We had to scratch due to a family isue, and the bad weather forcast. I pray you all have safe rides under fair skys. I am heartbroken we didnt make it. Was looking to unveil my latest mod. Oh well, maybe Arkansas or rRockie @ivor any way to get my goodie bag?

Sorry Bro, that totally sucks... :( Hang in there!

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• This is only for the attendees of the event.

Survey
    Participate to receive a customized Slingshot in the Smokies hat (while supplies last)!

Who:
    Slingshot Owners
    What:
    Complete a brief survey online and show confirmation email to Slingshot staff at event truck to receive an exclusive customized Slingshot hat
    Link à https://qtrial2016q2az1.qualtr…E/?SID=SV_5u5C9o9g42JB349
    When:
    Take the survey at any time, but to receive hat must show confirmation email to staff within the following time slots
    Wednesday, June 1st 7:30 AM – 8 AM
    Thursday, June 2nd 7:30 AM – 8 AM
    Friday, June 3rd 7:30 AM – 8 AM
    Where:
    Take the survey anywhere, but to receive hat must show confirmation email to staff at event truck at Ghost Town Village within time slots above
    16 Fie Top Road, Maggie Valley, NC 28751

Product Focus Groups
    Participate for a chance to win a ride in the Slingshot X vehicle! One participant from each focus group will be selected at random.

Who:
    Slingshot Owners
    Limit 10 per session
    When:
    Wednesday, June 1st
    Start times at 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM, and 5:00 PM
    Where:
    Comfort Inn (Breakfast Room)
    3282 Soco Rd, Maggie Valley, NC 28751

[u]Parts, Garments, & Accessories Survey
    Provide feedback on Slingshot Apparel and Accessories for a FREE Slingshot Key Chain (while supplies last).

Who:
    Slingshot Owners
    When:
    Tuesday May 31st-June 2nd
    Where:
    Comfort Inn @ Slingshot Tent
    3282 Soco Rd, Maggie Valley, NC 28751

• I have some pictures... I will start posting them tomorrow. I have to apologize to everyone because I have been busy getting stuff setup and meeting everyone. My wife reminded me today that I need to post pictures of everything here (she keeps me on track and focused) ... I will have plenty tomorrow when I get back from the ride thru the gap..