Lap of America

• Okay.
    Well I didn't drop off the face of the earth or join the foreign legion,...although that does sound rather cool.
    I got diagnosed with a form of cancer called Lymphoma just about a month ago. A form of aggressive diffused large B-cell with some side kicks that makes it known as the double hit.
    Yeah I never do anything small!
    So my trip as of now is delayed until I go into remission and or get an all clear from the med staff.

So why share with all of you?
    Thats a great question!

I think its about time you all understand whats involved from a first person perspective and then apply my experience with whats happening around the country with small children such as those out west at MD Anderson and St.Jude just to mention two.
    I actually had this referred to by someone as a lymp node problem as if I used the wrong deodorant, no kidding.

There is a lot of science behind this epidemic around the country and perhaps I can share what I have learned with you in a positive light so you better understand what your own friends and family are going through. If its a a distant after thought then try and imagine a bunch of small kids who don't understand going through all of this.

You don't have to read or follow along but if you are wise I would suggest that you kick around the idea and keep in mind that this is going to be a story beginning from start to end as factual and positive with some good old humor thrown in. Its also a bit scary especially from this end but maybe a little scary will help illustrate just the emotional roller coaster ride all of those children go through every day of their lives.

If you wish you can follow this blog of sorts on the Face book page Lap of America
    https://www.facebook.com/lapofamerica/?ref=bookmarks

Just remember that there is real science behind all of this. It is not a death sentence or bad word you are not allowed to use and each of those friends, family members and children stricken with Cancer have a great chance of living long and productive lives. You just have to understand and be there for them.
    A shoulder is a wonderful thing to lean on.

Best regards to you gang!
    Now go ride the wheel off of those slingshots!
    Mark

• Thanks for sharing your story @gpcustoms!! I've been watching and wondering if you were going to give any updates. I didn't want to pry, and figured you'd share more info if/when you wanted to. We have you in our prayers, and will continue following your story as you see fit to post updates. We don't have F/B so we'll watch for any additional that you might post here. Godspeed, and by the way.... you still owe me a meet-up at Quaker Steak in Sharon, Pa when you are able!!!! (don't think you can get out of it that easy fella :00000019: )

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• You guys are very thoughtful and I am very touched by the sincerity and kind words. But lets not get all mushy or teary eyed.
    Play hard!! I should be out about the time most are back home from the Smokies. Post lots of pictures and try to stay dry.
    Happy thoughts gang!

Vroooooom Vroooooom Sir!!!

• Mark riding with you hearing your stories ( like hiding the motorcycle from your mom in the closet) and learning from your technical advice is the real you. Masterfully expressed with technical savey and satirical humor is your trade mark. You better get well!

Live long and prosper !

• Mark riding with you hearing your stories ( like hiding the motorcycle from your mom in the closet) and learning from your technical advice is the real you. Masterfully expressed with technical savey and satirical humor is your trade mark. You better get well!

Live long and prosper !

Thanks my friends.
    Checking in at 8am. First of 5 days and then home again. Piece of cake :00000156:
    The wife has packed enough stuff for a vacation. two tablets, snacks, mints, books, lots of clothing, Candy(I took those out). 4 bags worth......Im way over prepared.
    Oh , I gota tell you about the most amazing act of friendship. My Wifes Dentist heard about the stay and events through the medical female grape vine. Called us and insisted on checking me yesterday morning just because he wanted to. You must admit thats a real personal act of a community. I even enjoyed myself and I hate dentists :00007991:
    Now if anyone wants to install some forged pistons, billet crank and flowed and ported head just give me a ring,..I don't hate gear heads :00000019:
    Ride hard, play hard :00007505:

• Thanks my friends.Checking in at 8am. First of 5 days and then home again. Piece of cake :00000156:
    The wife has packed enough stuff for a vacation. two tablets, snacks, mints, books, lots of clothing, Candy(I took those out). 4 bags worth......Im way over prepared.
    Oh , I gota tell you about the most amazing act of friendship. My Wifes Dentist heard about the stay and events through the medical female grape vine. Called us and insisted on checking me yesterday morning just because he wanted to. You must admit thats a real personal act of a community. I even enjoyed myself and I hate dentists :00007991:
    Now if anyone wants to install some forged pistons, billet crank and flowed and ported head just give me a ring,..I don't hate gear heads :00000019:
    Ride hard, play hard :00007505:

That's right!!!! You got this my friend!!!!!!!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Well my first 5 days of Chemo are almost done. I have to say I have a new profound respect for all the patience before me as this is nothing I would have ever dreamed of.
    Its more psychological than anything else for my experience. The first bag light me up like a thousand ants at first but after some adjustment I settled down for my regiment.
    Imagine being tethered to a pole for 5 days. The pole does have wheels but its never far from your side and always infusing you with bag after bag hanging from hooks on the top, 24hrs a day for 96 hours straight. Not much fun as an adult so imagine a small one in the same predicament, God bless them.
    One of the staff here had noted its customary to name my pole so I sat and pondered a spell until I came upon Trixie. Trixie and I get along just fine :00009419:
    So the next step is injections to stimulate the white blood cells while I have a short break from the hospital and then its the same thing all over again.
    I can't say I have enjoyed much of this but I certainly am beginning to appreciate the whole process as I experience each step along the way.

• Hey brother,

I have watched many go thru it and I know it is a rough ride. But I am sure you will come out just fine. You just can't knock down big hearted people, and you heart is as big as they come. There are plenty of spirits looking over you and you have a forum full of positive energy coming your way.

By the way I have been tied to a pole but that is a story I can't repeat.

Stay strong
    Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Thanks for the update @gpcustoms!! Glad to hear you are weathering it as best you can!!! Hate that you have to go through it at all, but like you said.....it's mostly psychological, but the physical isn't far behind!!!!

God Bless, and we're thinking of you Brother!!!!!

• As my wife and I have supported the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation and gotten to know a lot of kids who have suffered thru brain tumors and cancer. It is sometimes heartbreaking to watch all the Kids and Families go thru. Our prayers are with you.

My prayers go out to you and those children you are helping. We could all use a shoulder from time to time. Those families more so than ever.
    I get to go home for about 21 days tonight and I feel lucky. There are so many still in hospital beds longing to be tucked in or be put to bed by their parents. Lets keep the fires stoked and hope to see a day when there are fewer beds filled and more kids in the parks where they belong.
    Thank you gang.
    Mark