Lap of America

• Hello friends.

A few months ago a friend who is losing his battle to keep his eyesight asked me to help him create a bucket list of sights to remember. Unfortunately his schedule had changed and he was no longer able to travel these destinations I had proposed and it made me ponder who else shared just such a dilemma of a bucket list of never realized sights? And so this adventure began.
    I am a retired guy with a wonderful supporting family who simply decided to share an experience this summer to destinations we have all seen and experienced as children with our families. Some of our brightest stars however are left battling at home and in hospital beds.
    So with a new clear conviction I am now raising funds to support St. Jude's lifesaving mission of finding cures and saving children, and I will need your support to help me exceed my fundraising goal! I truly believe that together, one dollar and one mile at a time we can help St. Jude change the world.
    This summer I will be traveling around America in an unusual open air 3 wheeled vehicle called a Polaris Slingshot. I coined it the Lap of America if you will, close to 12000 miles driving through America’s most beautiful National Forests along the way and taking some photos for the children who couldn’t be there. Sharing some smiles along the road.
    Leaving from sunny Florida in August I will head out west to Carlsbad Caverns, The petrified Forest, Grand Canyon on the way to see friends and supporters in Southern California. Then north through Yosemite and Tahoe National forests and across towards the state I was born in, Wyoming where I will travel by the Grand Teton on my way to Yellowstone park. A short jump to Devils Tower and Mount Rushmore before heading down to Colorado and another childhood home in the San Juan Mountains and Durango for another meet and greet with family and supporters. Then lots of photos around the corner at Mesa Verde and back up through the passes to enjoy the view from Pikes Peak before heading towards Oklahoma and a visit to a special Airforce serviceman and nephew for some armed service smiles we will share at Tinker Field. Then Northeast to the Indianapolis Speedway on the way to the Buckeye state and quite Amish roads near Youngstown Ohio for some famous fried chicken from another longtime supporter and friend of St. Jude. Then it’s off to the mountains and forests of the Allegheny and Monongahela National Forests before making my way down to the Smoky Mountains and final push into Memphis Tennessee to see the staff and children at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

How your donation helps:
    • Thanks to donors like you, no family ever pays St. Jude for anything.
    • St. Jude will continue to improve the treatment of childhood cancer and other deadly diseases through its groundbreaking research.
    Thank you very much,
    Mark Brown (386) 804-4403 gpcustom@bellsouth.net
    St Jude Donation Link: http://events.stjude.org/lapofamerica
    Follow on FB: Mark Brown or Lap of America (community) Twitter/ Instagram: markbrown1776

• I'll be trying my hardest to meet you guys in Carlsbad caverns. :00008674:

• Okay,...
    Let me define the title to this event.
    Its called St. Jude Rides( as in goes for a ride in the Smokies a/k/a public place).
    I represent St. Jude as an official charity organizer that intends to see some friendly faces and share some public roads

(We are not the Official Charity of Slingshots in the Smokies)

My offer is only to share public roads and some smiles. I am not organizing mass rides or selling spots so please see Ivor and his posts for official rides as part of his Slingshot in the Smokies if thats what your looking for.
    If there is any confusion then lets end the misconception here and now This is for free minded and spirited like minded friends to go for some rides together because maybe you think my idea of this fund raiser is a cool idea and you just want to ride with me and hang out, nothing else.
    I will have some cool St. Jude stuff and be sharing some glow in the dark arm bands with you but there is no price for admission because there is no admission and if your broke I will give you a cool arm band for just letting me take a picture and post if for the kids that can't be here

Now I have been made you aware of another charity that is going on I would expect the same generosity be lent towards that in keeping with your kind efforts you have shown us. Its not my place to post that cause but rest assured its every bit as deserving so try and remember that when you have a few extra dollars collecting dust in those wallets.

Try not to read too much into this post. I am a retired guy that has the time to do this sort of thing but not such a heal that I want to step on any ones feet while I am in town and create some bad feelings or Karma between friends.

After all. Any day above ground is a good one

• Try not to read too much into this post

I knew exactly what it was from the beginning-exceptional idea and great cause! Have every intentions of supporting, even though I can't be there...... Yosemite might actually be close enough, if you make it this far west.
    Lots of wonderful charities out there- one of the top two, for me, is the Black Widows Annual Run for Shriners Hospital. St. Jude is equally top notch in my book. Wishing you the best of luck in your endeavors! Dee

• I knew exactly what it was from the beginning-exceptional idea and great cause! Have every intentions of supporting, even though I can't be there...... Yosemite might actually be close enough, if you make it this far west.Lots of wonderful charities out there- one of the top two, for me, is the Black Widows Annual Run for Shriners Hospital. St. Jude is equally top notch in my book. Wishing you the best of luck in your endeavors! Dee

Hey Dee.
    I don't have the date yet but on my way out west I will be driving Yosemite. I will be posting here as well as Instagram and twitter MARKBROWN1776 I would be honored to see some of you in thiose parts as soon as I get out there. Have been meaning to see Berts Mega Mall as well as a friend in Malibu thats well over due. Count me in for a drive, perhaps up to Ivors gala in Auburn for the BBQ :thumbup:

• Ok young mutants.
    If you are wanting the E-Brake kit its a go now. I am not going to be a vendor nor is this going to go past my launch date so if you still want one here is my request.
    I) Tell me would come to mind so I can build it.
    II) you have an option of brushed aluminum or black handle with leather boot(red or black stitching)
    III)After you tell me your intentions and likes you need to make a donation to the St. Jude site linked here for at least $20.

fundraising.stjude.org/site/TR…7&pg=personal&fr_id=44326

IV) You can decide how to cover the cost($40) of materials and shipping. Pay-pal, Check, Donkey or in person.
    Now these are hand done so ask your friends if they like theirs or not because I don't want any unhappy folk regardless of the charity behind it. Some installs have done a few cool little things for fill so if you guys are out there lets have a review good or bad so I feel like its worth while and help your fellow junkies decide if a home school kit is an option to whats available.

My whole schedule has changed with recent events for the better so I can always delivery it on the way to Oregon Yellowstone etc.. if you want a grand scenic cruise and bribe me with a cup of coffee along the way.

• I will definitely be there!!!! (my slingshot has taken on temporary residence in Auurn- that's my dealer)

Unfortunately I did not get an OK to visit with the gang driving to these venues so my schedule has changed and we wish them all a safe and pleasant trip.
    But should you feel froggy and wish to meet up for some decent forest drives like in Yosemite or northwards bound to Oregon I would be glad for the company and buy you a coffee if you will in exchange share some smiles that I can upload for the kids watching this adventure :00000441:
    Been looking forwards to seeing the guys at Berts Mega Mall so who knows,...Lots of slingshots on one of their weekend rides? I could only hope :00008698:

• After a stop over in Malibu its back North through Yosemite and the Tahoe Forests on the hunt for some Wyoming big sky country.

The fun part is hidden away between Forest Road and Meadowlark for switchback heaven in route to Devils Tower

A short jump from the tower to Mount Rushmore and back down south to Colorado's Pikes Peak and the passes around San Isabel heading into the heart of Laplata County and my childhood home of Durango for some much needed family time and the promised trip to Mesa Verde National park just west of town and the loop ;-)
    Make sure and wave if you see a dirty silver SS going the other way with grass hoppers all over her!!