• Insurance companies have an odd way of doing things. I had an employee with a couple accidents on his record. I have none. When my employee left I contacted my commercial carrier (Progressive) to drop him from the policy. My insurance almost doubled! They said it was because I had two vehicles and only one driver. WHAT?! How the hell does that make any sense?

• So im picking up my SS saturday... but my broker is having problems finding a company that will cover them. Progressive wants $2k a year!!! Ive been riding for thirty years!! No accidents...
    does anyone else think that is a stupid rate? Who are you guys insured with?

Thanks!
    Bill

I used Allstate, it was the best around. Progressive was terrible with their price.

• My health insurance went from $26/month to $645. Thanks Obama X(

I am offered the ability to buy my health Insurance at one of the places I work because they actually employ me as an employee and not a contractor. It is Blue Cross Blue Shield. I have purchased it for the last 11 years straight out of my check. Last time I looked at my check (or what was left of that check) it was roughly 1490.00 a month for family coverage. And 11 years ago it was about 700 a month. Each year it has went up...... And when Obama changed all the health care it really jumped up. I asked the office manager a while back how many people at the office take the insurance and she said it was about 5% of the employees. She said most just take lesser coverage policies out thru the federal website. And she said the reason theirs was high was because it was a very good policy. However the cost was mainly based on my pay. If I didn't make as much money I would get my family insurance for 400.00 a month thru the Fed Web site. And if I didn't work it would be FREAKING near 0.

How the shit can people afford to f-ing work....This horse shit Obama care is absolutely awarding people to NOT work. And the WORST part is that it PENALIZED people who work...

I know this post derails the thread and i am sorry for that.... but it tripped my irritation meter..... :)

• I am offered the ability to buy my health Insurance at one of the places I work because they actually employ me as an employee and not a contractor. It is Blue Cross Blue Shield. I have purchased it for the last 11 years straight out of my check. Last time I looked at my check (or what was left of that check) it was roughly 1490.00 a month for family coverage. And 11 years ago it was about 700 a month. Each year it has went up...... And when Obama changed all the health care it really jumped up. I asked the office manager a while back how many people at the office take the insurance and she said it was about 5% of the employees. She said most just take lesser coverage policies out thru the federal website. And she said the reason theirs was high was because it was a very good policy. However the cost was mainly based on my pay. If I didn't make as much money I would get my family insurance for 400.00 a month thru the Fed Web site. And if I didn't work it would be FREAKING near 0.

How the shit can people afford to f-ing work....This horse shit Obama care is absolutely awarding people to NOT work. And the WORST part is that it PENALIZED people who work...

I know this post derails the thread and i am sorry for that.... but it tripped my irritation meter..... :)

Robert, you have to understand that Obama grew up having Robin Hood as his idol. He figured out early on that the reason to rob from the rich was that the poor didn't have any money to rob from!!

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I'm in the process of buying an SLR here in Massachusetts, they are classified as a Motorcycle and have progressive for my Motorcycle. I was shocked when they quoted me close to $2k for minimal coverage. A lot of companies don't offer Motorcycle Insurance in MA. GEICO was better but I ended up going with Commerce which was a little over $850 with very good coverage. Mass is expensive and I have a clean record and been driving / riding for over 35 years.