Roadog's D-Mod

• @Ruptured Duck & @MACAWS....feel free to investigate, improve, alter, etc....I'm good with your input!!! This is how possibly good ideas become truly great!!! Teamwork!!! :00000436:
    Thanks for thinking this is good enough to even discuss different kinds of improvements or alternatives to help others accomplish this mod in ways that works best for them!!!! :00000436:
    The best compliment I could get would be to see another Sling going down the road with something I helped create mounted on it!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I'll keep you in mind!! I'm tossing the idea around about offering a basic kit of the cut panels, steel bushings, and the nuts, bolts, washers. Nothing painted though, as I would surely screw that up. I have lots of black 5 gallon buckets to work with, just not a lot of time to put the kits together. If someone wanted to do a different mounting option, that would be up to them, I wouldn't try to do anything other than the basics. If I can do kits, I'll let you know. I have no idea where the price point should be for a kit. I'm thinking a simple $50 would be fair and reasonable, but no idea when I'll be able to do some kits. Feed back always appreciated. :00010317:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• My sling is coming back from recall Saturday then I will install the D mod to mine. I can't stand how much dust collects on my Motegi wheel!!!!! Can't thank Adam enough for coming up with this solution U DA MAN!!!!

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• First a big thank you to Adam ( Roaddog 1aj ) for this great idea and sharing it with us. I installed it today but its pretty cold out to give it a try. But this is what it looks like painted flat black.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

Edited once, last by slolane ().

• Glad you like them @slolane!!! They look good on your Sling, and I like the flat black theme!!!!!

Hope they help with dust control!!!

Of course, they are most effective the faster you go.....SOoooo......nuff said... :00000019::00000019:

• @slolane.... Report back if anything noticed regarding fumes and the Welter Duals... Please and thank you!

I have had the duels on for a year now and the only time I get any fumes is backing up my drive way. I had the double bubble windshield for awhile and no fumes at all. I had the Madstad 9in adjustable blade installed at the Lake George event last fall and with the shield all the way down for the most air flow no fumes. I changed to the 7in this spring so I could see over the shield but have not had a chance to really try it out because of weather here. I expect to have even more air flow so I don't think I will have any fumes. BTW I love my WP duels!! I like that I can pull the baffles for more noise around town or leave them in for hi-way cruising.

• I wonder if these will help with the exhaust fumes coming into the cockpit...?

And they look like a factory part...

• I'm thinking about making some from diamond plate to match the rear protection plate I made. I also like the look. It sounds like the functionality has not really been determined. Did anyone successfully play around with the position and angle to try to keep the wheel clear of dust?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Slinglow, if you look at the pictures...they are just about as low as you can put them..but there is room to go higher...making them as long as possible will probably require a stiffener behind the body panel to help counteract the increased wind resistance...you don’t want them ripping out of the body panel.....I’ll probably use a strip of aluminum like a yard stick..the length of the wings.

I get lots of road dirt on the wheel and fender...but I’m more concerened about not getting exhaust fumes from the duel exhaust setup...

It sure would be nice to see a wind tunnel smoke test concerning our back end...and how the wind swirls around back there...

I sure these wings will change the air flow back there I just hope it does in a good way.

Looking more closely...I’m wondering if they have to be curved....straight might work....to push the wind more towards the wheel...

• The strip of aluminum behind the panel is a good idea and should work well. Although straight might work, I think the curve matching the panel is what gives it more of an OEM look. It could, however, be canted forward or back for improved airflow where you want it. You could also play around with the standoff from the body panel for increased performance perhaps. Also, the length and mounting height can be altered as you said. I guess a guy could locate mounting holes that will work, then fab up different length and height plates to try out before finalizing the design...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• @BigdogPlease don't make it sound like it was your idea. I have no PROBLEM sharing, but credit is not yours. You used slightly different material, so good for you. We are here to share but not to steel. I also have to mention that I got the basic idea when I did see the setup from @Bubblehead in SSITS 2017
    Made a Sun / Wind / Rain Visor

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

Edited once, last by mytoy ().