Anyone Have Trouble with Corbin Saddle Bags Leaking??

• Yeah.... unfortunately no ... Corbin has a written no returns/refunds policy clearly listed on their site that trumps the dispute process .. they class it as a custom item ..

You may get some traction if you purchased through a vendor to get a "fix" but as far as a return the vendor would have to take the loss .....

If I bought DIRECTLY from Corbin (I bought their seats directly), I would definitely put this in dispute. A no return policy would not apply to defective products. Only by being proactive, speaking up, and taking action will anything get resolved!

• A no return policy would not apply to defective products.

Actually if you read their warranty It covers this specifically, it states defective parts will be repaired or replaced at their discretion after you contact them, receive authorization, and return the item for evaluation. It then goes on to reiterate "no cash refunds" ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Well, I just went out to the SS to take a picture of my rear tire for the thread I just started on here. While there, look at what has reared it's ugly head now with my Corbin setup! Fender is cracked, right where it's bolts to the left hand bag. Don't get me wrong, I love the cleaned up look from the rear with them. However, I'd sell them for 1/2 what I paid for the bags if I could find a buyer... and go a different route.

• Well, I just went out to the SS to take a picture of my rear tire for the thread I just started on here. While there, look at what has reared it's ugly head now with my Corbin setup! Fender is cracked, right where it's bolts to the left hand bag. Don't get me wrong, I love the cleaned up look from the rear with them. However, I'd sell them for 1/2 what I paid for the bags if I could find a buyer... and go a different route.

I would not take them even if you would pay me :):P:evil:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• not sure exactly where that photo is taken of, would be nice to see a shot from farther back, just saying.

It is on the fender of the Corbin bag setup. It's the lower left hand side, and there's a screw hole that mounts it to the left saddle bag at that spot. Right about where the gray area marked shows in this picture...

• Actually if you read their warranty It covers this specifically, it states defective parts will be repaired or replaced at their discretion after you contact them, receive authorization, and return the item for evaluation. It then goes on to reiterate "no cash refunds" ....

Just because something is written doesn't mean it has legal standing. I would get my money back one way or another, just my opinion.

• Thanks, I like that approach, although do not have allot of metal work skills am fairly mechanical. May I've similar a shot. Want the Corbins, and keep thinking they've fixed the problem by now, but hearing nothing positive

Mine cracked in the exact same place. Sent pictures to Corbin, of course they denied the replacement. Said it was not defective. Hmmm.

Edited once, last by Slingshotstan: Same thing happened to mine. Both bolt holes are now cracked. Corbin denied a problem with the fender too. ().

• I have found that two of my friends have leaks and closure problems with the Driver Side Corbin Saddlebags. Watch video and see if anyone else has this issure.

• These type issues have plagued the Corbin Bags since they came out. Anyone buying them without doing a thorough search on both forums do so at their own peril. Personally, I cancelled my order when the problems first surfaced, and never looked back. I would love to buy them if they were problem-free, but I'm not holding my breath. Caveat emptor!

• I've got them and love them. I had the Cycle Springs guys install them. For the research I did this seemed to be a big piece of the issue - not that the guys who installed their own were doing it wrong but more that those who had someone install them who had done dozens had better outcomes. The drivers side is a little glitchy but once you figure out how to give it the upward pressure to close it it's no problem. The bags are beautiful and really help to finish off the back sideck that the Polaris designers gave up on

• I've got them and love them. I had the Cycle Springs guys install them. For the research I did this seemed to be a big piece of the issue - not that the guys who installed their own were doing it wrong but more that those who had someone install them who had done dozens had better outcomes. The drivers side is a little glitchy but once you figure out how to give it the upward pressure to close it it's no problem. The bags are beautiful and really help to finish off the back sideck that the Polaris designers gave up on

My install was easy, the latching should be MUCH better, but I agree with you that a love them. Have not popped open, as the early issue, and I can wrap the inside bags in a garbage bag if needed. Should I, no, but best option.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app