TriLed Brow lights/ signals

• We installed and had the same issue. The problem was (if we had read the instructions properly) was that we smoothed out instead of just placing. When you smooth it out via the length, it stretched a little. One side is like an 1/8 or so off, but once placed it stayed. I am anal and don't like, but we have to live with it. I think another person had the same issue. Love them on the slingshot for safety reasons. Yours looks like ours. Will see if I can get a picture on the site, but I think John saw another post about this problem as well. Good thing is the LED lights are were they are suppose to be. In fact, I think one strip was slightly longer to begin with anyways. The part that curved was blank without the LED bulbs.

• @dongib yeah I pushed forward & pressed, I'm anal retentive, didn't pull and they still went to curve of hood? Now I was told by Triled you can cut off black end & fill with silicone & fixed??

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

Edited once, last by BONES ().

• @dongib yeah I pushed forward & pressed, I'm anal retentive, didn't pull and they still went to curve of hood? Now I was told my Triled you can cut off black end & fill with silicone & fixed??

That should work @BONES. The only other thing my anal side would worry about is when I peeled the strip off the hood far enough to trim and seal the end of the strip.....would the strip stick as well as it did originally, or start to pull away after a short time????

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• @roadog1aj hey Buddy, apparently you would fill with silicone & can still push on end cap.. I would use blue tape, tape area & a brand new blade & take my time. Carefully fill with silicone & cap. I think strip will be fine...??

• @roadog1aj hey Buddy, apparently you would fill with silicone & can still push on end cap.. I would use blue tape, tape area & a brand new blade & take my time. Carefully fill with silicone & cap. I think strip will be fine...??

Heh, Heh....yeah, I knew if anyone could do this skillfully it would be you Brother!!! :00000436:
    I would have looked at doing it exactly the same way, but didn't want to make you shake a dog shitting razor blades if I proposed taking an Exacto knife anywhere close to your beloved Sling!!! :00000019:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I experienced the same issue. Mine go over about 3/8". Please let us know how the cutting goes.

I sent this to Slingmods, can cut here & cap with silicone & end cap.. They approved

• Ok so did what was recommended by company.

Easy fix, only issue is lost about 1-2 LED's cause of caulk.. Oh well.

Looks good @BONES!!! I'm sure you're OK with losing one or two LEDs as long as you lost exactly the same amount on both strips!!

• I'd like them to be long enough to go the full length... So they ran to the black plastic of the lightning strips. Feel like it would look more seamless that way... Plus it would give side visibility for safety too!

They go full length.. issue people are having is the last 3/4"-1" piece wraps a little and doesn't stick right , starts to peel. By removing the end piece, there actually cleaner and end where they should, nothing can feel up. Directions say to push towards front and don't pull strip. In doing so mine still ended up wrapping around hood ( along with others) Even holding them up prior to sticking I had an idea where they would lay.

I hear ya, making them another 10"-12" would of been cool (front & side LED'S/ Blinkers)

• OK, sorry guys but for the cost of these shouldn't they fit Perfect?? I am not sure of why anyone should have to cut or loose any leds on this set up. Should be a nice fit from the start, imho