I knew it was strong. But not 510hp strong!

• Our DDMWorks supercharger kit is currently $4,900. This kit will put you at about 280 HP at the wheel. The last one we just installed did 270 on, what these guys will tell you, was not the ideal day for dyno runs. ( Hot and Sticky )The kit is very easy to install at home if you have some tools and some time. It comes with full color instructions.
    @Dave@DDMWorks and I were able to bang that last one out in 2 hours.
    Let me know if you have any questions about it and we will get you fixed up!

I must add , I do agree with @Jeff@DDMWorks with his assessment of ease of installation, BUT !!!!!!!! (and there is always a BUT ) In watching Jeff and Dave on this installation, They are Two Bad ASSED individual young men that are on a mission and work together as a well oiled machine robot-squared .. So to think this will be a walk in the park for a couple of hrs because you think that you fit this Bad ASSED group is most likely a fallacy and a dream.
    Jeff and Dave are very good at what they do and I would certainly put them up against any of the best of the best as far as quality and timeliness in their respective field .
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Our DDMWorks supercharger kit is currently $4,900. This kit will put you at about 280 HP at the wheel. The last one we just installed did 270 on, what these guys will tell you, was not the ideal day for dyno runs. ( Hot and Sticky )The kit is very easy to install at home if you have some tools and some time. It comes with full color instructions.

Jeff, can you explain HOW the HP gains are achieved in the case of Rab? Looking at the explanations on the DDM engine build it seems to be mostly about better tolerances but with mostly GM parts. Only non GM stuff listed was pistons and rods. Since we're dealing with boost are these lower compression pistons that are being used? I can see some gains with a tighter engine, less mass on the clutch and more optimal pistons but it doesn't seem to add up to a couple of hundred HP improvement over normal engine + boost. thx

• FB, not trying to speak for Jeff, Dave or Rab, but it's mostly all boost. The rest is for the ability to SAFELY run that boost. Every 1 lb of boosts is usually about 25 extra hp, so it does work out to being one bad @$$ way to make reasonably priced power and live

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• FB, not trying to speak for Jeff, Dave or Rab, but it's mostly all boost. The rest is for the ability to SAFELY run that boost. Every 1 lb of boosts is usually about 25 extra hp, so it does work out to being one bad @$$ way to make reasonably priced power and live

Thx, my only experience with boost is aircraft, turbo piston and SC radials. There are limits that must be observed. What allows Rab now to boost more then he did before? Is his turbo modified? Are SCs a bit safer due to less heat?

• The turbo that Hahn and Alpha and others offer can spool up to push well over 20psi. It's controlled by wastegate and is regulated by the springs that are inserted into the wastegate or by a boost controller that opens a solenoid to activate the wastegate. ... each way works kinda backward from each other. The first one just has a vacuum tube hooked to the wastegate and when the pressure is reached that you want to achieve the pressure on the line allows the springs to collapse and the wastegate opens. Letting exhaust gas bypass the compressor wheel. Thus reducing boost by turning the compressor wheel less.

The other way is when you use a boost controller such as the AEM Failsafe gauge to send an electrical signal to open solenoid and send pressure to the wastegate (but this time the wastegate has a very weak spring). Let's say 4 psi..... this way you have lower psi to default down to when you electric boost control sees a spike or a pressure above what you think is safe and have programmed into the controller.

I jammed lots of colored springs into the wastegate so that I could put out 17PSI... :):):):) .

Boost is good!

Here is the color chart. It gets really hard to put the cap on the wastegate with the green and yellow and natural springs. There is more PSI gained by the piping and the volume of the intercooler.... Hence the 17PSI I turned... You just have to use a gauge to get you exact pressure and adjust springs to get the correct wastegate opening pressure...

• Thx for the info--we occasionally see posts from turbo owners that have screwed up their engines. How can they overboost if they have the wastegate springs that Alpha, Hahn, DDM have provided? Are they screwing with the springs or is there a way to drive sloppy enough to mess things up? Isn't there a blow off? I'm considering adding boost and a supercharger seems to be a safer bet as well as easier to work on.

This price is currently out of range, got to wait till next year ;(;(;(

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Yeah... I'm trying to be the new @Slunglow! Lol...

But when you said you still had parts of the the shelf Slunglow... I was like ?(

Ship them this way!!!

But actually... Just ordered some stuff on eBay... Might have pictures coming soon to "What did you do..." thread... :thumbsup:

• Actually @MiM most of the "gently used" parts I have acquired from several generous fellow forum members have been installed with the exception of a few small items. I'm just waiting until I have a built motor in the sling to install the turbo. I have contacted DDM and will more than likely be putting a deposit down with them very soon. The factory motor has less than 6,000 miles on it and it will more than likely find a new home in a marine toy we have. :thumbup:

NOTE: I had to change the period to a comma on my mileage the spelling nazi's (AKA @Tripod ) would have been on that like stink on shit. :00008172::00008356:

• Actually @MiM most of the "gently used" parts I have acquired from several generous fellow forum members have been installed with the exception of a few small items. I'm just waiting until I have a built motor in the sling to install the turbo. I have contacted DDM and will more than likely be putting a deposit down with them very soon. The factory motor has less than 6,000 miles on it and it will more than likely find a new home in a marine toy we have. :thumbup:
    NOTE: I had to change the period to a comma on my mileage the spelling nazi's (AKA @Tripod ) would have been on that like stink on shit. :00008172::00008356:

@Slunglow you will be very happy with your decision @Dave@DDMWorks and his crew build killer engines that and a little of your favorite shine and you will be smoking fast

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I wanna keep up with the @rabtech s and the @MACAWS

You know rabtech and I rib each other all the time but our two machines are actually very different, I don't have the balls to drive anything as evil as his machine. I swear the man got all the talent and none of the fear.
    When mine dynos I will bet it will be considerably less HP mostly because I am running a more restrictive exhaust. Truth is the real reason we went with forged internals was strictly for durability - Ok and the ability to push the envelope.
    The SS was made for this Polaris just drew the line a little too low on the power..

When you are all set up and ready to go I hope you will join us at some track days - that is when the real fun starts

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You know rabtech and I rib each other all the time but our two machines are actually very different, I don't have the balls to drive anything as evil as his machine. I swear the man got all the talent and none of the fear.When mine dynos I will bet it will be considerably less HP mostly because I am running a more restrictive exhaust. Truth is the real reason we went with forged internals was strictly for durability - Ok and the ability to push the envelope.
    The SS was made for this Polaris just drew the line a little too low on the power..

When you are all set up and ready to go I hope you will join us at some track days - that is when the real fun starts

Yeah I'm not shooting for the most HP I can squeeze out of it. My biggest concern is having an extra wide safety margin because I like hitting the red line like it's a speed bag. Although one of my first posts as a newbie on the "darkside" was a response to a thread @rabtech started about "pushing the limits". I said it then and I'll say it again I am glad we have people like Robert that are constantly willing to push the limits if nothing else just to find out where they are. "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room". ;):thumbup:

As far as the track days are concerned (for now) I think I'll have to agree with @funinthesun and be happy with eatin' hot dogs and drinkin' cold beer (and maybe a lil' shine) and watchin' the cheerleaders umm I mean Slingshots. :thumbsup:

• I am glad we have people like Robert that are constantly willing to push the limits if nothing else just to find out where they are. "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room

100% correct if it wasn't for him and a few others like him, we would all still be stock.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!