Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Couple Denver slings wanted to ride so we met them in Colorado Springs for breakfast and then headed up to Bishop's Castle (cool place to google, quite a story) - been there a few times now but always interesting to see what's new since I was last there. Was a great ride and got to put some miles on the quad kit today, only issue was I lost my hat. We had some crazy winds (calling for 60mph+ tomorrow) and that's about the only time I'll lose a hat is those freak crosswinds - oh well time for another one anyway!

Only one hat?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Same ride today as last Sunday. Long way home through the desert after setting my wife up at her farmers market. This time I didnt take any pictures. I was busy stopping at several points along the way checking how well I could connect to the local GMRS repeater back to my home. Its really impressive how much range I can get with my little 5 watt GMRS hand held unit when I connect through the repeater. first test from by my wife's market was a good 30 miles total distance from me to the repeater and then to my house and had to go around a mountain :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Same ride today as last Sunday. Long way home through the desert after setting my wife up at her farmers market. This time I didnt take any pictures. I was busy stopping at several points along the way checking how well I could connect to the local GMRS repeater back to my home. Its really impressive how much range I can get with my little 5 watt GMRS hand held unit when I connect through the repeater. first test from by my wife's market was a good 30 miles total distance from me to the repeater and then to my house and had to go around a mountain :thumbsup:

can you describe for me the process of getting your license please

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• well didn’t ride cause of rain but did take this picture for SoCal . Your pics are just great so I would send you one from my kitchen window.Hope you like it.

Only doesn’t show the really cool colors in contrast.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• can you describe for me the process of getting your license please

SoCal

GMRS license is very easy. There is no test involved you just fill out an online form and pay the fee. the fee used to be $70 but recently they dropped it to $35 and this is good for 10 years and covers everyone in your family. here is a link to a step by step instructions - GMRS License Instructions

After this is done it takes about 24 hours or less and they will e-mail you your call sign that you need to use, its really very easy, but the various website are typical government BS and can be a bit clunky

After you get this done I recommend you also go to the home page of that same website and register this will give you access to information on all of the repeaters around your area and any other place where you might want to use those repeaters. Some repeaters make their connection information public, but many others want you to request access before they will give you the needed info

Edit: When you are shopping for radios be sure to verify that they are capable of using the repeaters. this is usually made very clear in the description, but not all radios have the ability to do this so I felt it was worth noting this.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I’m new to this leaf season - you do it regular or just wait till they all fall then do it ?? They sure are pretty on the tree but a real pain in the a$$ afterwards :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Do it when they start piling up. Takes me 4 3 hour days.

I always wait until they’re all off the tree to do them. Otherwise you’re doing it over and over and over again.

Yes but if I did that my walker mower would take forever to pick them up. It would push them around and around. Much faster and easier to do pickup multiple times. One more to go and I'm done until next fall. Snd this is before accessories. Mine was 15k 9 years ago.

• I always wait until they’re all off the tree to do them. Otherwise you’re doing it over and over and over again.

Saw an article on weather channel and they said leave them alone. Said something about insects kinda hibernate in them and then birds eat the insects. Also said great fertilizer.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Saw an article on weather channel and they said leave them alone. Said something about insects kinda hibernate in them and then birds eat the insects. Also said great fertilizer.

I am guessing that is for anyone who does not want grass... The leaves will destroy the grass if left there but I agree, in the woods or anywhere that one does not have neighbors (who give you that look when you don't clean up the leaves) I would say leave them.

I live in a suburb and there they say to try and clean up as many as you can because they clog the storm drains....

Different everywhere...

Edit... as a funny note... that is what Cali does with their wooded area... and we all saw how that has worked out.... (Just being a wise guy)

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Do it when they start piling up. Takes me 4 3 hour days.

Yes but if I did that my walker mower would take forever to pick them up. It would push them around and around. Much faster and easier to do pickup multiple times. One more to go and I'm done until next fall. Snd this is before accessories. Mine was 15k 9 years ago.

You high tech guys. :) .. I blow my yard (suburbia) into a big pile and mulch them with a leaf vac...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I’m new to this leaf season - you do it regular or just wait till they all fall then do it ?? They sure are pretty on the tree but a real pain in the a$$ afterwards :00008172:

it’s all about Termanology. If you have a lawn it’s an issue if you have a field you don’t😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎