Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Took a little ride one way (125 miles) to Lake Villa, IL for an oil change. I got there early ... thought if I beat the guy with the 8:00am appointment I'd get in first. 20 minutes early and the guy with the 8:00 beat me by 30 seconds. We had time to BS before he got in. Probably sold another F4 5+ tinted windshield and some Baker 'Air Wings' The young man is from Rumania and came here in 2002 for school. meet a young lady who is a trainer at the gym and they now have a Slingshot and a 13 year old little girl. Did not meet her but she is from La Porte, IN so the nex time they visit he'll drive the Slingshot and she'll bring the SUV...Grand Mother can have fu with the little one and we can ride.

Meet the nicest people on a Slingshot ...

• Soooo.....someone else?

The young man who want one has these setting in his shop (they are his and he built them)

He wants to see wnat he can do with a Slingshot.
    He has worked on quite a few. one of the first ones

he worked on he put over $10,000.00 worth of sound

system in.

• The young man who want one has these setting in his shop (they are his and he built them)

He wants to see wnat he can do with a Slingshot.
    He has worked on quite a few. one of the first ones

system in.

Straight line fun!

one of the first ones

system in.

I've put a $10,000 car around a stereo but I have NEVER put a $10,000 stereo in a car.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• FunCycle I finally got there. Wife and I went out for Ice Cream after dinner and put a few miles on the Slingshot... Only needed to do 30 miles this evening to hit the 100,000 mile mark....did about 35.... Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got there. No I probably wont catch up with you.

I have slowed down with my back problems so you will probably cach me easy.:thumbsup:

• I do have a friend (just one) who might be interested in buying the unit if the insurance wants to total it. keep me informed. He is also in the La Porte, IN area.

EjFord. Thanks EJ I will keep that in mind. I am to the point that I am hoping they will total it. The dealership said it would be a week or more before they can tear it down to find the extent of the damage. This could go on for months.

• EjFord. Thanks EJ I will keep that in mind. I am to the point that I am hoping they will total it. The dealership said it would be a week or more before they can tear it down to find the extent of the damage. This could go on for months.

Hope you can get back in THREE shortly...

• EjFord. Thanks EJ I will keep that in mind. I am to the point that I am hoping they will total it. The dealership said it would be a week or more before they can tear it down to find the extent of the damage. This could go on for months.

canegrinder when I was in this situation the Polaris tech that tore mine down called me and explained the situation. He told me that if there was frame damage and I had it repaired, I would end up with a branded title in my state (Washington). He invited me to come examine what he had identified as 'frame damage'. He had some blue paint on a couple spots to show me the 'cracks' that really didn't look like cracks to me. He said he could go either way with the adjuster and I asked him to verify frame damage to ensure it was totaled. The adjuster knew squat about the Sling, took the techs word for it and totaled the vehicle.

So, what I'm saying is having a conversation with the tech before the adjuster arrives might help you achieve your goal. My tech got a bottle of cough medicine dropped on his tool box when he was done and I got money for a new Sling.

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• SlingLow I think the best way to go is have it totaled. Florida Brands titles also. Money wise having it totaled is the way to go. I think my mechanic is leaning that way when we talked. Jack Daniels Makes good cough medicine.

• SlingLow I think the best way to go is have it totaled. Florida Brands titles also. Money wise having it totaled is the way to go. I think my mechanic is leaning that way when we talked. Jack Daniels Makes good cough medicine.

Honey Jack is the best and what my tech got. Great minds think alike. And so do we! Good luck sir. I hated being in your situation and hope you work through it quickly. I ended up settling through my insurance, which was Nationwide at the time, instead of the perp's insurance (I was rear-ended by a drunk driver) and couldn't have been happier with the way it was handled and the settlement I received.