Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Get ready this will soon be across the country! I believe they have 32 speed cameras' in Philly?

https://www.phila.gov/2020-02-…ard-heres-what-to-expect/

Interesting to see where this goes - municipalities have been challenged and lost due to cameras being unable to identify if the driver was the owner of the vehicle. That was at lower speeds - now they gotta get your face at 70 mph or more. Gonna have to be a helluva camera to get ya IMHO..

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Interesting to see where this goes - municipalities have been challenged and lost due to cameras being unable to identify if the driver was the owner of the vehicle. That was at lower speeds - now they gotta get your face at 70 mph or more. Gonna have to be a helluva camera to get ya IMHO..

Lets all just start wearing Joe Biden masks... See if he will pay the bill...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I added the Zarate fender trim pieces, but really think when quad gets here to not run the front fenders. How much more rain/debris do you get thrown at you guys that have taken them off. I don't go out in the rain but do get caught in it and we have some dirty roads in CO gravel wise.

I've had the fenders off both SS#2 & #3. No significant extra debris in the cab - most of the stuff goes straight back from the tire and not into the cab.

I don't drive in the rain either, but have been caught a few times. Enough rain comes over the windshield that any extra from the sides is negligible anyways. Like worried that someone might pour a cup of water on you when you're already soaked to the skin.

I will say about the only time I have noticed anything more is a slow speed left turn through dirt or water. The turned tire may pick up some dirt/sand/water into the cab that the fender might have kept out, but that's not enough to worry about.

• I've had the fenders off both SS#2 & #3. No significant extra debris in the cab - most of the stuff goes straight back from the tire and not into the cab.

I don't drive in the rain either, but have been caught a few times. Enough rain comes over the windshield that any extra from the sides is negligible anyways. Like worried that someone might pour a cup of water on you when you're already soaked to the skin.

I will say about the only time I have noticed anything more is a slow speed left turn through dirt or water. The turned tire may pick up some dirt/sand/water into the cab that the fender might have kept out, but that's not enough to worry about.

to me the difference is that the dirt/water that might come in from making a turn through water is dirty muddy street water and stuff coming over windshield in the rain would be clean

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Bill Martin Legally don't you have the right to confront your accuser? Can a human confront a camera? I think this has been the point of view in some states and the cameras are now gone.

EXACTLY!! Besides that - wear a mask like they want you to on the causeway and it would never stick!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Bill Martin Legally don't you have the right to confront your accuser? Can a human confront a camera? I think this has been the point of view in some states and the cameras are now gone.

I would bet that they would say your "accuser", the one you get to confront, would be the "experts" that would testify to the accuracy of the machine - - human can't confront a radar speed gun either, but as I mentioned above around here the red light cameras and speed cameras seem to be going away - and I suspect for exactly the reason that they get challenged enough to make them not as cost effective as needed to justify their use.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Precisely why we don't have them here anymore and some small towns that used then as revenue enhancement had to repay millions in fines.

.... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• chavey2 Was thinking about removing my front fenders and was wondering where you brought the trim piece. I like the way it looks.

I posted printable templates here - My DIY Fender/Mudguard Fillers. It's probably best to cut the plastic a little larger than the template indicates so they can be custom fit as I didn't make my cuts as accurately as I would normally desire. And keep in mind the comments about me using too many screws! I have a tendency for overkill!;)

• My slingshot went our almost every day this week. I celebrated my birthday with my children and my daughter loves it so therefore took it out for a ride. My son who didn't think it was cool, learned how to drive it and now thinks its the bomb as he put it. Then I took it for a 2-hour drive all over Lincolnton, and Denver NC just enjoying the time with my son and the gorgeous day.^^:love:<3

• Can't take it anywhere. Can't trust to not to leave me stranded at a stop light if it decides to shift to neutral and not go into Drive or Reverse. Headed to the dealer for a reflash as they reflashed it when they put in the new shift switch and it hasn't acted right since. Now wishing I had bought the standard tranny.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Can't take it anywhere. Can't trust to not to leave me stranded at a stop light if it decides to shift to neutral and not go into Drive or Reverse. Headed to the dealer for a reflash as they reflashed it when they put in the new shift switch and it hasn't acted right since. Now wishing I had bought the standard tranny.

Sorry you have this problem and issue but with all new style vehicles there’s bound to be some hiccups.

The most important thing is that you stay safe and we’ll see how Polaris steps up on this one. Peak riding season with a down Slingshot he’s not acceptable!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

I also am sorry for this happening to you. I would guess that the dealer did not correctly flash it when they put the new switch in. I was told by my dealer that the standard switch replacement did not require the flash, only required if upgrading to the switch with the M mode and paddles. I am not sure if you got those or not. Also after the refresh the dealer is supposed to do a test drive which teaches the computer how to drive again. It involves a bunch of starts and stops and running through the gears and also testing the reverse gear.

Anyway, I hope they get it fixed for you. Not that it helps, but I have had mine done (paddles installed on my 2020R) and have not had one issue. When I asked why it took so long the dealer did mention that the first download of the flash had errors and he had to re-download it.-

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• 220 miles to Wrightwood into the San Gabriel mountains today up to about 7000 feet. High 70s and beautiful! And a little windy!

And here is a little coyote buddy that we saw on the road today he looks thirsty!
    https://share.icloud.com/photos/038G5Ow5pzvH_pH6pzGD24iWQ

And here’s a little something, I usually run all my tires at 30 psi. I’ve always gotten 27 miles to the gallon packed up or not. Today I went to 35 psi in each tire and my mileage increased to 31 1/2 miles per gallon. I dialed down the DDM shocks a notch or two to compensate for the increase in tire pressure and I may just get used to it.

And all the other conversations I had about mileage from people who are getting the low 30s it never dawned on me that it was more than likely a tire pressure issue. I never really did care about mileage but getting another 40 miles per tank will be nice when we’re touring.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎