Gearing change

• Has anyone changed the gearing after boosting? Seems like I'm shifting every few seconds and that it could handle a bit taller gearing without sacrificing acceleration too much. Maybe a 1 or 2 tooth smaller rear sprocket?

You would need to do a chain drive conver$ion ......

To stay belt drive custom pulleys don't yet exist and there are other complications that go along with them when/if they ever do .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• is the angle drive ring and pinion serviceable (replaceable)?
    If so again parts don't exist yet but if they ever do might be less expensive but you would still need to pay for installation and correct set up.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• is the angle drive ring and pinion serviceable (replaceable)?
    If so again parts don't exist yet but if they ever do might be less expensive but you would still need to pay for installation and correct set up.

According to a member on a different site the ring and pinion (not sure about the case but the bearings and seals are confirmed MIC) are manufactured by a US company and he should be posting photos of a disassembled final drive any time now. He reached out to one of his suppliers (alluded to him being in the business) and had shims made up so he can attempt to properly set up a spare unit he purchased. We should know much more shortly.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Taller tires will do the trick, but there are issues with that as well, My speedo is 12% off so I have to constantly do the math in my head. I don't know of any way to change that. And since my gearing is so tall now, I rarely use 5th gear, usually only above 65-70. If I use it at slower speeds it is very sluggish since I am still N/A. I guess there is another reason to go turbo/SC.

• OK.... anybody know if there is a viable gearing solution outthere yet? I'm gonna need todo a final drive upgrade, this 1.590:1 ain't gonna cut it in the mountians, I could not get out of third gearthe whole time I was up there, was doing 109mph, but seriously, in third gear? Help ME! Plus Rabtech might claim he stompped me.... but we both know I was quick going up the Blue ridge moutian road, even with my crappy running sling, and he was quicker going back down the road, but man.... he must have Great brakes, because he is on them ALL of the time in every damn turn!!! 8o:D:P?(

• OK.... anybody know if there is a viable gearing solution outthere yet? I'm gonna need todo a final drive upgrade, this 1.590:1 ain't gonna cut it in the mountians, I could not get out of third gearthe whole time I was up there, was doing 109mph, but seriously, in third gear? Help ME! Plus Rabtech might claim he stompped me.... but we both know I was quick going up the Blue ridge moutian road, even with my crappy running sling, and he was quicker going back down the road, but man.... he must have Great brakes, because he is on them ALL of the time in every damn turn!!! 8o:D:P?(

And he just upgraded them!

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

The white ss that Envy Motoring had at SSITS had a chain drive and said it was so he could change gearing if that's an option

• Really! @StickerDick you going to give me crap about my first time on that road. This coming from someone who literally had the road timed down to the 10th of a second. Hmmmm. I belive you saw how bad an ass whipping I gave the Honda once I left the turn. I believe you know you are going to need more that gears to run on the highway with me. :D:D