• Not a requirement in my state and I usually don't wear one; however; if I am traveling for distance and driving hours at high speeds or enter a state that does have a requirement - it's nice to have on hand - if needed or wanted ;)

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• Yes a full helmet will fit behind the seat in the compartment on the driver side - I have never tried the passenger side. Im in California where the Slingshot is still classified as a motorcycle and a helmet is required. Since the day I brought my sling home I have always carried a 1/2 helmet in the passenger compartment for my wife or any other person who might need it. For myself I have used 1/2, 3/4 and full helmets depending on the season. With my Slingshot being my daily driver for all these years I have been very glad to have different choices. After I retired at the end of 2021 I gave the full helmet away to a friend. figured I now have the choice not to ride if its that cold :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Thank yall.... I will proceed to buy us some now..lol Although there has been quite a few folks saying that they don't necessarily wear them or need them..

My wife prefers a helmet so I set two Bell Pit Boss helmets up with SENA intercoms and it really helps with the high-speed conversation. We can talk at normal volume instead of yelling.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Has anyone had any real problems with road debris? i.e. Rocks, bugs........

Couple of years ago in the fall and riding out in the country on a county road a 'walnut' droped out of the tree and caught me in the chest. No damage to me or the Slingshot. I do have a taller than stock windshield.

• Early on in 2015, I had a surprise riding on a local road here in Florida. Traveling down a long straight-a-way going about 70 mph, I felt am impact on my right shoulder that honestly felt like I was either shot or ran into a rock or something. I pulled over to see if I could figure out what happened, and the first thing I saw was this

That didn't make much sense to me since I had detailed the Slingshot that morning before leaving. So I looked around and saw this guy, and moved him into this pic.

Obviously the impact made more damage to him than it did to me. I think that was enough reason for me to get rid of the double bubble windshields and go back to the stock. Here's a coupe extra pics to put the size of him into perspective

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Lunch???