• What is a nice loud horn for the Slingshot....I dont really care for any of the ones they have on Slingmods so I was wondering what you folks are using?

I am using the MARCO Tornado at this time. I have used the triple bugle from RIVCO, it could be louder with a little more compressor than the one furnished in the kit. Had a diaphragm failure with that one. I also tried the Bad Boy, but the MARCO was louder and I am still running it. Hook up is easy, by using the stock horn wire for the relay control and then wire a separate power (Higher Amps) for the horn thru the relay.

• Slingshot Only/Twist Dynamics used to offer a dual air horn. I can't find it on their site, but it's basically this one from Amazon. Pretty much just plug-n-play from the stock wiring - didn't even use the relay. I got a chrome version and mounted it right in front of the engine behind the headlights (bottom of the picture).

:

• There is also a hole already there beside the exhaust manifold on the frame flat panel. There is plenty of room to mount the double horns all I needed was a short spacer and the bolt and nut. They are still mounted, but I do not use them. Just never have got around to taking them off of Sling I.

• There is also a hole already there beside the exhaust manifold on the frame flat panel. There is plenty of room to mount the double horns all I needed was a short spacer and the bolt and nut. They are still mounted, but I do not use them. Just never have got around to taking them off of Sling I.

Yep, used to have them mounted right where the turbo tube is crossing that shiny crossmember. Had to move them. Note that the compressor is in the stock horn location.

• I bought a single Hella horn on Amazon and just wired it in myself - single tone high pitch European tone that fits the sling well in my opinion and people seem to hear it just fine - - Beep Beep!

Hella horn on Amazon

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I have been mainly riding with my dog. If one more clown in a pickup truck blasts his air horns next to me as they pass, I am going to hook up my train whistles (all three together). We will see which is more irritating. I already know how ear piercing the middle tone whistle is. I am scared to put air through the high pitch whistle. At 90 PSI, you can only do it in short bursts because your ears are ringing immediately. I would never do it with my dog in the vehicle.

I have also machined actual train air horns, but they are too large and you could never get enough air pressure to make them work.

• I have been mainly riding with my dog. If one more clown in a pickup truck blasts his air horns next to me as they pass, I am going to hook up my train whistles (all three together). We will see which is more irritating. I already know how ear piercing the middle tone whistle is. I am scared to put air through the high pitch whistle. At 90 PSI, you can only do it in short bursts because your ears are ringing immediately. I would never do it with my dog in the vehicle.

I have also machined actual train air horns, but they are too large and you could never get enough air pressure to make them work.

Had a friend back in the day who worked for Southern Pacific. he brought home some train horns that we mounted in my chevy blazer - ran them off the AC compressor - louder than hell, but needed to keep the engine rpm up to really blast them. My friend also had a bunch of those little whistles - called then peanut whistles - - never played with them very much

• Had a friend back in the day who worked for Southern Pacific. he brought home some train horns that we mounted in my chevy blazer - ran them off the AC compressor - louder than hell, but needed to keep the engine rpm up to really blast them. My friend also had a bunch of those little whistles - called then peanut whistles - - never played with them very much

A lot of the times, we don't get the opportunity to make all the parts of an assembly, on purpose. The horns were one of those parts. I found one of the shorter style horns and the body that it bolts to. We never made any of the parts in between, so I have no clue what the valve looks like.

Here are some pic's. The size of the valve seat always had me wondering how much air pressure is required.

• the train horns I put on my blazer were Nathan Airchimes - there were three on a common manifold - when installed on the train two larger horns pointed forward and the small one pointed to the rear. When I installed them in my blazer I removed them from the manifold and ran a hose between them that way I could put them in different locations and fit them under the hood.

when I took the horns apart like your picture the only parts inside were gaskets and a flat stainless steel disk. it was the air pushing past the disk under pressure that made the horn honk - - kind of like a reed in a saxophone I guess - - it is a very simple design internally

here is a place that sells the internals as a rebuild kit - K3 Rebuild kit

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().