electrical connector type

• I would like to switch the horn in my 2016 Slingshot to something a bit more attention getting, I am not sure which horn I might get, but when I do I would like to make my own "plug n play" harness to connect to the horn that would then just plug into the connector that currently plugs directly into the stock horn.

Does anyone here happen to know what this connector is called or even better does anyone here have a link

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I would like to switch the horn in my 2016 Slingshot to something a bit more attention getting, I am not sure which horn I might get, but when I do I would like to make my own "plug n play" harness to connect to the horn that would then just plug into the connector that currently plugs directly into the stock horn.

Does anyone here happen to know what this connector is called or even better does anyone here have a link

Use the stock horn wire for the relay control and run a separate hot and negative to the horn.

• Use the stock horn wire for the relay control and run a separate hot and negative to the horn.

yes I understand that, but I would still like a plug that would plug into the stock connector on the stock horn wire so that it is easy to return it to the stock horn if ever needed

• I still may have one, let me know and I look.

Thank you - I found it on the Bmotorsports site and saved a link. after I actually have a horn in hand I will decide if that's the way I want to go

Thanks again :00008674:

• Don't know what people are looking for but the flosser is so easy to install and loud. I mounted up front before I installed the supercharger but had to mount in a difference place after supercharger install. Found a drilled hole on the front of the engine that took a ?mm bolt. Moved it to that position.

• Don't know what people are looking for but the flosser is so easy to install and loud. I mounted up front before I installed the supercharger but had to mount in a difference place after supercharger install. Found a drilled hole on the front of the engine that took a ?mm bolt. Moved it to that position.

it is a M6 x1 bolt I mounted mine in the same place

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I am trying to do my own thing - dont want the exact same aftermarket horn & sound that other slingshots have - plus $100 for a horn seems crazy especially when a good loud horn can be had for $15 on Amazon or even cheeper if I hit Pick a part and pull it off a wreck

splicing 2 wires and putting a connector isn't that hard

• Okay - meet Micky Da Mouse the do it yourself electrical connector. I surgically removed the connector from the side of the factor POS horn and then soldered on some short wires with female spade connectors. Decided to order a Hella high tone super horn off Amazon - Should be here today

single high tone - - Beep Beep! - - - - - has to be more noticeable than before 8o

Horn cost 15.37, plus tax it was $16.79 - - making my Frankenstein connector cost $0 and about 30 minutes of my time and was actually fun :P

When the horn arrives I will probably just go ahead and mount it right in the stock location, but might fashion a bracket to make it face forward

Was considering scrounging a used horn, but with gas costing what it does these days probably cheeper to go this way

• Now you'll sound like a million others! Lol

most others run both high and low horns - - - so probably not a million 8o

• My horn was delivered and with the little pig tail I made it was about a 5 minute install - fits perfectly right where the factory horn was and sounds much much better

• I even ran the Rivco dual bugle on Sling I but it was not loud enough. Then something happened to one of the horns. I also tried a higher volume compressor.

Im not worried about being super loud. Hell I almost never even honk my horn unless its to get someones attention so I can wave at them. 99% of the times I have ever honked at someone as a warning because they were doing something stupid by the time I had honked they had already done it

Yea, for me a horn is more for things like getting a friends attention if I see them when out riding and I dont need train horns for that.

• I would rather have the TRAIN HORN.

actually many years ago I had a friend who worked for Southern Pacific railroad and he got me a three trumpet set of Nathan Air Chimes off an SP locomotive - they came on a huge manifold with two horns pointed forward and one pointed backward - - I removed them from the manifold and mounted all three separately under the hood of my K5 blazer and I used the AC compressor to supply the air to honk them

I didn't have a tank, but it actually worked out better because sitting at lights with the engine at idle or low rpm when I hit the horn button and the compressor kicked on they would blow very softly almost didn't even work, but at freeway speeds when I honked I got the full train blast - - we used to go up on the 210 freeway by my house where the train tracks ran down the center and when we saw trains I would honk and the trains almost always would wave and honk back

yea - if you really want train horns - get yourself some of these, Nathan air Chime P3 - - they also make 4 and 5 trumpet sets that are used by some of the other railroads scroll down on the linked page and you can see other authentic railroad horns