Which Tires Would U Recommend

• My 2020 R has Kenda 305 30 r20 on it. Fronts aren't bad at all.

Rear definitely needs some attention...

I'm not really looking for a extra sticky performance tire that erases away...

Maybe something along a borderline all weather with some performance...

Without breaking the bank on some 600 Dolla per Michelin's, what would y'all recommend?

• My 2020 R has Kenda 305 30 r20 on it. Fronts aren't bad at all.

Rear definitely needs some attention...

I'm not really looking for a extra sticky performance tire that erases away...

Maybe something along a borderline all weather with some performance...

Without breaking the bank on some 600 Dolla per Michelin's, what would y'all recommend?

Try the search function, you just might find more than you want to read about tires

• That's what I thought! I did use the search function before I asked...just typing Tires, then Best Tires finally Recommended Tires, didn't seem to give me what I wanted...hence the post...

As in u FunC, what is your personal preference?

• That's what I thought! I did use the search function before I asked...just typing Tires, then Best Tires finally Recommended Tires, didn't seem to give me what I wanted...hence the post...

As in u FunC, what is your personal preference?

Right now I am running Riken Raptor's. The new General's are good according to DER, also the Lexani's are said to be good. Look for a softer compound with a tread that will move water. You are new to the Slingshot, so stay out of standing water on the hi-way, it will put off the road with no control. Just stay away from the NITTO 555's

• Thanks!

VV11B40 just said the Raptor does not come in the 305. I personally push the limits on the track and in the mountains, so another thing I look at is tread width (what meets the road). I have not found a tire out there that has the tread width of the stock Kenda, the Kenda is right at 1 inch wider than any tire of the same size that I have found. They do not list this measurement in the tire spec's. They give you the overall width of the tire.

• Right now I am running Riken Raptor's. The new General's are good according to DER, also the Lexani's are said to be good. Look for a softer compound with a tread that will move water. You are new to the Slingshot, so stay out of standing water on the hi-way, it will put off the road with no control. Just stay away from the NITTO 555's

FunCycle I think you must have me confused with someone else. I'm running Toyo tires.

I've never had generals so I can't speak to them but have been happy with my Toyos but wish they still made the T1R tread pattern.

• Okay, very generalized summary and lots of people have differing opinions so I respect that. It's like asking who has the best hamburger - everyone has opinions but it ultimately comes down to what YOU like.

But what you'll find if you search:

• Stock Kenda's are okay for driving around town, but nothing really spirited. Plus you can only get them thru your SS dealer so high $$. You might get lucky and find some take offs. I know our San Antonio dealer sells the 17/18's for $300 (set of 3) and $500 for the 18/20's.
    • NIttos are a good hot weather tire, but downright scary in cold or rain. To the point that most people move away from them (including me).
    • Toyos seem to be pretty good all around but their styles and sizes are limited. I know that the preferred Proxies 888s are sometimes hard to get so many people are running the STs (myself included).
    • Lexani's seem to be popular with the show crowd - see lots of those on 22" & 24" wheels.
    • Lots of other name brands seem to be good and it's often "you get what you pay for". I won't even get into every possible one here. Many time's it's limited to the size availability you want. For example, I'm running a 335 on a 22" rim in the rear. When I looked for replacements, I only found 6 brands carrying that size - 3 of them were brand names and $600+ each, 2 of them were names I have never seen nor could pronounce and were ~$100, I went with the Toyo's at $250 - middle of the line - and been happy with them.
  • FunCycle I think you must have me confused with someone else. I'm running Toyo tires.

I've never had generals so I can't speak to them but have been happy with my Toyos but wish they still made the T1R tread pattern.

I'm running a General G-Max on my rear after seeing them on Goats_Hogs Sling and talking with him in Huntsville. It's been a good all around tire and much better than the Kenda in cool weather. It's already gone as many miles as the Kenda (around 8k) and still as life left. I would buy it again.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Leah Like chavey2 mentioned a lot of. us are running something other than stock sizes.

In many of these set ups the options are very limited. Funinthesun cautioned me about this but I wanted to put as much rubber on the road as possible.

My best advice is to do your homework and decide what YOU want from the tires.

Keep in mind there are always tradeoffs, so depending on what you value your ideal tire is going to be different from others.

Good luck on finding something you like!

• I'm running a General G-Max on my rear after seeing them on Goats_Hogs Sling and talking with him in Huntsville. It's been a good all around tire and much better than the Kenda in cool weather. It's already gone as many miles as the Kenda (around 8k) and still as life left. I would buy it again.

That is who is running the General's, my mistake.

• One other thing I would like to throw out there just for fun. I literally haven't even put 5 miles on it yet, so I have no personal opinion of how the Riken Raptor will actually perform, only time and miles will give me the answer to that, but I do have to say it is without a doubt one of the best looking tires I have seen - just a very cool tread pattern, especially on the rear of the sling 8)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• One other thing I would like to throw out there just for fun. I literally haven't even put 5 miles on it yet, so I have no personal opinion of how the Riken Raptor will actually perform, only time and miles will give me the answer to that, but I do have to say it is without a doubt one of the best looking tires I have seen - just a very cool tread pattern, especially on the rear of the sling 8)

I agree - Just wish they made it in the 'adult' size ;)

hehe

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.