Significent electrical issues a 300 miles

• New Slingshot with about 300 miles. The first fault light was the chassis failure. The second failure light was a brake failure. Headlights are misaligned. On the way to the dealer, the dash alarm lights lit up like a Christmas tree and the SS went into a fail-to-accelerate mode. I got to the dealer and am now waiting for Polaris to troubleshoot with the service tech over the phone. He indicated it is either an open ground somewhere in the system or a defective CPU. Hopefully, it will be resolved in a timely manner.

• I sure hope they solve your problem... Opens can be hard to find..(an open ground applies to house electrical wiring problems.)

Most car electrical opens are the result of a:

• Corroded connection
    • Loose wire
    • Disconnected wire
    • Failed load
    • Blown fuse
    • Burned-out bulb
    • Damaged wire (frayed, chaffed or burnt)

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• They get three times to fix it and then it is replacement time under the Magnuson-Moss federal warranty act.

Welcome but you may want to look in to that a little deeper. In FL motorcycles, the living area of RV's, boats, golf carts/LSV's, off road vehicles, and any vehicle over 10,000 lbs GVW are not covered under the states lemon law.

.......nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• New Slingshot with about 300 miles. The first fault light was the chassis failure. The second failure light was a brake failure. Headlights are misaligned. On the way to the dealer, the dash alarm lights lit up like a Christmas tree and the SS went into a fail-to-accelerate mode. I got to the dealer and am now waiting for Polaris to troubleshoot with the service tech over the phone. He indicated it is either an open ground somewhere in the system or a defective CPU. Hopefully, it will be resolved in a timely manner.

Change the brake switch out to a mechanical switch and throw away the magnetic switch. That will take care of the brake failure light.

• Before you get all excited about Polaris having to buy your machine back, maybe give the dealer an opportunity to solve the problem. It's probably nothing serious, and should be fixed easily. All vehicles are not perfect, unfortunately yours is having a problem, but it's solvable and you'll be back on the road soon!

-Scott

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• Before you get all excited about Polaris having to buy your machine back, maybe give the dealer an opportunity to solve the problem. It's probably nothing serious, and should be fixed easily. All vehicles are not perfect, unfortunately yours is having a problem, but it's solvable and you'll be back on the road soon!

-Scott

I am not excited about the issues and buying back the SS would be my last choice. I am hoping the dealer who I did not purchase it from, and Polaris has an opportunity to correct the problems. I am however not going to purchase a new SS that has failed after only 300 miles have it repaired and then have it fail on numerous occasions in the future. I see on quite a few occasions that Polaris has often had quality control issues with the SS. Although not related, I also have had several major issues with cars I have owned that required litigation to ultimately resolve the problems of bad quality control. If their quality control, testing, and engineering are improved then they might not have these sorts of problems.

• .......man this brings me back to sueing Toyota about my 2002 Toyota sienna........engine light kept coming on no matter what they tried & I offered them an opportunity to buy it back BUT NOOOOOO , so I sued them under the lemon law and got a brand new 2004 one (they couldn't find the color my wife wanted in North America, so they asked if we would wait for a new one built) 8 months later we dropped the old one off and picked up the new one for free and the manager pulled me to side and congratulated me for being persistent and winning.....so I feel your pain but as one singer once said, " Don't worry, Be Happy.....Everything is going to be okay......

• Having a vehicle that is covered by a lemon law issue makes it a LOT cheaper to reach a solution with the manufacturer. Since the Slingshot is not covered by the lemon law, any legal action is going to be MAJORLY expensive. No lawyer would take these cases on a contingency basis, and any quality law firm billable hourly rates would probably start at the $300 per hour for paralegal work on up to the high hundreds per hour for am associate attorney. That alone makes manufacturers less than inclined to settle early on based on simple statements of "I'm going to sue". Trust me on one thing - as a LOT of forum members here know, I was screwed out of close to $10.000 from a Slingshot aftermarket vendor. After speaking with several law firms, the best consideration I was able to receive as an offer to represent me was writing a letter threatening legal action which received no response (Just as I had told them it would). They then returned the remainder of my retainer and said it would end up costing me close to 90% to 95% of my damages with no guarantees of a winning judgement. Plus even if we were to win, the odds of collecting that judgement would take another few thousand dollars. So as much as it sucks, big business is in the drivers seat and could care less about how many unit sales they lose from bad reviews as there are people willing to step up and fill the voids. Not all buyers do their research before tossing their hard earned money at a limited production product. Bottom line. I'm out the original amount plus legal fees and can't even use that loss on my tax return.

I had even thought of starting a go fund me page to raise enough funds to make me whole and any extra funds would be used for some big time partying in Maggie Valley during the next Slingshot event.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• .......man this brings me back to sueing Toyota about my 2002 Toyota sienna........engine light kept coming on no matter what they tried & I offered them an opportunity to buy it back BUT NOOOOOO , so I sued them under the lemon law and got a brand new 2004 one (they couldn't find the color my wife wanted in North America, so they asked if we would wait for a new one built) 8 months later we dropped the old one off and picked up the new one for free and the manager pulled me to side and congratulated me for being persistent and winning.....so I feel your pain but as one singer once said, " Don't worry, Be Happy.....Everything is going to be okay......

Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Official Music Video) - YouTube Music - Bing video

• When my new 2020 R Auto had shifting problems, shifted into neutral on it's own while driving, Polaris didn't not want to buy it back or give me a new one. I put 14 miles on it when I bought it new. Seven home and seven back to the dealer the next morning. Almost 4 months later I got it back fixed. There was like 9 others in the US doing the same thing and they wasn't getting them fixed. After I filled out papers at the dealers that next morning because a F350 about ran over me the DOT and two other organizations took action and along with my dealer and a very smart shop foreman talking with a Polaris engineer tried several things and found it was in the software. Polaris did pay my payment while it was in the shop.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Having a vehicle that is covered by a lemon law issue makes it a LOT cheaper to reach a solution with the manufacturer. Since the Slingshot is not covered by the lemon law, any legal action is going to be MAJORLY expensive. No lawyer would take these cases on a contingency basis, and any quality law firm billable hourly rates would probably start at the $300 per hour for paralegal work on up to the high hundreds per hour for am associate attorney. That alone makes manufacturers less than inclined to settle early on based on simple statements of "I'm going to sue". Trust me on one thing - as a LOT of forum members here know, I was screwed out of close to $10.000 from a Slingshot aftermarket vendor. After speaking with several law firms, the best consideration I was able to receive as an offer to represent me was writing a letter threatening legal action which received no response (Just as I had told them it would). They then returned the remainder of my retainer and said it would end up costing me close to 90% to 95% of my damages with no guarantees of a winning judgement. Plus even if we were to win, the odds of collecting that judgement would take another few thousand dollars. So as much as it sucks, big business is in the drivers seat and could care less about how many unit sales they lose from bad reviews as there are people willing to step up and fill the voids. Not all buyers do their research before tossing their hard earned money at a limited production product. Bottom line. I'm out the original amount plus legal fees and can't even use that loss on my tax return.

I had even thought of starting a go fund me page to raise enough funds to make me whole and any extra funds would be used for some big time partying in Maggie Valley during the next Slingshot event.

The vehicle is not covered under the Lemon Law in Florida, it is however covered under the Federal Magnasun-Moss Federal Warranty Act and is quite effective in getting issues of the nature settled without expense to the owner. Most people don't know about the law.