• Momma is going for a senior VP job, if she gets it, her pension will be even better. Downside is she needs to stay for 3-5 years. If I take this other job, it's at night and all I do is make sure everyone is working. Still have my days to do whatever I want. The funny thing is, I know what the company makes, electrical transformers, but have no idea how to do it. They told me they are looking for a leader not a builder. Just walking through the buildings making sure production is met. I'm 54, soon to be 55, but after fixing a few medical problems I've had, I feel great. Minus the reading glasses I need now, 1.5, I can keep up with my 18-year-old son. That really pisses him off. I exercise semi regularly, pushups, sit ups, a little weight once in a while, I run, not long distance, just a mile or 2 at a time. The 80k I'll make will help get more vehicles and help maintain the ones I have; Insurance is just stupid on 8 vehicles. Plus, I think this job will keep my mind sharp. This position feels right, retirement doesn't. If I want out, I can always get done and no harm. Does this sound dumb?

Bro, I didn't know you were an "early bird" as it were..... Yes, quite possibly at your age I would not retire either.. there is still time (hopefully) to make the real retirement even better....

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Bro, I didn't know you were an "early bird" as it were..... Yes, quite possibly at your age I would not retire either.. there is still time (hopefully) to make the real retirement even better....

Yes early bird is for sure at 55... I worked in a factory and never made big bucks but I did not have kids and that was a blessing for all the toys

I have been able to buy and trips for 20 years renting Harleys all over the country...

Retired at 62 , 10 yrs ago....

.But my accountant for pulling 30k out a year to buy toys was not happy with me..LOL

Not leaving anything for anybody if I can work it out...I worked hard for this money..

But I could not have retired at 55 for sure and would have felt guilty going out that early...

• This chopper is for sale in MA, just a couple hundred miles away. Momma says if I take this job, I can get it:thumbsup: Call it a midlife crisis. That would give me 3 bikes, a 2002 Ninja ZX900R, a 1986 Honda V65 Magna and this one

Product photo of 2004 Big Bear Choppers Venom

• Momma is going for a senior VP job, if she gets it, her pension will be even better. Downside is she needs to stay for 3-5 years. If I take this other job, it's at night and all I do is make sure everyone is working. Still have my days to do whatever I want. The funny thing is, I know what the company makes, electrical transformers, but have no idea how to do it. They told me they are looking for a leader not a builder. Just walking through the buildings making sure production is met. I'm 54, soon to be 55, but after fixing a few medical problems I've had, I feel great. Minus the reading glasses I need now, 1.5, I can keep up with my 18-year-old son. That really pisses him off. I exercise semi regularly, pushups, sit ups, a little weight once in a while, I run, not long distance, just a mile or 2 at a time. The 80k I'll make will help get more vehicles and help maintain the ones I have; Insurance is just stupid on 8 vehicles. Plus, I think this job will keep my mind sharp. This position feels right, retirement doesn't. If I want out, I can always get done and no harm. Does this sound dumb?

Retire while you can still do shit and enjoy it. Like me , while I was working. I could have pretty much made all the over time that I wanted, but the family time was more important. I still managed to have the toys that myself and the two boys wanted. That is after I got rid of the whore that I was married to.

• Retire while you can still do shit and enjoy it. Like me , while I was working. I could have pretty much made all the over time that I wanted, but the family time was more important. I still managed to have the toys that myself and the two boys wanted. That is after I got rid of the whore that I was married to.

I am not touching that with thumbs up or down..Glad you got to enjoy your boys..

my wife and I are both on our 3 rd marriages..

I keep telling her I want a divorce for a quad ..LOL

She said she is staying to get all the toys I acquired..Dam!!!!

• I am not touching that with thumbs up or down..Glad you got to enjoy your boys..

my wife and I are both on our 3 rd marriages..

I keep telling her I want a divorce for a quad ..LOL

She said she is staying to get all the toys I acquired..Dam!!!!

It took me 16 years to figure that out. After I served the divorce papers I really found out what was going on. Then I spend another 16 years with just myself and the boys.

• Well, I've been retired for a couple weeks now and it is kicking my butt. I freaking hate it. I've done everything I can around the house, to include paint rooms, fix an older pellet stove, all cooking and cleaning. I play golf for 2-3 hours a day with my Skytrak simulator,.. plus drink beer. Sounds fun but I'm bored. A local company wants me to run or oversee their second shift,.. 2pm-10pm or 3pm-11pm. I'm up till then anyways, no running of machines, just supervising their work. It includes a credit card, company phone and starts at $80k with all kinds of benefits. I still get my pension so that means I get to spend that on more cars. I think I'll unretire myself for a little while and have a reason to get out of bed. Stay safe everyone

There is always something to do in retirement... just for fun....

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

With both you and your wife bumping things up ... sounds like a good move.

• Well, I've been retired for a couple weeks now and it is kicking my butt. I freaking hate it. I've done everything I can around the house, to include paint rooms, fix an older pellet stove, all cooking and cleaning. I play golf for 2-3 hours a day with my Skytrak simulator,.. plus drink beer. Sounds fun but I'm bored. A local company wants me to run or oversee their second shift,.. 2pm-10pm or 3pm-11pm. I'm up till then anyways, no running of machines, just supervising their work. It includes a credit card, company phone and starts at $80k with all kinds of benefits. I still get my pension so that means I get to spend that on more cars. I think I'll unretire myself for a little while and have a reason to get out of bed. Stay safe everyone

I was retired for a couple months before taking a part time position. Of course I was 51 when I retired so working a low stress part time gig fills some time and let's me bank my pension. No more full time job for me. It is a little different having a job you don't need. Enjoy

• I was retired for a couple months before taking a part time position. Of course I was 51 when I retired so working a low stress part time gig fills some time and let's me bank my pension. No more full time job for me. It is a little different having a job you don't need. Enjoy

A PAYING HOBBY WOULD BE BETTER! I started to do piece work bead blasting old car parts at home but at the time I did not want to do the investment. Also wiring the restored old car/trucks, I did 5 of those.

• I had it all planned out to retire when I was 55. Everything was tracking right where I needed it to when I was in my late 40s.. And then the Slingshot came out. I'm well over $100K in SS (bought 3 of them so far) and related expenses now. Almost $200K if you count the motorhome I bought last year to tow the SS to GTGs. I'm now 57 and look to have at least another 5 yrs before I can retire. (That and my stocks have taken a BEATING the past year. One of my stocks is at 50% of when I bought it.)

• I am looking at going at 55. So in another 1-1/2 yrs. Enjoy my work but the way they manage things now I dont enjoy. Being a industrial millwright with my major in pumps and rotating equipment made my job very rewarding but now its how can we cut costs and just keep things running. Its all about the share holders making money and cut cut cut at the employee level.