New Product - Wilwood front caliper upgrade!

• DDMWorks continues to offer the best brake upgrades for the Polaris Slingshot with our Wilwood front caliper brake upgrade kit.

$749, introductory sale $699

https://www.ddmworks.com/Wilwo…is-Slingshot-_p_3031.html

The stock brake system on the Slingshot is known as a weak point for performance and although just upgrading the brake pads makes a huge difference, this upgrade takes your brakes to another level. The kit uses a 4 piston caliper, mounting bracket and pads that offer a direct bolt on upgrade to the Slingshot with no drilling, cutting or modifications needed. The custom designed bracket even allows the caliper upgrade to install with any stock size rotor*. Fitment over the stock size brake rotor means the kit fits under any stock size wheel or larger we have tested. All together this kit offers you one of the best brake performance upgrades available for your Polaris Slingshot.

The kit uses Wilwood's proven DynaPro series four piston calipers with forged billet bodied DPHA calipers. These calipers provide higher-strength clamping force and positive stopping power compared to other lower quality calipers used in other kits. The Wilwood calipers in our kit also use stainless steel pistons to provide fully balanced pad loading, corrosion resistance and thermal retardant qualities, keeping your calipers cooler and running trouble free for more miles.

The combination of Wilwood caliper and unique DDMWorks bracket is the only kit that allows the use of any stock size rotors, unlike other kits that force you to swap rotors just to install upgraded calipers. This gives you the option to use our DDMWorks 2 piece lightweight rotors, the stock Polaris Slignshot 1 or 2 piece rotors or any other stock size which means more options to customize your ride.

The standard Wilwood pads that come with the kit offer great friction at the operating range and temperature that most customers will run their Slingshot. If you plan on doing track days or want higher performance, we also offer a Hawk pad upgrade as an option.

If you haven't upgraded your rear brake pads yet, we can even include a set of Hawk pads for the rear with the this kit to help keep the braking system more balanced. If you are looking at getting more from this kit, make sure you get a brake master cylinder brace to really firm up the brake pedal.

The standard colors for the calipers are Gloss Black or Gloss Red, but we also offer other powdercoat options in many powdercoat colors we produce on our other Polaris Slingshot parts for an additional charge.

The kit has been tested and shown to clear all the LED wheel rings we have tested here, including those from Zarate Steel Works.

* This brake kit will not fit on rotors that come on the 2022+ Slingshots with the Brembo brake kit, but will fit all other 2015+ Polaris Slingshots with stock size rotors. Stock size rotors are approx. 11.75" in diameter, if you are not sure if you have stock Polaris Slingshot size rotors, contact us, we are happy to help you determine what you have.

FITS: All Years Polaris Slingshot with stock 11.75" diameter rotors Includes 2 Wilwood brake calipers designed around Wilwood's proven DynaPro series four piston calipers with forged billet bodied DPHA calipers. Includes a set Wilwood brake pads for the front calipers with optional pads for the rear Includes Custom mounting bracket allowing simple installation to the Polaris Slingshot with no cutting, drilling or other modifications Includes hardware required for installation Custom Powder coat options available!

$749, introductory sale price of $699https://www.ddmworks.com/Wilwo…is-Slingshot-_p_3031.html

• I just installed the Full Blown Big Brake kit and much less effort pushing to stop the turbo slingshot..

After having 2 Vanderhalls and their brakes are superior to Slingshots.

But you do have more confident stopping the Sligshot with the .4 piston calipers ..Not sure how much the larger Rotors add to stopping??

• dave@ddmworks.com when I click on the instructions on your web site it takes me to the ddm header

That is one issue with posting instructions online, sometimes the website gets a little confused. They reloaded everything this morning though, so it should be good to go at this point, let me know if it still brings up the wrong instructions for you though. Thanks for letting us know also :)

• Dave@DDMWorks

Changed the title of the thread from “New Product -Wilwood front caliper upgrade!” to “New Product - Wilwood front caliper upgrade!”.
  • Dave@DDMWorks from the photos on your website these calipers look like a lower profile than 2015 stock calipers, is that true? My forgestar wheels just barely clear the stock calipers near the hub so I can’t go any bigger but smaller would work.

Which Forgestars do you have, we have a Slingshot here with some on it that I can verify fit. I can also get a comparison of the distance from the rotor to the outside of the caliper for you, which honestly would be great information to share anyway.

• Dave, do you offer sprinkles to the powder coating as an option? :)

I keep forgetting to say thank you for sending the care package, they were wonderful, I ate a couple packs on the flight to get the last batch of 4 wheel kits to keep up my energy :) As for the powdercoat, we do have some sparkle colors that would look great on a Vanderhall ;)

• Which Forgestars do you have, we have a Slingshot here with some on it that I can verify fit. I can also get a comparison of the distance from the rotor to the outside of the caliper for you, which honestly would be great information to share anyway.

I have these, CF5V. Thanks for checking and getting a distance comparison.

• I like the price of the ddm and zzp front calipers. But I really want the ddm big brake kit. Just can't see paying 3500+ for looks. Wish they could come up with a reasonable kit that includes the rear caliper. I'm looking at the Polaris brembo but don't like the looks of the rear caliper. How superficial can I be?

• Dave@DDMWorks from the photos on your website these calipers look like a lower profile than 2015 stock calipers, is that true? My forgestar wheels just barely clear the stock calipers near the hub so I can’t go any bigger but smaller would work.

So good news, based on the measurements I took, if your wheels fit the stock calipers our Wilwood upgrade will clear also.

The Stock calipers extend outward from the rotor face approx 1.75", the Wilwood upgrades extend out from the rotor face approx 1.625". The stock caliper also extends closer to the center of the hub more than the Wilwood caliper.

Let me know if you need any other measurements, but you should be good to go.