2023 year models?

• the way they seem to be so far behind delivering units already ordered it might be awhile before they do an update

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I'm still very much loving my 2016 and really couldn't care less if they ever came another - I got mine :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I've had my 15 since November 14. I've enjoyed owning it since then, even while Polaris has worked thru various recalls. My only reason for looking at 22+ models is to switch to the auto drive version.

Have my 2015sl since December 2014. Guess you beat me to the dealer. I am going on 106k now. I love my 15 and it's even more fun driving since I boosted at 78k. I added the boss radio last year so I could get android auto. Don't even get the itch for a new one.

• Have my 2015sl since December 2014. Guess you beat me to the dealer. I am going on 106k now. I love my 15 and it's even more fun driving since I boosted at 78k. I added the boss radio last year so I could get android auto. Don't even get the itch for a new one.

I put Alpha Turbo on mine new from DYI dealer in mid 2015 and of course with all these body changes since new I

have a whole 6,346 miles on mine to date so I have a lot of catching up to do and stop taking it apart..

But I am happy with it ..LOL...And with low mileage it is 2023 model ..

• FWIW: When I was looking and before I bought my used one a month ago, I talked to dealers about a new S or SL. Two dealers in my area both stated that no new S or SLs can be ordered this year, you will have to get a '23 S or SL. You can still order a new Slingshot higher than SL right now, but for S and SL you have to wait until they start taking '23 MY orders.

• FWIW: When I was looking and before I bought my used one a month ago, I talked to dealers about a new S or SL. Two dealers in my area both stated that no new S or Sis can be ordered this year, you will have to get a '23 S or SL. You can still order a new Slingshot higher than SL right now, but for S and SL you have to wait until they start taking '23 MY orders.

I had the same experience last year, could only order an R model, which was out of the “wife approved “ budget. Then one night I dreamt of a 2021 Stealth Blue R and Judge Reinhold was the salesman. “Afford it??? F****n Finance it”!!! I placed a deposit the next day and took delivery a month later. No regrets :thumbsup:

• To add another dimension to this, Justina and I just got our first up close and personal look at a Vanderhall Carmel last week and were able to compare it to our SlingShot side by side. I must admit that the Vanderhall gave the appearance of being much more sophisticated and refined and for that $40,000 plus to be a better value for the money than a SlingShot at the same price?

Bill

• We work on Vanderhalls at ZZP. They’re small and when two normal sized people are in there you’re shoulder to shoulder. It also doesn’t feel as safe going down the highway next to a semi. I like the way they look but even taking into consideration the “personality quirks” of the slingshot the Vanderhall in my opinion leaves a lot to be desired and the quality and workmanship is pretty sub par. I will say however, the Carmels we see in here seem to have a better quality of materials used to build them from an interior standpoint and are nicer than the original Venice.

I was chasing down an electrical issue in a customers and spoke to Vanderhall directly about getting. The wiring schematics and they said they didn’t have one and not everyone uses the same wire color coding. Hopefully things have changed in the last two years.

We’ve made a few with 200+whp and they’re pretty fun but I still prefer the slingshot.

They’re also very dishonest about their actual power output. I wanna say they rate them at 180hp but GM rates the engine at 135hp and that’s not at the wheels. We had our first one come in the year after they were released and we put it on our dyno to see what it would make stock before all the mods and it made 100whp. The owner was pretty let down as he was expecting to see numbers near 180. I had posted the entire build on a few of the Vanderhall pages showing where it started and where it ended up. Vanderhall called me at ZZP and told me that my numbers didn’t reflect what they advertise and I needed to take the post down or be banned from all the FB groups, which they own and have dealers maintain. It was early in the market and I wanted to play nice so I took the post down. The next day I was banned from every group, the forum, and my FB account had been tagged as spam and I was locked out of it and I was never able to get back in and had to create another one. I ended up creating my own Vanderhall group and reposting everything. It’s a cool product but overpriced for what you get in my opinion. I still like getting them in and making them faster though.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

Edited once, last by Kyle D ().

• I will add since I have owned the slingshot since 2016 and Vanderhall Venice 2017 and purchased a Vanderhall Carmel 2020.

I still own the Slingshot and Vanderahll Carmel..

The Slingshot being 10" inch wider tracking and wider interior feels more sports car riding in it. The steering on Slingshot is

much more desireable for it has more road feel at higher speeds than Vanderhalls that are to senstive .

Almost want to put manual steering. box for higher speed running on Vanderhalls'

I like Vanderhalls in NJ with all the traffic and stop lights but if I go out on long back roads the Slingshot with Alpha Turbo

really shines with curves and more control steering..

But the brakes on Vanderhall are superior to Slingshot and stopping power until I put wildwoods 4 piston on much better stopping on slingshot.

I have been chasing lots of rattles and vibration noises in Vanderhalls and using 3M double sticky tape and pretty close to fixing them.

When I took Slingshot off road to make body and 2 years my wife was pissed but after buying the Carmel with roof that seem

to be her favortite now since Slingshot is back on road with No Roof..

The plastics body panels on both Slingshot and Vanderhall have No Quality with depressions and flaws ..

So when spending this kind of money comes down whet driving style you are going to do.

Crusing I would pick Vanerhall Carmel and hotrodding with turbo I would pick slingshot but with upgraded suspension ,brakes and motor work.

• Our 2019 Honda Ridgeline brand new, with all of it's comfort amenities, cost us $32,000. So, I do not understand anybody being willing to pay $40,000+, or even $30,000+, for a motorcycle? Honestly, if anything ever happened with our SlingShot and we decided to replace it, It would be a first generation model for under $15,000.

Just saying!

Bill