What do you carry

• I was a Ruger fan.... til the LC9 for conceal carry. Liked it in the store, hate it on the targets. Before one box of bullets (50) were fired thru it, the hammer latch spring unseated. As I was firing rounds, I pulled the trigger, felt the "click" but nothing happened. Kept the gun pointed down range of course, looked for a jam, which there wasnt, I dropped the mag.. pull the slide back and the bullet sat pretty. Upon dropping that round out, noticed it had been struck by the firing pin. Nothing appeared to be broken by appearance, reloaded, and the trigger would not pull. Long story short, customer service at Ruger was excellent. They would fix it free of charge, and had a turn around time of 3 to 9 weeks X/
    However @airoutlaw, field stripped it, and found and fixed the problem before i ever hung up with Ruger. <3
    A reliable weapon 100% of the time, it is not. So far its 99%. Havent had a spring issue again, but its still unreliable in my view.. totally disappointed with my purposeful purchase of a concealed carry weapon from my (was) favorite gun maker. :thumbdown:

My nephew had the same problem with his LC9 Ruger fixed it but it took 2 months.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• I've been looking at this one. I am a 1911 fan (bordering fanatic even), and this one keeps drawing me back. I have a full size Kimber, which is a really nice shooter, but this would be for carry. I've never owned a Sig Sauer, opinions? This is the Nightmare personal carry model. 8+1 and will also accept the standard 7 mag, which I have many of.

I carry the SIG P226 in 40 cal. Love the way this pistol feels and shoots. I carried a Springfield 45 cal for years, but love having the extra clip capacity with the SIG

• I keep this one by my bedside for home defense at night..... alternate chambers with 45 round and 410 shotgun round. Too damn heavy to carry concealed. I carry a Bersa 380 cc or a SCCY 9mm when I'm out

I have the S&W Governor, same basic weapon. It's loaded with Hornady Critical Defense .410 triple threat shells. .380 S&W Bodyguard is my current carry.

@Guardian_Angel, I'm like you on the Ruger. I love most of their offerings, but it only has to let me down once, and I'll question it in the back of my mind forever after. For my carry weapon, should I ever need it, up to that point it must be 100%. In a life and death situation, I don't want the last thing I hear to be the click with no bang...

@av8ingtom, extra capacity is nice. That said, the weapon will normally get wider and wider, and harder to conceal. Also, I'm trying to stay with the ammo selections I have, and I don't have anything in a .40. I normally carry one or two mags separate on me somewhere, and if the 8 + 1 won't do it, I'm in pretty big trouble anyway! I have a Kimber Crimson Trace like the one below. I can carry it if I will have on a jacket or vest, but difficult to conceal comfortably otherwise.

• What you mean MIM parts @gpcustoms??? Gently used?!? :P

Metal Injected Moulding, MIM.
    Aha,.....I typed this all up and my grey cells just saw the irony MIM about the word MIM. Which makes one ponder which MIM we could be talking about MIM. If thats not trouble enough just imagine what would happen if we picked up the wrong MIM :00007956:
    You will find lots of MIM parts in firearms now days such as the slide safety latches,hammer, sear and palm safety on a 1911 just as an example of a loved firearm we all know. Anything can be substituted for a MIM part :00006725: Some manufacturers use a higher percentage than others. Sig uses a low percentage as does Springfield Armory, Good thing is there are plenty of precision replacement parts like sears and hammers etc.....
    MIM parts are far cheaper than machining complex shapes. Ed Brown is one of many custom Smiths that have real machined precision metal parts. Love his perfect sear and triggers sets :00009068:
    Don't get me wrong some MIM parts are far better than the old cast days but I prefer real machined parts because Im getting old and cantankerous :00007510:

• Metal Injected Moulding, MIM.Aha,.....I typed this mall up and my grey cells just saw the irony MIM about the word MIM. Which makes one ponder which MIM we could be talking about MIM. If thats not trouble enough just imagine what would happen if we picked up the wrong MIM :00007956:
    You will find lots of MIM parts in firearms now days such as the slide, safety latches,hammer, sear and palm safety on a 1911 just as an example of a loved firearm we all know. Anything can be substituted for a MIM part :00006725: Some manufacturers use a higher percentage than others. Sig uses a low percentage as does Springfield Armory, Good thing is there are plenty of precision replacement parts like sears and hammers etc.....
    MIM parts are far cheaper than machining complex shapes. Ed Brown is one of many custom Smiths that have real machined precision metal parts. Love his perfect sear and triggers sets :00009068:
    Don't get me wrong some MIM parts are far better than the old cast days but I prefer real machined parts because Im getting old and cantankerous :00007510:

@gpcustoms I'm going to concur with your assessment of Ed Brown firearms (top shelf stuff)! I shot an Alpha Elite at the range a few years back (the guy next to me was kind enough to let me empty a clip from his ~> lol, he must have taken pity on me because I was drooling). Well, I was so impressed with how tight the slide-play was and it's accuracy (these guns are dam accurate I tell ya), that I was considering getting an Alpha Carry (with G4 coating) as my main conceal carry.

Cost was a factor at the time so I didn't pull the trigger... But would get one today if I wasn't happy with my current Colt Mustang Pocketlite. Side note: I don't care much about marking up a showpiece like this by making it my daily carry ~> I want performance when needed... and these guns truly don't disappoint!

*That said, I'm currently in the market for a bullpup and would love some suggestions... (I know, I know, this is a carry thread... but a few suggestions couldn't hurt right)?! :P THIS (on my radar): Tavor SAR-IDF IDF16

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• @gpcustoms I'm going to concur with your assessment of Ed Brown firearms (top shelf stuff)! I shot an Alpha Elite at the range a few years back (the guy next to me was kind enough to let me empty a clip from his ~> lol, he must have taken pity on me because I was drooling). Well, I was so impressed with how tight the slide-play was and it's accuracy (these guns are dam accurate I tell ya), that I was considering getting an Alpha Carry (with G4 coating) as my main conceal carry.
    Cost was a factor at the time so I didn't pull the trigger... But would get one today if I wasn't happy with my current Colt Mustang Pocketlite. Side note: I don't care much about marking up a showpiece like this by making it my daily carry ~> I want performance when needed... and these guns truly don't disappoint!

*That said, I'm currently in the market for a bullpup and would love some suggestions... (I know, I know, this is a carry thread... but a few suggestions couldn't hurt right)?! :P THIS (on my radar): Tavor SAR-IDF IDF16

I like Wolf's recommendation. Anytime you can get opinions from off the shelf or builds is a good source for reviews etc.
    As a CRSO everyone at my range lets me shoot their stuff(like giving the teacher an apple) :00009068:
    Firearms are my crack :00007510:

• Firearms are my crack :00007510:

I'm right there with you, brother. That's one of my earliest memories, learning about guns. It's a lifelong passion of mine. I would say it's one of only two or three things that I consider myself well enough versed in that my opinion or advice on the topic is worth anything. :00008172:

• I can see some crazy things coming with this. The video of the killing the other day on YouTube is nothing compared to what might happen now. I've seen this bullet first hand and it is really cool.

O... M... G... Freak'in sweet!!

But yes, I agree with you @Shatneyman ~> it'll be interesting to see how people utilize this newfound technology (will it be used as intended or for something a little more sinister)? *I hope the former, but expect the latter...

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• But yes, I agree with you @Shatneyman ~> it'll be interesting to see how people utilize this newfound technology (will it be used as intended or for something a little more sinister)? *I hope the former, but expect the latter...

I can see someone just shoot in the air to see how far it goes or worse. $10.00 per bullet, no idea how the camera runs, or the shelf life of it. Love to get a few. :thumbup:

• @gpcustoms I'm going to concur with your assessment of Ed Brown firearms (top shelf stuff)! I shot an Alpha Elite at the range a few years back (the guy next to me was kind enough to let me empty a clip from his ~> lol, he must have taken pity on me because I was drooling). Well, I was so impressed with how tight the slide-play was and it's accuracy (these guns are dam accurate I tell ya), that I was considering getting an Alpha Carry (with G4 coating) as my main conceal carry.

There is a Bull Pup hand gun, made by Bond Arms