What do you carry

• @Goats_Hogs If your willing to foot a slightly larger price tag... The CQB Compact is (IMHO), the best single-stack 1911 for carrying that I've ever fired!

CQB Compact

*when chambered in .45 ACP ~> I shot quarter clusters at 50 feet!

Thanks Erica. I looked at those also, but have not had one in my hands as of yet. I'll only be going .45 ACP for whatever I get, so that is good to know! I will research this one more. It looks like the same as my Kimber, it's not as easy to break down in the field as the Sig. It appears to need a special tool to break it down, while the original 1911 design was meant to break down for cleaning with only your hands. Probably not a big deal, but it is a pet peeve of mine. I'm OCD that way....

• I've been looking at this one. I am a 1911 fan (bordering fanatic even), and this one keeps drawing me back. I have a full size Kimber, which is a really nice shooter, but this would be for carry. I've never owned a Sig Sauer, opinions? This is the Nightmare personal carry model. 8+1 and will also accept the standard 7 mag, which I have many of.

Very nice and a series 80 slide no doubt :00000436: Great quality manufacturer!
    A friend of mine in Texas came across this interesting knife @ M1911. Takes standard grips and no matter how many 1911s you own there is always spare grips :00005129:

• I bought a Sig P238 Titanium as C/C for the wife. She is in love with it, and as others have said......totally flawless, and by far the easiest slide action ever!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I've been looking at this one. I am a 1911 fan (bordering fanatic even), and this one keeps drawing me back. I have a full size Kimber, which is a really nice shooter, but this would be for carry. I've never owned a Sig Sauer, opinions? This is the Nightmare personal carry model. 8+1 and will also accept the standard 7 mag, which I have many of.

Great reputation, good gun. @ericastar76 is right, the Wilson Combat is a nice piece, but think about how much ammo (or Sling parts) you can buy for the sales price. And for daily carry....its kinda like buying a Porsche Cayenne and stuffing it off into the williwacks on some logging trail. You can, but why?

If you like that Sig, get it. High probability you won't regret it.

• Sig's price for list is $1,244. My local gun shop quoted me $975. Seems like a very good piece at a really decent price. I agree with you @KayTwo, on the daily carry. While it will be maintained well, it will also not be a show piece... that comes with the everyday carry. As long as I like the gun, the price isn't the issue, within reason. This one falls well within the balance of "reasonable" (not cheap, many of those in both price and quality are out there) and "reliable" for what I plan to use it for.

• These are my carry guns sig p938 9mm and Kimber ultra carry cdp II 45 I carry the sig more because of the size I can put it in a pocket ( pocket holster ) inside waist or outside. The Kimber is more my cold weather carry as its easier to cover with coats. The Kimber is by far my favorite to shoot as it is deadly accurate.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• These are my carry guns sig p938 9mm and Kimber ultra carry cdp II 45 I carry the sig more because of the size I can put it in a pocket ( pocket holster ) inside waist or outside. The Kimber is more my cold weather carry as its easier to cover with coats. The Kimber is by far my favorite to shoot as it is deadly accurate.

Now that right there... is one pretty looking Kimber! :love:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

Those are almost exactly my wife's two primary carry guns. Take that as you will.... :P

• I was a Ruger fan.... til the LC9 for conceal carry. Liked it in the store, hate it on the targets. Before one box of bullets (50) were fired thru it, the hammer latch spring unseated. As I was firing rounds, I pulled the trigger, felt the "click" but nothing happened. Kept the gun pointed down range of course, looked for a jam, which there wasnt, I dropped the mag.. pull the slide back and the bullet sat pretty. Upon dropping that round out, noticed it had been struck by the firing pin. Nothing appeared to be broken by appearance, reloaded, and the trigger would not pull. Long story short, customer service at Ruger was excellent. They would fix it free of charge, and had a turn around time of 3 to 9 weeks X/
    However @airoutlaw, field stripped it, and found and fixed the problem before i ever hung up with Ruger. <3
    A reliable weapon 100% of the time, it is not. So far its 99%. Havent had a spring issue again, but its still unreliable in my view.. totally disappointed with my purposeful purchase of a concealed carry weapon from my (was) favorite gun maker. :thumbdown:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)