Polaris charging me 5% more

• I have a Polaris ATV on order. I paid $500 down and been waiting a month so far for them to even start to build it. Today I get this in my email.

POLARIS
    Donald, Rapidly rising costs are impacting Polaris across the global supply chain, including pressure from raw materials, components, logistics and transportation. Given the continued costs in these areas, the current MSRP has been valid through 3/31/2022. Our records indicate you currently have a Sportsman 570 Trail - Onyx Black on order placed through HOLESHOT POWERSPORTS. We are making every effort to minimize the MSRP increase for customers with a unit on order. Your existing order will receive a maximum MSRP increase of approximately 5% plus a minimal increase in logistical surcharges, while units that are not pre-ordered will receive a larger increase. Please note that you will need to refer to your dealer for final pricing. Our aim is to deliver the best customer experience for our riders, so this decision to update pricing is not one we take lightly. From our design engineers, to our supply chain team, to the men and women on our production floor building RANGERs, RZRs, Sportsmans, GENERALs and more, every member of this team is focused on navigating these unique and challenging times so we can deliver high quality vehicles to you and get you out riding. Your dealer has been notified that your order is limited to a MSRP increase of no more than 5%. MSRP excludes destination and handling fees, tax, title, license, and registration, and we also know you may have worked with your dealer on the final price. Therefore, your dealer will follow up with you in the coming week to discuss your specific order. You may also contact your dealer directly should you have immediate questions regarding your order. We are deeply appreciative that you have chosen to ride with us and be a part of our Polaris family.
      orv_headline_steve_sign_2203.jpg – Steve Menneto President Polaris Off‑Road Vehicles

This is BS and I am going to tell the dealer what they can do with their ATV. My Invoice has the price listed on it.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I have a Polaris ATV on order. I paid $500 down and been waiting a month so far for them to even start to build it. Today I get this in my email.

POLARIS
    Donald, Rapidly rising costs are impacting Polaris across the global supply chain, including pressure from raw materials, components, logistics and transportation. Given the continued costs in these areas, the current MSRP has been valid through 3/31/2022. Our records indicate you currently have a Sportsman 570 Trail - Onyx Black on order placed through HOLESHOT POWERSPORTS. We are making every effort to minimize the MSRP increase for customers with a unit on order. Your existing order will receive a maximum MSRP increase of approximately 5% plus a minimal increase in logistical surcharges, while units that are not pre-ordered will receive a larger increase. Please note that you will need to refer to your dealer for final pricing. Our aim is to deliver the best customer experience for our riders, so this decision to update pricing is not one we take lightly. From our design engineers, to our supply chain team, to the men and women on our production floor building RANGERs, RZRs, Sportsmans, GENERALs and more, every member of this team is focused on navigating these unique and challenging times so we can deliver high quality vehicles to you and get you out riding. Your dealer has been notified that your order is limited to a MSRP increase of no more than 5%. MSRP excludes destination and handling fees, tax, title, license, and registration, and we also know you may have worked with your dealer on the final price. Therefore, your dealer will follow up with you in the coming week to discuss your specific order. You may also contact your dealer directly should you have immediate questions regarding your order. We are deeply appreciative that you have chosen to ride with us and be a part of our Polaris family.
      orv_headline_steve_sign_2203.jpg – Steve Menneto President Polaris Off‑Road Vehicles

This is BS and I am going to tell the dealer what they can do with their ATV. My Invoice has the price listed on it.

Wow, a deal is a deal. Things are getting crazy! Hope between all parties it can be worked out but as a customer you made a deal and as a business Polaris and the dealer made a deal. It should be honored upon the terms and not at your expense.

• It would seem to me that if you have a written agreement with your dealer that states the final price then that should be the price you pay - - its a contract and if Polaris raised their cost then they should have to eat it - - you have a deal and they should stick to it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Those letters went out to everyone buying their products. I'm in some other Polaris groups on FB and people have been posting those letters left and right and everybody is rightfully pissed. Allegedly, their revenue is up 25% but profit is down 56% due to the increase in cost of materials and labor. I'm no lawyer but maybe Bill Martin can grace us with some knowledge here. It would seem to me that you went there and created legal contract essentially where both companies agreed upon a price for a specific piece of inventory. I'd be curious to know the legalities of Polaris being able to just send out letters saying "Hey thanks for buying this vehicle that we said we were going to sell you for X amount of dollars but we are now going to raise the price and you are going to owe an additional 5%." Maybe because the unit is not built yet or there was only a deposit and not paid in full? I don't know but I would be curious to know if they in fact do have some sort of legal loophole to do that. Either way it sucks you even have to deal with that.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I hate to say this, but we are seeing this across the board in every industry. I'm in supply chain, buying $100's of Millions per year. The number of "Retroactive" price increases this year is just ridiculous. I have material that I received on consignment in the middle of 2021 that I'm now being told a 10-15% increase - for what is already in my warehouse!

I'm sure lawyers can give you better legal advice, but right now it's a take-it-or-leave-it situation where the supplier is breaking the contracts and just saying "Sue us."

• I would like to see the sales agreement fine print.

This is also happening across the RV market. Custom coach orders that would typically take 3-4 months to build are taking 9-12 months and customers (some who already traded in or sold their old rigs and secured loans for the new) are having dealers inform them of thousands, to tens of thousands of $$$ in mandatory price increases over the price when ordered to take delivery or they forfeit the order. All legal according to the sales order and the dealerships are selling them quick for even higher prices when refused. It has stalled the market and will hurt them for a long time but it isn't stopping them from doing it.

........ bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• So, now an agreed on and signed contract is not a contract.

We need to remember the greed of companies after this current turmoil is over.

I have wanted to buy a new car for the last year or two. Seeing "ADDED DEALER PROFIT on the MSRP stickers just persuades me wait until their lots are overflowing, then see how they like a barbed wire enema.

• So, now an agreed on and signed contract is not a contract.

We need to remember the greed of companies after this current turmoil is over.

I have wanted to buy a new car for the last year or two. Seeing "ADDED DEALER PROFIT on the MSRP stickers just persuades me wait until their lots are overflowing, then see how they like a barbed wire enema.

Just more reason to buy used if u can.

• Everybody is on the right track here. Orangeman is correct - the signed contact would have to be gone over with a fine tooth comb to see if you have legal grounds for a course of action. chavey2 statement that his suppliers have said “sue me”. My best guess is they have run the numbers and worst case scenario they have to give you the product at a profit agreed upon originally - just not as big a profit if you cancel and they sell to someone else. How many people are going to actually go through all the time and expense of a lawsuit for a small recovery unless you could prove Deceptive Trade Practices or Breach of Fiduciary Duty for treble damages. Finally openair is right - companies are greedy and will soak you for every penny they can - behind the nice face companies pay millions of dollars in publicity to make you think they care - they are in the boardroom figuring out how they can squeeze every nickel they can out of ya !!!! I really can’t blame em - that is really what capitalism is all about with no better system anywhere!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• chavey2 statement that his suppliers have said “sue me”. My best guess is they have run the numbers and worst case scenario they have to give you the product at a profit agreed upon originally - just not as big a profit if you cancel and they sell to someone else. How many people are going to actually go through all the time and expense of a lawsuit for a small recovery unless you could prove Deceptive Trade Practices or Breach of Fiduciary Duty for treble damages.

Exactly right. I work for a contract manufacturer for a major OEM so I work on a cost-plus basis. Simply, I get paid for the new higher price and they pass along that increase to their customer too. The alternative is not getting any parts, suing with lawyers, and MAYBE get a settlement 7-10 yrs down the road. At which time I'm bankrupt. And in my industry, I've figured it out - it's $1 Million per HOUR. That new price isn't going to add up to that.

• Exactly right. I work for a contract manufacturer for a major OEM so I work on a cost-plus basis. Simply, I get paid for the new higher price and they pass along that increase to their customer too. The alternative is not getting any parts, suing with lawyers, and MAYBE get a settlement 7-10 yrs down the road. At which time I'm bankrupt. And in my industry, I've figured it out - it's $1 Million per HOUR. That new price isn't going to add up to that.

Sadly, your suppliers figured it out first 😩

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Sadly, your suppliers figured it out first 😩

Yep, it's definitely a sellers market right now. A couple years ago, I negotiated Consignments, Kanbans, Just-In-Time Delivery, and really long extended payment terms (measured in months, not days). Just today I had to cancel my 3rd JIT program just this year because we couldn't be guaranteed delivery from the supplier. I'm now having to build up inventory and place POs for 2023 usage already.

• Well I am just a little depressed I was so looking forward to this ATV as my knees have gotten real bad. It would really help not having to make a long walk to a blind. I am just a little apprehensive about buying used. With a item like a ATV you just don't know how hard it has been ridden and I don't want it sitting in a repair shop during deer season.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

POLARIS

i would cancel the order. Period

• With all of this going on , I do not think that I will be in a hurry to sell Sling I. Wait, maybe now instead of lowering the price, I can raise the price and sell it. YES, it is still for sale.

from what I am seeing I think I could get more for my 2016 right now than I could have 3 years ago.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Us dealers knew about the 5% increase back in November. We've been educating our customers on the fact of if it ships after a certain date it will get the 5% increase. 99% of our customers understand and have still been placing orders since that day. If your dealer did NOT inform you about this at the time of you placing your order - the dealer is the problem, not Polaris. Cancel your order if you want, but bottom line, find a reputable dealer next time.

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's