Bullett speed canvas top for tall people

• hi everyone,i have searched and can’t find exactly what I’m looking for. I have a 2017 sl and really like the bullet speed v back top but curious as to how easy it is to get in and out of it being that I’m 6ft4 and 295lbs. I don’t have anyone local to be able to sit in one and try it out. I’m not interested in any other top except the v back. Also if you are over 6ft and have one installed can you post a pic with you in it for comparison. Thanks

• For what it's worth I'm 5'8" and the top does make a great assist getting in and out for me. It may be different for your height? I'm posting for a different reason. I love the top and the look, but I like the open cockpit. I have a 1st gen, 2017 navy blue. Not sure your color due to lighting. Or where you are located? I live in South Jersey and have this top in really good condition. Willing to sell for $500 & will help install but not willing to pack and ship.

• For what it's worth I'm 5'8" and the top does make a great assist getting in and out for me. It may be different for your height? I'm posting for a different reason. I love the top and the look, but I like the open cockpit. I have a 1st gen, 2017 navy blue. Not sure your color due to lighting. Or where you are located? I live in South Jersey and have this top in really good condition. Willing to sell for $500 & will help install but not willing to pack and ship.

i have the same color and year as you do. I’m in Kentucky. I wish you were closer. Is yours a Bullett speed top?

• The general shape of the BS and Twist Dynamics Tops are very similar with the difference being how each top attaches to the roll hoops. You should be able to get an idea of how the BS top will feel getting in and out is you can find a TD top-equipped Slingshot near you. SlingshotOnly (https://slingshotonly.com/collections/tops-and-enclosures) is in Sarasota, FL, South of Tampa Bay, if you're going to be anywhere near there on vacation. They sell both the BS and TD Tops, so you might find Slingshots there with both tops.

• The general shape of the BS and Twist Dynamics Tops are very similar with the difference being how each top attaches to the roll hoops. You should be able to get an idea of how the BS top will feel getting in and out is you can find a TD top-equipped Slingshot near you. SlingshotOnly (https://slingshotonly.com/collections/tops-and-enclosures) is in Sarasota, FL, South of Tampa Bay, if you're going to be anywhere near there on vacation. They sell both the BS and TD Tops, so you might find Slingshots there with both tops.

while I’m in Florida i will be going by bullett speed and buying a top for it. They are going to install it for free for me. I was hoping that maybe some fellow riders who are tall could give me some insight on ease of getting in and out of it with the top. I did find a fairly local guy that’s going to let me check his out though. Thanks

• I'm going to agree. I'm only 6' - but I'm very tall in the torso. My head comes right up to the bottom of the roll bar and many of the solid frame tops were actually BELOW my sightline. I can't even fit under the stock Slingshade top - my head hits.

I ended up going with the TD Gull Wing as it cleared my head and I could see streetlights through the lexan if needed.

My recommendation is to go to a show with lots of SS and try all the different roofs. I'm sure many people will let you climb in theirs to see how you like getting in. That's how I ultimately decided on the TD GW myself.

• hi everyone,i have searched and can’t find exactly what I’m looking for. I have a 2017 sl and really like the bullet speed v back top but curious as to how easy it is to get in and out of it being that I’m 6ft4 and 295lbs. I don’t have anyone local to be able to sit in one and try it out. I’m not interested in any other top except the v back. Also if you are over 6ft and have one installed can you post a pic with you in it for comparison. Thanks

As you can see from comments, we all have different needs. Part of it is how you built and how you can move. Try one if possible before buying.

• As you can see from comments, we all have different needs. Part of it is how you built and how you can move. Try one if possible before buying.

Agree. Given the cost of any of the tops, buying the wrong one can be an expensive learning experience. Definitely go by Bullet Speed and see what it's like getting in and out with the Top. I strongly recommend doing the same when considering any other top.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I am 6’4” / 235 and bought my sling with the bullet speed top. Drove it home and it was the first thing off and sold. Hard for me to see and get in and out.

That being said I was impressed with its quality, fit and finish it was just not for me.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎