Pedal Commander

• Can the Pedal Commander be used on a turbo set up?

Are the worth the money?

I was considering getting the Pedal Commander for now, but am definitely adding a turbo or SC this winter.
    did not want to buy it if it would not work for me with a boosted set up down the road.
    thanks.

• Welcome to the forum. I'd say your best bet to go boosted would be to talk to Dave@DDMWORKS He sells both turbos as well as superchargers. Those who have bought either one are happy with their choice. I'm sure Dave has a preference to the power output of his supercharger. He also could advise you on the PC with a boosted engine. I'm not for it, but that's just me and I have never used one so it's based on feedback not real world driving. Good luck over the winter

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Can the Pedal Commander be used on a turbo set up?

Are the worth the money?

I was considering getting the Pedal Commander for now, but am definitely adding a turbo or SC this winter.
    did not want to buy it if it would not work for me with a boosted set up down the road.
    thanks.

I am not going to get in this argument again, but I would tell to "DO NOT USE THE PEDAL COMMAANDER WITH A TURBO" It is bad enough with a NA Sling.

• Had Pedal Maxx not PC, but basically do the same thing just do it differently. Took off with Turbo, could burn the clutch enough on my own. Kinda wish I'd of kept now to try on SC with power not hitting all at once. Just save for SC will be a lot happier!

• Had Pedal Maxx not PC, but basically do the same thing just do it differently. Took off with Turbo, could burn the clutch enough on my own. Kinda wish I'd of kept now to try on SC with power not hitting all at once. Just save for SC will be a lot happier!

I still have it installed on Sling I but is all the to the bottom. Even so it can still get you in trouble on a NA Sling. I cannot get in the footwell with my back to take it off.

• I am not going to get in this argument again, but I would tell to "DO NOT USE THE PEDAL COMMAANDER WITH A TURBO" It is bad enough with a NA Sling.

when you say “bad enough with a NA Sling”

What do you mean by that? Is it not good/recommend on a NA Sling?

Do you feel that it is not good either way?

Just curious because I see lots of positive reviews on it, but I would love to hear what people who have it really think of it?

Thanks for all of the replies.

• My pedal commander is in a drawer in my bedroom. At first I liked it made it feel snappy, but in the end I think it’s just an illusion not real performance gain and the illusion comes at a cost of less control. Don’t get me wrong it’s fun, and if you have really crappy reaction time it might even help. Just not for me. Too touchy for my daily driving

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• when you say “bad enough with a NA Sling”

Just curious because I see lots of positive reviews on it, but I would love to hear what people who have it really think of it?

If you like to drive fast on crooked roads, it can and will hurt you if you are not "REAL" careful. There is a thread on here already that beats this to death

• when you say “bad enough with a NA Sling”

Its good. I enjoy it on my sling. Im N/A though I do not know on a turbo sling. Some people have had not so good experiences with it, others love it. It does make a difference in pedal lag and gives you faster "reaction" time when you push the pedal.

• I Like Edward Neal have mine sitting in a box and not on the sling. I have mixed feelings about it and really don’t see me putting it back on again.

SoCal - I find it a bit funny, before your accident when you still had your classic gray slingshot there was a short period of time when I considered giving you my pedal commander, but before I could make the offer your incident happened and you no longer could use it.

These days I have come to the conclusion that its going to stay in the drawer and that I can not in good conscience give someone something I have come to believe could greatly increase the risk of an accident - - Seriously, I look at the accident you had, I it just seems that having the pedal commander makes the possibility of things like that happening much more likely

and to anyone reading this - please dont ask, I will not change my mind

• SoCal - I find it a bit funny, before your accident when you still had your classic gray slingshot there was a short period of time when I considered giving you my pedal commander, but before I could make the offer your incident happened and you no longer could use it.

These days I have come to the conclusion that its going to stay in the drawer and that I can not in good conscience give someone something I have come to believe could greatly increase the risk of an accident - - Seriously, I look at the accident you had, I it just seems that having the pedal commander makes the possibility of things like that happening much more likely

and to anyone reading this - please dont ask, I will not change my mind

This is the one thing that we agree on. I also will not give away or sell mine either, because I consider the pedal commander or the other one a safety issue.

• This is the one thing that we agree on. I also will not give away or sell mine either, because I consider the pedal commander or the other one a safety issue.

FunCycle I agree - as you know at first I liked it, even had some friendly disagreements with you on the subject, I guess that due to our drastically different driving conditions and driving styles it just took me longer to see what you had already discovered.

But anyway, I will say it, I was wrong and you were right - - I may be old and stubborn, but if I cant admit my mistakes then I cant learn 8o

• Now back to the OP's original question:

I have both the PC and DDMs Stage 1 Turbo.

Yes, you can use them both. They are independent systems.

Yes, they can get you into trouble REAL quick. I have learned to drive with an egg between my foot and the pedal.

Yes, I have mine turned down quite a bit too - just a couple settings higher than stock, but not any where close to extreme (I will have to see what the actual setting is next time I go out).

Worth the money is a personal question. I've got some really expensive stuff that was worth every penny and more. I've got cheap stuff that was just a waste.

Realize that the PC is just a foot multiplier. All it does is take the input from your foot and gas pedal and multiplies it to go to the ECM. So instead of you having to mash down hard you only have to push a little bit. If you do mash down to WOT, all you're going to do is spin your rear tire. That's why people say don't use it in the twistees coming out of corners but I have learned to control mine pretty easily.

• The problem is when it supprizes you and it will

• My accident happened on a light rain day thank goodness on a back road with nobody on it. All nannies were off and after a year of no rain- rear tire smack dab in the “oil” lane …. Hairpin turn.. Well things happen. With the “touchyness” of the PC had I had it it would have not helped at all. On my new SS it was fun for a month or so but times have changed-in a good way 😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• My accident happened on a light rain day thank goodness on a back road with nobody on it. All nannies were off and after a year of no rain- rear tire smack dab in the “oil” lane …. Hairpin turn.. Well things happen. With the “touchyness” of the PC had I had it it would have not helped at all. On my new SS it was fun for a month or so but times have changed-in a good way 😎

that's kind of what I discovered, but without it getting to the point of an accident. With my slingshot being my daily driver there were several times when I was on wet roads or even going through an intersection with water and the touchiness would easily kick the back out - after a few times it became abundantly clear that at speed on a twisty road the PC would just asking for trouble - on straight freeways when needing to pass or something it might help a bit but that's about it in my view and just not worth the increased risk in other conditions.