MPG Observation

• I have been using the Grasshopper pretty consistently recently as my daily ride, (40 miles each way), and it has been interesting observing the MPG. When it was colder I was operating with the MeanSling Sport Top where the gauge showed 27MPG or thereabouts. As it has warmed I have removed the top and since the MPG has been averaging 28MPG or slightly higher, which I can see the top creating extra drag. Now today I mounted the roll bar packs and loaded them down with lunch and beverages for a couple of hundred mile round robin, plus there was Justina and Athena, and the MPG jumped to over 31MPG. Now, wouldn't you think that with the extra weight and extra drag from the bags should have affected the MPG quite the opposite?

Bill

• I noticed a mileage drop when I added the top.

also see a difference when the fuel switches from summer to winter blends.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• LOL, just to head things off at the pass, we obviously did not buy the SlingShot for it's fuel mileage, It's just curious what does seem to affect it however! A little additional info where when used as a daily ride I typically just set the cruise control, today there was lots of twisties and throttle manipulation......................

Bill

• I was barely able to get 25 on SS#2 without a roof.

When I got SS #3 with the roof, I was averaging about 22.

Now with the turbo, well, let's just say that 1st digit isn't a 2 any more. But my smile can almost reach my ears! :D

And some people know my anger about the one time I got 34 mpg. I will never ride with that group again.

• I know --- you picked up and carried half the way.

• LOL, just to head things off at the pass, we obviously did not buy the SlingShot for it's fuel mileage, It's just curious what does seem to affect it however! A little additional info where when used as a daily ride I typically just set the cruise control, today there was lots of twisties and throttle manipulation......................

Bill

Truer words never spoken...

I'm getting about 26 on the sling that weighs about 1800lbs (with gull wing top) compared to my Kia Soul which has been getting better than 33mpg pulling about 4,000lbs.

• I am getting 28 on my 2020 R but then the tack has never been over 4500 or the speedometer over 65.

Hmmm wonder how others report 40+? I've always got 35mpg with my 2015sl and people wondered how. Well I'm not a lead foot person most of the time. I'm getting 29/30 driving normally since I've supercharged. So all I can deduce from this is riding style.