Security lights w/camera

• Hello All, can anyone shed some knowledge on which security exterior camera with lights? Preferably WiFi-AC hook up with a pan and tilt option. :thumbsup:
    I have one at the moment, but not pleased As it doesn’t record movement unless you hit the record button when notified of movement. ||

• I use Ring stick up cameras and doorbell. I have a total of 6 cameras plus the doorbell. Before this I tried several other brands and either had equipment issues or other problems. I really like the Ring products they have worked great and the motion record settings are very customizable. They do make an AC powered light / camera, but it does not pan / tilt . One thing I like about Ring is that being an Amazon owned brand I know the company will most likely be around for a long time. One of the cameras I tried the company went under and completely abandoned the software system making the cameras worthless

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I use Ring stick up cameras and doorbell. I have a total of 6 cameras plus the doorbell. Before this I tried several other brands and either had equipment issues or other problems. I really like the Ring products they have worked great and the motion record settings are very customizable. They do make an AC powered light / camera, but it does not pan / tilt . One thing I like about Ring is that being an Amazon owned brand I know the company will most likely be around for a long time. One of the cameras I tried the company went under and completely abandoned the software system making the cameras worthless

Thanks for that info. We also have a ring doorbell at our home. The cameras at the summer home to keep an eye on things. Installed underground wiring and a 10’ post for it.
    The security unit I have is Feit bought at Costco. Past the 90 day money back. Wish I knew the recording would’ve been an issue.

• I have switched all of my hard wired ring cameras to battery and I have my Wi-Fi router and cable modem on a ups even if my power is cut the cameras can keep working for about 90 minutes and saving to the cloud - just seemed like a better idea then hard wired

• I have switched all of my hard wired ring cameras to battery and I have my Wi-Fi router and cable modem on a ups even if my power is cut the cameras can keep working for about 90 minutes and saving to the cloud - just seemed like a better idea then hard wired

I never thought of that. Thank You so much for the heads up!!!

• There have been some c0oncerns about the security of Ring's equipment, so make sure your setup includes all of the updates. Try Googling "Ring security concerns." I've been thinking about an external security system for a while now, but haven't made the move. I'd assume that some of the same concerns about Ring may well apply to other brands as well. Just research your potential choices.

In Ring's defense, they're used by a lot of people.

• Most important thing I have heard about with ring is to make sure to set it up with two factor authentication. From what I understand the security problems were accounts where this was not done and people managed to log into peoples accounts and view their cameras by simply guessing a password. With the two factor enabled this can’t be done

• Personally I think that even with the best security it’s best not to point your cameras at anything so sensitive that you would have a big problem if it were hacked. I don’t want others hacking my system, but if they did they are only going to see outside areas around my home

• I've purchased a few Wyze cameras recently. We have some out-buildings without electric and the Wyze cameras work well with solar set-ups. The Wyze Cam3 has a spot light option for using their spot light with it. I just received their Pan Camera and really like it too. It has pan and tilt capabilities, with the option to automatically follow and record a moving object. I also like the fact that you can insert a mini SD card and it will record directly to the card as well as to the cloud. I can configure alerts and connecting to the cameras remotely from our phones is super easy. Just another option worth a look. :thumbsup:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

Perhaps connect to a UPS?

• I have a lot of nuisance alerts. After looking carefully, it appears that the shadow movements (wind) from the trees on the ground trigger movements. I have the sensitivity set to the lowest level and zone out a Channel with boat traffic. I Wanted it to view my water toys and possible trespassers.

• I use Lorex system featuring FLIR cameras, but I use the IP cameras, wired with Cat5 cable, not wireless, going to a NVR and hooked to my WiFi router so I can access it any where in the world.

In fact I just ordered another system under this sale I got 25% off and a coupon code for an additional 10% off to replace an old system that I stopped using.

4k 8mp cameras with infrared, but not pan/tilt

the online access is free, no monthly fees.

https://www.lorextechnology.com/promotions/

• I am also looking at the ring camera. Problem I see is that I now nave security flood lights that are on a motion sensor and every time my dog or cat goes out at night to go to the bathroom the light turns on along with every armadillo and possum passing through. When the wind blows the flapping tarps on my Slingshot Sling Port turns them on. I will be getting a lot of alerts I guess.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• my advice is use WIRED and never wireless for security unless its a simple doorbell ring. If you lose your wifi connection those wireless cameras are basically useless. Also they can be easily hacked ;) . Lol

Agree 100% I have a wired surveillance system, and separate security system for the house and garages. I supplement that with a couple of the Wyze cameras for the less important small buildings as they are dirt cheap and don't require wifi to function (record directly to SD card). You do need wifi to send files to the cloud and interface with the phone app. They fit a niche for some people with simpler needs, and very limited budgets.(also better than nothing) But a good surveillance and security system when ever possible is the best way to go for the best protection, and peace of mind.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi