Better Battery...

• My SS is trailered and covered for my southern trek, so I cannot easily determine the overall height (to the top of the posts) for my oe 2016 battery. Can anybody provide that info? If the Pep Boys (7.8”) is the same or less I expect I will buy one in New Hampshire (no sales tax) when I go through there.

• Here's a link to both Rural King and Optima Group 34 battery sizes and they're very close to the Slingshot battery dimensions - Better Battery..., Post # 105. Both of those batteries fit the Slingshot original battery tray and so should the Pep Boys battery.
    I haven't used my battery since June and when I put the battery on a charger yesterday, it showed up as still having 65% charge. I'll know if I need to order a new battery in a couple days when I hopefully start my Slingshot. At that sale price, I may just buy it anyway since my original battery is getting older. The Texas heat seems to reduce battery life to around 2 years or so.

• My original battery is still going strong afte 2.5 years, but I had an odd thing last summer. After the SS sat for awhile the battery went almost completely dead. Only showed 2 volts. It was a Saturday night so I threw a charger on it overnight. Running a 10 amp charge, the battery was still dead in the morning and wasn't taking a charge. It was only at 16% after 8 hours. I was reading all these sites on batteries and one of them mentioned stratification meaning the electrolytes fall out of suspension and drop to the bottom. Being the goof that I am, I flipped the battery upside down in a tub and shook the shit out of it for a few seconds then turned it over and put the charger back on it. The charge had jumped up to 35% and started climbing! After a few hours it was at 100%. I topped it off with distilled water and put it back in the SS. Two months later and it's still working like it's supposed to.

• The specs on the Rural King AGM group 34 battery are identical to the Bosch at Pep Boys. Somewhat cheaper too, even with the 30% off coupon at Pep Boys. And RK often has a 10% off deal on Black Friday. And comments on quality of the RK battery??

• The specs on the Rural King AGM group 34 battery are identical to the Bosch at Pep Boys. Somewhat cheaper too, even with the 30% off coupon at Pep Boys. And RK often has a 10% off deal on Black Friday. And comments on quality of the RK battery??

If there's an RK near you, then that battery may be OK. RK charges a core fee, so you need to ship the old battery back. 7-year pro-rated warranty with 3 year free replacement.
    The Pep Boys webpage shows a 4 year free replacement warranty (don't know pro-rated period, if any) and the core charge is $15. Pep Boys are near me so the long warranty, close proximity of a Pep Boys for core return tips the purchase towards PB, at least in my case.
    Both batteries look the same design (makes me think same manufacturer).

Actually, if RK ships to Texas and doesn't charge sales tax, then the RK deal isn't bad at all.

• I think I read they pay shipping in some situations. Rural King is new to me, but I see they recently opened a store in Zephyrhills, Fl. And that is where I am headed for the winter. On the road now - in Danbury Ct tonight. SS in tow.

• I think I read they pay shipping in some situations. Rural King is new to me, but I see they recently opened a store in Zephyrhills, Fl. And that is where I am headed for the winter. On the road now - in Danbury Ct tonight. SS in tow.

Last week picked up a new battery at a local Batteries plus with the exact configuration as the OEM battery $140.00 on the shelf...

• Today only (Thanksgiving) the Rural King group 34 AGM 770 cca battery is $89 plus $12 core online. That puts it over $99 so free shipping applies. I ordered one earlier. Cannot beat the price! I hope it is a decent battery.

• Today only (Thanksgiving) the Rural King group 34 AGM 770 cca battery is $89 plus $12 core online. That puts it over $99 so free shipping applies. I ordered one earlier. Cannot beat the price! I hope it is a decent battery.

Thanks for the tip. I think tomorrow's 20% off coupon was evidently for in-store use only so this was a timely post.

• I hope it helps. The 20% coupon takes the price to $96. So the Thursday online $89 with free shipping is even better. The free shipping worked for me as the local store was out of stock, and the 20% coupon is good only for in stock items.

• Having received a Shipment notification Nov 24, 2017, that my order was en route, I received a UPS package today. According to the Shipment email I received, today's package should have included the RK-AGM34 battery I ordered along with an M2A1 .50 cal ammo can (Green Metal Ammo Can - .50 Cal. M2A1 : Rural King) and two COB Flex Worklights (COB Flex Worklight MFWCOB- Color May Vary : Rural King). Both the ammo can and the 2 worklights looked fine. Unfortunately, the battery was not in the shipping box, nor was there any evidence the package might have been damaged and the battery fell out of the packaging. I just submitted an Order Status inquiry via RK's website and will post an update if/when I hear back from RK.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I ordered my AGM gp 34 battery from RK on Nov 23. Said 1-2 day shipping. Nothing yet as of 715 pm tonight. Called RK yesterday to ask about status. Might as well have called CVS about my battery order for all the “help” RK offered. My first purchase from RK might be my last. Sorry to those who acted on my posts last week.

• I'm happy with the other stuff I got from RK. I'm just concerned about the battery not being in the package RK said it was in. It would have been a relatively heavy item to place in with the other items, so hopefully, there was just a shipping mix-up.
    Assuming the battery shipment problem gets worked out, there are some other items I'd like to get from RK. The ammo box was very well priced, even the regular price was better than most other places I've seen similar items, and their gun prices look pretty good, too. Similar products at local dealers are priced significantly higher.