Polaris updated ecu for EPAS issues

• my dealer did not know about it last Saturday.........until I told him...... (Course, he did not get the headlight recall notice until AFTER I told him....... Polaris communication sucks

They get e-mails and notifications on their dealer network when Digital Wrench updates are available ......

But if they never check it or don't perform their system updates then.....well ....

But don't you know the forums are just full of rumors and misinformation.... laugh-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Question
    does this and will this Digital Wrench Version 3.74/26/2016
    eliminate the Rev-Hang-Issues on our 2015- SlingShot made in November, 2014
    ???????????????????????????
    ................................................. tom n carol

• No. This update is only to address the EPAS problem and does nothing with the engine management programming. Sorry

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Yeah thats pretty much the response I got. How does Houston not have a good polaris dealer...

• First the disclaimer that the information about to be shared is my opinion only and I'm not responsible if it later proves to not be correct.

Polaris has released an updated software to the digital wrench dated April 26th (version 3.7 4 26 16 I believe). This is to rewrite the software code for the electronic steering assist system. Questions have been raised as to how this will effect the ecu retuning done by Bob at OBD Diagnostics. Since I have the turbo programming, this was an important issue for me as well as hundreds of others. I had my ecu reflashed today and watched the entire process. When the digital wrench is hooked up to the slingshot, the available (meaning updates that are specific for the unit hooked up) is displayed. Mine only showed the one upgrade. Polaris engineers had said that when this update was released, it would incorporate any and all prior ecu updates, so a "virgin" ecu would only have to be reflashed once to get all the available ecu updated releases. This was not true. The new updated flashing ONLY corrects the EPAS software and will not wipe out the custom tune to your ecu. There also is an option under the engine management line which will update the rev hanging (and potentially other issues that I'm not aware of) and having that done, WILL WIPE OUT THE CUSTOM TUNING OF YOUR ECU. So please make sure your servicing technician knows that you have a custom tune and you only want the EPAS software upgrade done. This updated software is for the 2015 and 2016 units built prior to (whatever date probably April) 2016.

I hope this helps and puts some of your minds at ease to the all important question of do I get it done and lose my tune, or not.

@funinthesun Thank you for this. Do you mind If i copy this to the thread I had started regarding the sticking issue? I've already got the ball rolling with my local dealership to make sure they have the update and schedule a time for me to go do this. Have you had a chance to test the fix for the steering yet?

• Sure, feel free to share this with anyone. I didn't have any steering issues. But since my ecu was going to be sent back to Bob to do a modified turbo reprogram, it was best for me to get all ecu updates available. that way IF there ever was an issue that a prior Polaris update would correct (like this new one), Polaris would probably not authorize any repairs until it was updated. I didn't want to take the chance to have to send it back to Bob again and pay him yet another time to reload the turbo tune if Polaris's tune wiped out the custom programming. But it was all for not since this new release from Polaris appears to ONLY address the EPAS steering issue. The rev hanging was supposed to be corrected with a prior update back in late 2015 for the 2015 model years. 2016 are not suppose to have this issue.

• No. This update is only to address the EPAS problem and does nothing with the engine management programming. Sorry

Thank-You - - funinthesun
    we had a ECU update last year and it did not cure the
    RPM Flares/Hangups
    it is absolutely annoying carol & i can not understand how Polaris can ignore this issue or have not have a new ECU update to correct this issue
    ............................................ tom n carol

• T & C...do you guys still have catalytic converter and stock intake/exhaust? I've always been baffled as to why some folks have chronic issues with the rev hang/idle issue and other don't. In my case the intake and exhaust mods got rid of most of it and then the re-flash did the rest.

• This is something that should be done under warranty yes?

That would be a "yes". It would be best to give your dealer service department a call and ask if they have the Digital Wrench version of the flash you want, and if not, can they get it because you have issues.

There are two reflash versions available....
    One for the rev hang/flare, one for the EPAS issue.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I had my ECU updated today for the steering EPAS issue and just tested it and my Bob Turbo tune is still there and running awesome. After a short ride I cannot tell if the steering issue is fixed, mine would kick in randomly and by restating SS would clear it. Best way to discribe it, feels like somebody unbolted the sway bar and the front end got loose/free.
    Going into a corner it can make your ass pucker not expecting a total different feel. Fingers crossed this fixes the issue. [tt][/tt]

• I had my ECU updated today for the steering EPAS issue and just tested it and my Bob Turbo tune is still there and running awesome. After a short ride I cannot tell if the steering issue is fixed, mine would kick in randomly and by restating SS would clear it. Best way to discribe it, feels like somebody unbolted the sway bar and the front end got loose/free.
    Going into a corner it can make your ass pucker not expecting a total different feel. Fingers crossed this fixes the issue. [tt][/tt]

Glad to hear that Meagan was able to fix your steering hang-up and your Bob tune was still working as planned. I love it when I'm right since it happens so seldom 8o 8o8o8o

• I have my original unflashed ECU in my 2015 SL. I get a little hang but it's not all that bad and I can live with it. Always scared to mess with something that works, I have no steering issues or dead spots. If the flash will cure the hang maybe I'll flash it when I bring it in for the headlight wire recall.