Luggage Racks Anyone?

• I am interested in a set of these for my SS. I am just trying to get my priorities straight as to what I purchase next for my SS. There is so much that I would like to do. Of course the Money makes the decision. I am trying to work on safety before everything else. The forum is a Blessing but a Bitch at the same time. A lot of you point out issues with the SS that keep me spending to Better the ride
    Performance, Stability and SAFETY most of all with the SS. I finally read the Thread about the seat belts and come to the conclusion that I need to upgrade that next. I was WARNED that you all would HELP me spend ALL of my money on my SS. I can't complain, I appreciate everything that you Guy's and Gal's have found wrong with the SS. It is to bad that Polaris didn't think of these issues. I just want me and the wife to have fun and be safe when we ride. @SlingLow please keep me in mind for a set of the Luggage Racks. It will be a while before I can afford a Truck and Trailer to Haul my SS. I will be driving my SS to every event for some time now. I just appreciate you all for coming up with these products that don't hit you in the pocket like some of these companies are trying to do. I will pay $300.00 all day for your Luggage Racks versus the $660.00 for the others. Yours look better anyways and I bet are built better.
    Sorry for the Rant and Thank You for being an awesome family.

#7Cities1Party....Sun's Out Slingshot's Out.... :thumbup::SLRSS:

• I've still got 3 pairs of the 15/16 racks and 3 pairs of the 17/18 racks left if anyone is interested. Christmas is over and it's time to spend some money on yourselves again! Amiright?

If you still have a set, I’d be in for a set for a 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• If you still have a set, I’d be in for a set for a 15.

After a couple of PMs with @pricejh61, it has come to light that he will be using the Twist Dynamics Gull Wing top. There is only 5 1/4" clearance between the top of my racks and the support bar for the top that extends behind the hoops. That's enough for 3 large pizzas but not much more. Has anyone come up with an effective way to carry luggage with this and/or other tops? Of course there are the Corbin bags but they're a little pricey for many owners.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• After a couple of PMs with @pricejh61, it has come to light that he will be using the Twist Dynamics Gull Wing top. There is only 5 1/4" clearance between the top of my racks and the support bar for the top that extends behind the hoops. That's enough for 3 large pizzas but not much more. Has anyone come up with an effective way to carry luggage with this and/or other tops? Of course there are the Corbin bags but they're a little pricey for many owners.

As much as I like Corbin’s they are way outta my price range. Potty... and as much as I like your racks, 5.25 inches isn’t enough to vary a second pair of shorts. Much less a weeks worth of clothes. . Might have to go with the clear plastic wrap behind the hoops.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Of course there are the Corbin bags but they're a little pricey for many owners.

I've got to chime in on this. NO, just NO! The day I bought my SS they had another SS that had just put on the Corbins. I loved the look (at least at first, now like other options better) and decided to go for it. I didn't have mine 2 weeks, and they started to blister on the black part of the bag. Not to mention, the latch bolt on one side was shimmed so far that it was only catching by one thread. Yes, it failed early on. I fixed that, but had problems with the lids opening up on rides the entire time I had them on it. Might take 10 miles, might take 400, but they would always end up opening if I gave them enough time. That was with them locked to, for what that's worth. I got them to stay shut longer after adjusting them, but God forbid you get them in a light rain..... they leaked like the doors were off the bags! Then my fender cracked, where it bolts to the bag.

I sold them, and my only regret was that I ever bought the things. They rattled, leaked, cracked, blistered, and were not worth $500 for what you got to me. I've had Corbin seats for my Harleys, and they were always well made and a quality product. This is an insult to the name Corbin IMHO. I know some have them and like them fine, I'm only telling you my experience. The Corbin bags were my single most regretted thing about my SS.

• I've got to chime in on this. NO, just NO! The day I bought my SS they had another SS that had just put on the Corbins. I loved the look (at least at first, now like other options better) and decided to go for it. I didn't have mine 2 weeks, and they started to blister on the black part of the bag. Not to mention, the latch bolt on one side was shimmed so far that it was only catching by one thread. Yes, it failed early on. I fixed that, but had problems with the lids opening up on rides the entire time I had them on it. Might take 10 miles, might take 400, but they would always end up opening if I gave them enough time. That was with them locked to, for what that's worth. I got them to stay shut longer after adjusting them, but God forbid you get them in a light rain..... they leaked like the doors were off the bags! Then my fender cracked, where it bolts to the bag.
    I sold them, and my only regret was that I ever bought the things. They rattled, leaked, cracked, blistered, and were not worth $500 for what you got to me. I've had Corbin seats for my Harleys, and they were always well made and a quality product. This is an insult to the name Corbin IMHO. I know some have them and like them fine, I'm only telling you my experience. The Corbin bags were my single most regretted thing about my SS.

@Ghost here is something about the Corbin bags that we were talking about. Also look thru this thread and you will see pictures of the racks we were talking about.

• @Ghost here is something about the Corbin bags that we were talking about. Also look thru this thread and you will see pictures of the racks we were talking about.

Know a guy who had to put velcro strips on the doors to keep the doors closed. Kind of like the look of them, but will never get them due to quality issues. The people who like them seem to really like them, but most just except the doors opening and at the price... don't think so.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Well, I sold my last set of 15/16 racks and will be making another batch in the next couple of weeks. Great time to get in on the action and receive a FRESH off the shelf pair of Slingshot Luggage Racks! Order one rack for $295 shipped and get the 2nd rack absolutely FREE - also shipped! But wait, there's more! If you order now, I'll include a complete set of installation hardware (same as if you order later)!

I also have racks for the 17/18 model years so don't hesitate to take advantage of this extremely generous offer that will last only until they're gone - unless I make more.

@A-Team SS
    @Neosolidus
    @EverybodyElse!

Whaddya think ladies and gents? Is it time to splurge?

• Trying my hardest to stick to the electronics mods for now .....but if they were perhaps red, I'd have to get a part time job LOL I can't recall if these work with the plexi windscreens @SlingLow?

If you're talking about the rear wind restrictor, I don't believe so. From the pics I've seen it appears that they mount behind the roll hoops and would block the mounting pads from the recessed slots in the hoops where they attach.

Now as far as red - that could be done for anyone who wanted them. If I had 3 or 4 commitments, perhaps for close to the same price. Fast Red anyone?

• Thanks for the quick response as always. Yes, I was speaking of the rear wind restrictor, as I like how it quiets the cabins on our Boxster. I have it on my list but the luggage racks may take priority considering I'll be losing some storage space soon.

Okay everyone interested in "fast red" he's opening up the gate! GO!! Commit, commit, commit! LOL