Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Thanks @funinthesun that was very informative. Now I understand

• I'm really tired of this Mexican border thing already!! They are allowed to come over here - commit crimes against Americans - then released to prey on innocents again. On the other side of the coin - throw a shotgun shell in your baggage (no gun) and cross over into Mexico and see what happens to you!!
    Kinda shows you how STUPID our government has been!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• So Australia has an illegal immigrant (by boat) policy whereby anyone captured trying to illegally enter the country is detained on a different island. They now have over 1200 detainees, some of whom have been there for over 4 years. Obama, in November, after the election, agreed to take those immigrants (who are primarily refugees, many from Iran).

So:

1. Why can everyone else have strict illegal immigration policy but us?

2. Can we change the agreement insofar we take 1200 of their illegal immigrants, and they take 1200 of ours?

• I'm really tired of this Mexican border thing already!! They are allowed to come over here - commit crimes against Americans - then released to prey on innocents again. On the other side of the coin - throw a shotgun shell in your baggage (no gun) and cross over into Mexico and see what happens to you!!
    Kinda shows you how STUPID our government has been!!!

I used to think that the Mexican boarder paid rent j/k

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• You want to know why California is so far to the left that your head spins wherever they speak? Just read what the WONDERFUL Dianne Feinstein just said:

"All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Yep, - she really said it on Thursday in a meeting in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. . . . And the quote below from the LA Times is priceless. Sometimes even the L.A. Times gets it right.

Kurt Nimmo: "Senator Feinstein insults all U.S. Veterans as she flails about in a vain attempt to save her anti-firearms bill."

Quote of the Day from the Los Angeles Times:

"Frankly, I don't know what it is about California, but we seem to have a strange urge to elect really obnoxious women to high office. I'm not bragging, you understand, but no other state, including Maine, even comes close. When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to Washington, we're Number One. There's no getting around the fact that the last time anyone saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, and Nancy Pelosi, they were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth '. The four of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of blab. You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply marvel at their ability to form words."

Columnist Burt Prelutsky, Los Angeles Times

Be sure to forward this to all of the "mentally ill" vets you know. Especially the ones with guns.

WOW, Donald, if you want to make America GREAT again, you can start on the West Coast dingbats that are giving Washington DC such a bad reputation. The EPA has to check their water supply since it's obvious that there's something in the water that kills brain cells

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

So..... its been 15 minutes since Secretary Tillerson addressed the State Department staff for the first time ...

How long will it take for a "news" agency to report he is racist and does not support the people of Atlanta since he mentioned the Patriots pledge of "Do your job" in his speech .....

Is it wrong to admit I may be starting have a man crush on Tillerson ...... confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I have pretty much kept my mouth shut on this thread because everyone else has very good points and comments already. But I have to rant. I have been a sustaining member of Minnesota Public Radio for quite a few years, mainly because they have been, for the most part, unbiased. But ever since the election it's become very clear that they are NOT. They are so anti Trump that it is almost comical listening to them.
    They don't understand that the very phrase"illegal immigrants" means that they are illegal! They connect the Trump wall with the Berlin Wall, completely ignoring the fact that the Berlin Wall was built to keep their citizens locked in, NOT to keep people out. These are just a couple of the ridiculous examples there are, but I don't want to type anymore. Rant over, from a former MPR member

• Well if she has declared me as "mentally ill" then I want to have my disability rating increased to 100% and get compensation for it.

• Hey Arnold..."You're Fired!"

President-elect Donald Trump has called out Arnold Schwarzenegger for failing to match the ratings he received when he was the host of "The Celebrity Apprentice."

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.