WELTER or OTHER EXH?

• On my fourth exhaust... the Alpha Side has worked for me. Quiet at idle and kick azz when on the throttle. love it! Less fumes as well.

1) F1 Exhaust
    2) Fab Factor
    3) Alpha Variable
    4) Alpha Side Exhaust

5) Next .... who knows

Thoughts on the variable vs side exhaust? Sound difference? Heat difference?
    These are the 2 I'm looking at.

Sent from my phone using my big fat fingers to push the buttons

• I really loved the variable.... but once it stopped working I just did not want it to fail a second time. So I went with the side exhaust. The ability to adjust the sound was simply GREAT. With it all the way open, you would get a nice gurgle pop sounds. I noticed that my variable would slightly raise in temperature when I had it closed....which is to be expected. But was NOTHING like the factory. With the current side exhaust, the heat is fine and again nothing like the factory, the sound is quiet at idle.... just slightly louder than stock. But once your hitting about 2500 rpms it comes alive and sounds nice with NO droning sound. Not overly load at ALL. I have less fumes with the side exhaust as well...compared to the variable. Hope this helps!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• ^^^
    Agreed... best looking too..but it doesnt work if you have a fender... :( and the fender is a much needed necessity for creating depth to a black abyss. We started out with the uptone trio exhaust which came with 3 different baffles, and changed that out to the alpha variable exhaust..

Edit:
    I seen a previous post with a fender I don't recognize, but unless Welter has changed the design since last ssits, it won't work with Metricks fender.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• ^^^
    Agreed... best looking too..but it doesnt work if you have a fender... :( and the fender is a much needed necessity for creating depth to a black abyss. We started out with the uptone trio exhaust which came with 3 different baffles, and changed that out to the alpha variable exhaust..

Edit:
    I seen a previous post with a fender I don't recognize, but unless Welter has changed the design since last ssits, it won't work with Metricks fender.

It works with the Alpha fender, which is what I have on my SS. Checked and installed the Welter Duals at SSITS16

• It works with the Alpha fender, which is what I have on my SS. Checked and installed the Welter Duals at SSITS16

I believe you meant to say that it works with the Assault fender. Alpha does not make a fender. It is also my understanding that only the 2" Welter exhaust will work and glad you are happy with it. I have been told that the turbo/supercharger 2 1/2" exhaust will not work with the Assault fender. I just wonder if anyone has tried it and was were the results (i.e. did it fit and if so, any rubbing on fender).

• I believe you meant to say that it works with the Assault fender. Alpha does not make a fender. It is also my understanding that only the 2" Welter exhaust will work and glad you are happy with it. I have been told that the turbo/supercharger 2 1/2" exhaust will not work with the Assault fender. I just wonder if anyone has tried it and was were the results (i.e. did it fit and if so, any rubbing on fender).

Yep, you are right Assault fender (BRAIN FART). It may work but you would need to at least change the the fender to the left side swing arm bracket. Instead of being straight it would need a curve in it. It would be tight but I think it will work. The curve is to clear the bracket where it will not hit the exhaust pipe when the swing arm moves up and down. This also needs to happen on the standard or NA Welter Dual exhaust pipe.

• Yep, you are right Assault fender (BRAIN FART). It may work but you would need to at least change the the fender to the left side swing arm bracket. Instead of being straight it would need a curve in it. It would be tight but I think it will work. The curve is to clear the bracket where it will not hit the exhaust pipe when the swing arm moves up and down. This also needs to happen on the standard or NA Welter Dual exhaust pipe.

I am not sure I understand what you mean "least change the fender to the left side swing arm bracket". I am assuming you mean something about loosing up the gray bracket that fits on left side of the fender and curving it back toward the middle (???). Looking at it, the bracket is probably located right now in only the place that it will fit which is the smallest part of the swingarm (skinniest). More than likely, I am missing something here. Just wondering if the gray bracket can be cut a little to miss the pipe when swingarm moves or maybe some type of fabrication.

• I am not sure I understand what you mean "least change the fender to the left side swing arm bracket". I am assuming you mean something about loosing up the gray bracket that fits on left side of the fender and curving it back toward the middle (???). Looking at it, the bracket is probably located right now in only the place that it will fit which is the smallest part of the swingarm (skinniest). More than likely, I am missing something here. Just wondering if the gray bracket can be cut a little to miss the pipe when swingarm moves or maybe some type of fabrication.

I am not sure I understand what you mean "least change the fender to the left side swing arm bracket". I am assuming you mean something about loosing up the gray bracket that fits on left side of the fender and curving it back toward the middle (???). Looking at it, the bracket is probably located right now in only the place that it will fit which is the smallest part of the swingarm (skinniest). More than likely, I am missing something here. Just wondering if the gray bracket can be cut a little to miss the pipe when swingarm moves or maybe some type of fabrication.

You are getting the idea. The gray bracket is straight, so put and downward arch in it. The exhaust pipe is hitting the bracket and putting an arch in it until it breaks like mine did. By putting that arch in it, the exhaust pipe will not hit the bracket. I hope everything is clear now. I had to go and look to make sure I had that right.

• You are getting the idea. The gray bracket is straight, so put and downward arch in it. The exhaust pipe is hitting the bracket and putting an arch in it until it breaks like mine did. By putting that arch in it, the exhaust pipe will not hit the bracket. I hope everything is clear now. I had to go and look to make sure I had that right.

Got it, I think. How does you fender work without the bracket? (i.e. vibration, bend any?). If it works fine without the bracket, that might be the answer or fabricate another bracket around the pipe.

• ^^^

Edit:

If you are referring to my post and pics, my fender is a homemade one. The Welter duals clear it nicely.

• Got it, I think. How does you fender work without the bracket? (i.e. vibration, bend any?). If it works fine without the bracket, that might be the answer or fabricate another bracket around the pipe.

Too much vibration without that bracket. I have got to fab up the curved section between the swing arm and the fender mount so that it will clear the exhaust pipe when the swing arm moves up. The exhaust pipe put about a 1/2 inch offset in the bracket before it finally broke. I will get around to it one day and reinstall the fender.

• Too much vibration without that bracket. I have got to fab up the curved section between the swing arm and the fender mount so that it will clear the exhaust pipe when the swing arm moves up. The exhaust pipe put about a 1/2 inch offset in the bracket before it finally broke. I will get around to it one day and reinstall the fender.

Fun: I got the following message from Jeff Welter. Do you think this will work for us? " I can scoot it closer to the plastic if it's just a straight forward move but changing angles are limited by radius of the tubing Dies therefore the design is pretty much fixed and can't be changed because of the dies and clamps length on the bender". He is going to look at mine in SSITS again this year

• Fun: I got the following message from Jeff Welter. Do you think this will work for us? " I can scoot it closer to the plastic if it's just a straight forward move but changing angles are limited by radius of the tubing Dies therefore the design is pretty much fixed and can't be changed because of the dies and clamps length on the bender". He is going to look at mine in SSITS again this year

There is no reason, in my opinion for him to change the his design. If you are running the Assault fender you just need to change up the bracket. I will show you when we get to SSITS. Look me up. I will also will show Jeff.

• Has anyone come up with a fix on fumes running the Alpha variable?.....can't do side or rear exit because of body kit. Strangest thing, drove home after install, about three hours no fumes. Now the fumes are very strong.