Stupid humans and their stupid tricks

• Well, I finally did it. Dinged up my baby. Broad daylight, no adverse weather or road conditions, no high speed, no other vehicles....in other words, completely my fault.

Bottom line is, I slid over a low curb/median broad side to. Right side of the front splitter is pushed up and in. Dings in the passenger side of both front and back rims. Scratches in the plastic on both the splitter and the side of the bathtub. Still very drivable as far as I can tell, but you can see the gaps in the hood alignment, and I'll need to replace one side of the LED strips I installed.

All told, it could have been a hell of a lot worse. I'll just throw it on the trailer this week and get it to SC, and then see if it's something I can work through with my limited knowledge and skills, or if I'm going to need the pros. But I am sick to my stomach, and pretty pissed. And the worst part is, I made the decision on my own, thought I had plenty of room (not so much - Azura skittered across the pavement like a hockey puck on a newly-Zambonied rink and all that space got eaten up like a fat kid at an all-you-can eat ice cream sundae buffet), and immediately found out I didn't. It's like my old man always said - always - it costs to learn. It always costs to learn - time, money, heartache, friends, pain, whatever - there's always a price.

Mothaf$@&%r.

• That sucks man. So sorry to hear this. And to keep the theme of this family... pics or or it didn't happen. (Laughter cures all)

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• Actually @KayTwo I need to say that you have a lot of composure to be able to write this in such detail. Myself, between being mad about the situation and the my own embarrassment would keep me from even posting.

• Actually @KayTwo I need to say that you have a lot of composure to be able to write this in such detail. Myself, between being mad about the situation and the my own embarrassment would keep me from even posting.

Something I learned from the Navy, I guess...let others learn from your mistakes.

But, a word of caution....that little f&$%ing switch on the centerline just forward of the stick shift should really be marked with devil's horns and a pitchfork.

• Sorry to hear about your troubles........

thanks, I appreciate that. You know what, though, it's entirely my fault, and I really can't get too indignant about it. Kind of wish my dad was still alive to call him and let him laugh at it though, he always made me feel better about stupid shit like this.

• At least you are not hurt. The Sling can be fixed brother. We just might have to do a wrench day at your new house. You know we are all here to pitch in.

You know you don't need a wrench day as a reason to darken our doorstep. That door is always open to you.

But, if you're coming down, you might as well bring your tools... :P